Go Ahead, Surprise Me

Getting It (in the process of deleting...maybe)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“We are doing what?” I asked my father early in the morning.

He was all dolled up and looked fresh. I sat my bum on the seat in the kitchen. My Mom turned around and shot me a look. The one that said “how should I know” She shrugged and sighed handing my father a plate of yummy breakfast.

“Ladies first.” He said as he gave me the plate.

I smirked. This guy. I laughed to myself. My Dad gave me a warm smile. Flashing me those perfect teeth unfortunately I wasn’t given. Oh, god.

Flashback of metal braces.

Gross.

I touch my mouth. Worth it, I guess. Since my teeth look so much better. I shake my head placing the plate on the table.

“So, what’s the big news?” I questioned again.

“Beats me.” Mom answered. Dad laughed at her then walked over to kiss her on the cheek.

“No need to worry. You girls will learn that later.”

The mystery grew inside of me. Surprises. Great. I’m not a big fan of those. They freak me out. Its like, “Hey, surprise, go take you and your cloud of curiousness and take a hike.” Bleh. Since it’s my Dad. I think I’m sorta okay with it. SORTA.

I sighed quietly and grabbed my fork. Time to dig in.

 

-----

 

When the night finally reached the day. I was in my room thinking. What was it? God dammit, Dad. I shook my head. My hands reached for my pillow and I put it over my face and screamed. I heard a knock on the door.

My body shot up. Oh My Cheesus.

I ran to the door half interested and half scared to see if it was my Mom.

“Honey?” Freeze. Its Dad.

I opened the door, before he did.

“Hey, kiddo. “ He said sweetly then kissed my forehead.

“Hi.” He walked past me and sat down on my bed.

Crossing his arms he said. “Your rooms a mess.” I glared at him.

“Hey, hey, hey. If you came here to complain, I suggest you leave.” I pointed to the door.

He chuckled which made me smiled. Oh, Dad. You big goof.  I sat down beside him, and stretched out my arms. He sat there silent, it made me worry a bit. Thoughts of concern floated around in head completely forgetting about the “Surprise”

“You trust me, right El?” I turned my head.

I nodded but then spoke realizing he wasn’t looking at me. “I do.”

“And your mother? Sh-“

“Come on, pops.” I slapped him on the back which caught his attention. He looked at me, eyes wide.

“Mom adores you, to be quite honest I don’t think I’ve ever seen two people more in love than you’s two.” He gave me weak smile.

“You’re just like your mother. So cute, and honest.” I cringed at the thought. Bleh. I’m not mom. Mom’s way better. And nicer. Heh. Comparing me to her is like comparing a cute kitten to a porcupine. I usually bite anyone who gets on my nerves. Not in a literal sense, but you get what I’m saying.

“Thanks, I guess, but you already know I don’t agree with that statement.” I admitted.

His smile grew bigger.

“Yep, you’re just like her.” I rolled my eyes.

“But what’s with the question. I’m curious to know.” He stood up and faced me.

“Come to the living room with me. I need to tell you and your mother something. “ Ahhh. The surprise.

I feel his hand on my head, he ruffles my hair. T

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter