The Park

The Author

Ryu Joyeon decided to have a walk on the park, trying to remove all the memories with Jongin. Her heart was still aching after a break up with her five-year lover. An angelic smile plastered on her face as she saw the beautiful and breath-taking view in front of her eyes. ‘God’s creations are always beautiful.’

Clicking the camera button, she then smiled in satisfaction as she successfully took a few photos of the panorama; couples holding hands, beautiful trees and also the children playing in the playground. Sighing in relief, she took a stroll in the park, mesmerizing by the beauty.

Her smile faded away as she saw a figure, sitting on the bench. Lowering his head down, he kept kicking the ground in frustration.  His body was shivering. His hands closed into fists.

Joyeon wanted to approach him but she was scared. Slowly backing away a few meters away, she silently and secretly took a photo of him.

She decided to go to him and comfort him. Yes, she really loved to do that, comforting people and helped them. She didn’t care about the pros and cons or the karma. She might not get what she wanted. But she would see the cheerful faces of those she had helped. She was like an angel. As she was about to approach him, the guy stood up and walked away from the park. Joyeon pouted and stuffed her hands inside her pockets. She then walked away.

 

 

The sounds of printing machine printing the photos were the only sound that could be heard inside her room as her room was silence as the graveyard. Joyeon was busy pasting some photos that she had printed inside her scrapbook. Under those photos, she wrote everything that had happened, from the breaking up to the mysterious man in the park.

The final photo of herself backing a tall tower had been printed out. Joyeon turned off the machine and covered it with a cloth. She pasted her photo and smiled pleasingly. Her eyes were shining in delight.

“I’ve finally finished.” Joyeon grinned happily. Her eyes were glued on photo of the mysterious guy. Somehow, the guy seemed familiar. Her heartbeat became inconstant. She was sure that the guy was crying. She was sure that he shared the same bitter experience. She was sure that he had a bad living. ‘Life.’

 

 

Luhan pushed the door harshly, slamming the door after that. He rested his back against the wall and cried. Disbelief was written on his face.

‘I shouldn’t be born in this world.’ he screamed, that only could be heard inside his mind. His heart ached. He felt the world collapsing upon him.

“Die!” he croaked, his voice thick with emotion. The photo frames on the table fell down on the floor with just one swing of his arm. The glasses were broken into tiny little pieces. He was really disappointed with Yoonji.

A few moments later, Luhan received a call. The familiar caller ringtone echoed, asking for its master to pick up the phone. Luhan ignored the all the calls. His eyes were red. His cheeks flushed as the blood inside him started to boil.

Luhan took a decision to mute the phone but as he was about to do that, a message popped out on the screen. It read,

‘Let’s break up. Just hang with your stupid novel. I have a better man than you who cares about me and rich.’

He felt as if his heart had been ripped from his body.