I'm Soooo Not A Bum

Getting It (in the process of deleting...maybe)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Tell me again why my middle name is Yuri?” I asked as we made are way out of the airport.

My parents were unusually quiet now. Odd.

“Hello?” I waved my hand in their faces.

“Wanna tell me or not?” My Dad cleared his throat.

“Yuri...”

“Whoa, whoa, whoa. Don’t start calling me that.” He nodded and bowed. WOW.

“Dad?”

“I’m sorry, you’re right. Your name is Ellie, But Yuri is also your name.” I rolled my eyes, and analyzed my mom. She was really quiet.

“Yes. My MIDDLE name.” I said annoyed.

“Mom?” She looked at me. This whole mute Mother thing was getting to me.

“Yes?” My brows furrowed. My family is so fricking weird.

“Nevermind.” I finally said. I’ll ask her later.

-----

When we finally got to my new home. I couldn’t help but be shocked. The house was stunning. And that was just the outside. Hmm. I guess Korea’s not so bad. I could be a little more optimistic. I guess.

Dad opened the door.

 “Wow...”

“Success.” Dad said as he put some luggage down.

“Huh? What’s success?”

“You like it? I wanted to buy a house you would be comfortable in. It’s nice, huh?” My mouth parted a little and then I smiled. 

“I do, but hey, how about making Mom happy too once and while, you big goof.” I placed my bag down.

“Oh...” He quickly put his hand by his mouth. “I forgot.” I chuckled.

I wanderd around. Dang. Dad knows how to get things done. The place was already furnished. I made my way upstairs. Leaning against the banister I counted the rooms. One, two, three, four, five.... jez how many rooms do we need.

“Counting?” Mom asked as she past me, immediately entering one of those five rooms. I decided to follow her.

I was taken aback by how nice the room was. My parents would get the biggest room. Psh. Jerks.

“Yes. What’s with the multiple rooms? You guys planning to adopt kids from every country, or you just wanna pop them out?” She stopped moving. Opps. But she didn’t scold me. She just started laughing.

“No. Though having another kid doesn’t sound so bad.” For some odd reason I thought about the process of baby making. I gagged. Why do I think of these things?

I shook the thought from my head, and I heard Mom grows silent.

“Yuri...” She spoke softly.  

All my focus went on her. For some reason when she said Yuri, there was a different meaning behind it.

“Yes?” She spun around and hugged me. I was confused. Then I heard her sniffle.

She’s crying.

“Mom...are you alright?” I tried to pull away to look at her, but she hugged me tighter.

Mom spoke again, revealing the thing I wanted to know.

“Y-Yuri...was my friend’s name. I met her when I lived here. Before you were born.”

The hug got loose and she let go of me.

“She was so kind to me when I came to this country. She helped me with everything...” We both sat down on the bed. I took her hand, squeezing it. Letting her know that it was okay.

“She was so excited when she found out I was having you.” A small smile appears on her face. I wipe her tears.

“When I couldn’t decided what your middle name should be, Yuri joked that I should give you her name.” Her laugh was weak, and she know longer was crying.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter