Xi Luhan's

The Author

Luhan messed his hair for the nth time. He crumpled the paper and threw it randomly on the floor. Biting his lower lips, he tapped his pen on the table, trying to find an idea for his next chapter. Having a writer’s block was hard. I believe that every writer in this world really hate it.

Luhan threw his pen on the table, frustrated.

“I will never be an author if I haven’t finished this story.” he weakly walked towards his bed and threw himself on the bed. Glancing over at the digital clock, he sighed and yawned. The digital clock showed it was 3 in the morning. Luhan had drafted his chapter for over 4 hours.

“I should go to sleep.” Luhan then drifted to his dreamland. His chest paced up and down in rhythm.

 

 

“Oh No, I’m Late!” Luhan quickly took his towel and went to the bathroom. 8 minutes later, he walked out with towel around his waist. His blood ran cold. ‘I’m dead. I’m dead. I’m dead.’ he kept emphasizing the words inside his head.

The digital clock showed 11:16 in the morning. He had to go to the clinic for his monthly medical check-up at 11:30. 

He swiftly moved to the mirror, combing his hair neatly, spraying perfume on the body, and covering the dark circles with his BB cream. Satisfied with his appearance, he then went out from his room.

It took 20 minutes to go to the clinic by driving. Luhan slowly took a step inside the clinic.

“There you are. Good morning, Mr Luhan.” a nurse suddenly greeted him. Luhan nodded slowly and plastered his angelic smile that could melt thousands of women’s hearts.

“You’re a bit late today. The doctor is waiting for you.” understood, Luhan went to the room that he had been told.

“It seems you’re sleeping late lately.” Luhan didn’t answer. It was true anyway.

“I told you not to sleep really late, right?” the doctor continued. Luhan didn’t have another choice. He nodded in agreement.

“I’ve to finish my novel, doctor.”

“But your blood pressure reading is higher than before. You should control your eating too.” Luhan sighed. It seemed like that the doctor didn’t understand his situation now.

“I understand.”

Luhan decided to have a walk on the street for a while. The cold air penetrated to his bones. He rubbed his hands against each other.

His normally calm and pleasant demeanour slowly changed and his face contorted in an all-consuming anger;  his nostrils flaring, his eyes flashing and closing into slits, his mouth quivering and drooling, slurring words that were unintelligible came spewing into space. He stormed his way through the coffee shop, dismantling everything in his path. Slamming his palms down onto their table he asked, “What are you doing with him?”

All eyes were glued on them. This mess seemed making him steamed up. On the other hand, the girl was in a state of shock and was terrified because she knew that she was wrong and guilty.

“No more talks.” he said stomping out the door, thrashing it closed behind him. He looked straight ahead, red-faced, tight-lipped, his expression a mask of suppressed rage.

“I know I shouldn’t have given her chance.”