The Yellow Dress

Getting It (in the process of deleting...maybe)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

[ Yuri’s POV ]

“Here.” My eyes examine the bag my Mom has handed me.

“Go on, see what’s inside.” She tells me. I’m hesitate at first, but then I uncover the mystery. A summer dress. The color of light yellow.  

?

“Isn’t it cute?”  She exclaims with joy. Mmm.

“Uh...yeah, but um... why did you get me a dress?”

“For your interview tomorrow, silly.” She slaps me on the back. Yeah, I’m definitely her daughter.

“Can’t I just go in causal clothes?”

“No.” She says, and this makes me pout.

I shake my head.

Oh yes, I decided to apply for the job at S.M Entertainment. I’m giving things a try, besides, who knows something amazing might be down the road. So, why not?

But a dress, honestly Mom.

-----

“Are you ready?” Mom asks me from the other side of the door.

I blink as I see myself in the mirror.

Who is this girl? Why is she in a dress, and in my bathroom? Oh, wait. That’s me.

Good grief.

“Yuri?” Mom calls.

I stop my hand from reaching the door nub. Should I get used to the fact that she might be calling me that from now on?  Then I remember the story of how I got this name.

The smile runs across my face.

I’m more than happy to be called Yuri.

“Sorry...” I hear her say. “El, are you okay in there? Do you need help?” A chuckle comes from me.

I slowly open the door, making my way out of the bathroom. Putting my arms behind my back and walking forward. Mom gasps.

“Omo....” Then a pause. I look away.

“Does it look bad?” I question innocently.

“Of course not! You look so cute.” She admires my makeup.

“I’m so glad I made an amazing looking child that barely needs makeup at all.” I squntch up my nose. Oh brother.

I only put on a little mascara, and a tiny bit of pink blush.

“Ma.” I said moving back a bit before she had a chance to pinch my cheeks. She loves to do that.

We both laugh.

“You ready?”

“Yeah, time to use my korean tongue.” I say with smirk.

“You’ll be fine.”

-----

I slam the car door. Mom waves goodbye to me and drives away. Glancing up, I see the building in front of me. It scares me a bit.

You’ll be fine, you’ll be fine. Be optimistic. Neh, El.

I look up once more before I go inside.

-----

It’s so freaking cold in here. I fold my arms and pull my little white sweater over me some more. Which doesn’t really help considering the fact that it just covers my chest. Like, I said. A small sweater.

I make my way up the receptionist. She’s talking on the phone when I stand in front of her.

I get the finger. Haha. No, no. Not the bird finger. Her index finger shoots up, letting me know she’ll be with me in a minute.

Standing there I stare my feet.

Deep breath in, deep breath out.

The phone call ends. She says hello in English. I hope she doesn’t think I’m some dumb white girl who just randomly decided to come here.

I say hello back in Korean.

That surprises her. I smile. Good, I think now she gets it.

“Can I help you?” I nod.

“I’m here for the job-“ But before I can even finish she cuts me off.

“Oh, you’re Yuri, right?” My head tilts a bit. I forget.

“Yes, I am.” She smiles, and then tells me where I need to go.

I enter a elevator with her. The music makes it awkward.

The doors opens and she leads me to a room. I bow, thanking her.

“Fighting.” She whispers. Now she surprises me.

“Thank you.” And I walk into the room.

-----

Its either this is too easy, or I’m dreaming.

I got the job.

Yeah, I know.

The guy named Bong Ki who interviewed me said that I seemed like a good enough person. Uh, thanks?

He also told me the company would be pleased to have me work there. Well, I mainly think it’s because I’m some foreign creature from another distant planet. So, to the company I seem interesting enough.

Oh, so what am I doing. Bong Ki had a special word for it that made it seem important, but technically speaking, I just fetch things for people.

No, not an assistant, but then its kinda, maybe, not really is that.

Since I’ll be fetching things for a group.

I don’t know what he means by a group.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter