Don't Be Dumb

Getting It (in the process of deleting...maybe)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[ Key’s POV ]

The warmth from her disappears as I pull away. Only to be felt again from her hand.

I lead her into one of the practice rooms. The one Taemin and Jonghyun use all the time. Both of them think that nobody knows about the room, including themselves.

Sometimes they can be extremely slow.

The door is shut. As I face her, I feel nothing but worry in the pit of my stomach.

Did I do too much?

[ Yuri’s POV ]

He held my hand...He held it.

Now he’s here before me, watching any sudden movement I make.

“Are you okay?”

Silence.

“Yuri, listen. I’m sorry that I....” My eyes lids feel like lead. I’m so tired. “I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to make you uncomfortable. It’s just, I couldn’t think of anything else to do.” Ahhh. I see.

“It’s fine. I’m fine. It’s all really okay, honestly.” I finally find the urge to say.

“Oh.”

I cross my arms. This feeling, I don’t like it. Now, I feel uncomfortable.

“I’m going to check if the coast is clear.” I feel my phone vibrate. It startles me, since my mind is elsewhere.

New Message~

Bong Ki: I got the news. And its been taken care of. You should have called me as soon at it happened. We’ll talk about this later. Make sure the guys leave quickly.

Great, just fuc-

“It’s all clear.” I glance up at Key.

[ Key’s POV ]

Her hand is in her hair, then she slowly lets go.

“Oh.” Is all she says. I notice her phone resting in her palm.

“Is there some thing wrong?” I watch more intensely.

Her shirt has ridden more down her arm. That probably happened when were running together. This makes me feel weird. Different. Like I want to cover her up and protect her. But from what?

“We need to go, now.” There’s a little force written behind her tone. She walks past me. What’s wrong?

She stops at the door, looking over her shoulder.

“Everything’s going to be okay. Don’t worry.’ Can she read my thoughts?

That’s silly. What am I thinking?

I follow behind her. Letting the awkward silence continue.

[ Yuri’s POV ]

We’ve managed through it. We did, and I got the boys home. Quickly like Bong Ki wanted. Sighhh. Is it always going to be this chaotic?

I lean against the counter, moving around the teabag in my cup. Twirling it, I relax my shoulders. I don’t want to have to worry like this. The guys could have seriously gotten hurt today. I don’t want that.

My eyes wander, searching for the time.

It’s almost six. I was supposed to be over at their place a while ago.

I close my eyes. Thinking of what I told Key before he left.

[ Flashback ]

“Hey!”  Key shouted, and I turned around to face him.

“Yes.” He stood there scratching his head.

“Are you still...coming over?” Obviously I hadn’t even thought about that. I pursed my lips.

I’m too tired.

“Uhhh....I’ll let you know.”

“How?” His question made me stop.  “I don’t know.”

“Give me your phone.” He demanded. I rolled my eyes. I didn’t want to deal with it. With him. With anything. I tended to have no tolerance for things like these. Why did I agree to move here, again? Oh, right. Because I loved the feeling of pleasing people. Of making them thrilled and happy. To see the joy rubbed all over their faces. To know that, no matter how hard things got. I could make someone feel happy again. Even if it was for a second.

“No.” He was dissatisfied with this. And for the first time I didn’t care what someone else thought. I did things too much for others. Why couldn’t I ever think of myself? Is that selfish? Is that mean?

He snatched my phone out of my pocket, and started moving his fingers on the keypad. Then when he was done, he grabbed my hand. Again, surprising me. I wouldn’t think he’d dare to do that, but he clearly is more than just the Diva named Key.

“Here.” He said placing it in my hand. He stormed off and entered the car with the rest. The engine started and I watched as the car drove away.

[ End of Flashback ]

I shake my head roughly. I need to stop, or I’ll be the first person on earth to die of over thinking. Or...did that already happen?

“Ellie.” I glance up to see my mother standing in front of me. “Wanna talk?”

Mom and I sit down at the table both holding are cups in our hands. I take a sip of my tea. Chamomile. Mmmm. My favorite.

“So, how was your day?” I puffed my cheeks.

“That bad, huh?” She’s like a mind reading.

“I don’t wanna get into too much detail, but lets just say. Well...it was a long day.” Mom patted my hand.

“It’ll be fine, sweet pea.” Really? The sweet pea thing. I hate peas. They taste nasty. Gag.

She eyes me.

“What?”

“Is there something else?” Uh, should there be?

“Nope. Why the sudden question?”

“Because I feel like there’s more you’re not telling me.” Damn, this woman. Having those motherly like powers to know all kinds of things.

“Well...’ She said bringing me back. I sighed in defeat. So, I started talking, letting her know everything. Leaving out that part about Key. She would freak, find him, and probably chop him up feedin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter