Middle Name

Getting It (in the process of deleting...maybe)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I couldn’t sleep at all. Toss and turned throughout the night.

I’m going to be so lonely. How will I even manage in that country???

Of course, you pabo. Oh. There it goes. The Korean is coming back like nothing. I’ve been looking at my books I used to use when I took my Korean classes.

I slowly spin around in my rolling chair.

Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock. I look over the side of my bed. My luggage already packed. I don’t even know why I did that. It just sorta happened. I guess I just wanna get it over with.

My tummy growls. Uhhh. Fine, fine. You’ll get food.

I open my door, and peek through the hall. So, still. So, quiet. I start walking and hear the fridge open.

Dad.

I don’t even need to question it. That’s the bad habit I get from him. If I can’t sleep, I eat a bowl of cereal. Don’t ask why. I just don’t know. I used to watch him do it when I was little, and he would feed me some. He would tell me about Mom and when they were younger.

How he thought she was beautiful and that he would always thank the stars for giving him someone so special.

And that he was even more happy when Mom found out she was preggers with me. Awh. Dad.

“Want some?” He asks when I come by him.

I shake my head. “I like Froot Loops better.” He smiles.

“Sorry, do Cheerios taste awful now?” I shook my head again.

“No, I’m just in the Fruity kind of mood.” He chuckled at this.

I lean against the counter with him as we both eat. I stop and he glances at me, stopping also.

“Is there something wrong?” He questions. I face him placing the bowl on the counter.

“Dad...”

“Yes?” I watch him watch me... This is strange. I’m not good with these kind of things.

I grab my bowl and continue eating. He stands there for a while, just hearing my crunching in the night.

Then he too starts eating again. I pause for a bit and say, “Let’s move to Korean.” He turns his head toward me.

“I already thought about it, so if you’re going to tell that I shouldn’t do something I don’t want to, don’t. because I’m already doing that.” I go back to eating.

I stare at the fridge and I hear him putting his bowl in the sink.

“Thank you.” He whispers and kisses me on my forehead.

As I stand there and see him walk back into his room.

I smile.

 

----

 

“Ellie, can you please hurry up we have to go.” Mom told me. Cheesus. Like, I already don’t we have to go. But this crazy lady has been barking at me all day long. We fricking have three more hours left.

I wish she would stop talking for a sec, and just let me breathe.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter