Right Direction 4

Right Direction
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Her morning started so bright, with a smile adorning her face and never leaving as she heads a floor down from the penthouse to her office. Jessica felt like her feet aren't touching the ground, happily bouncing every step. The morning never felt so refreshing and promising, the sun is extra brighter and everything just felt extra nice.

All staffs swore they have never seen their general manager -who has always been so cold as ice on a winter peak- smile too bright enough to match the sun's beam and they thank whatever miracle happened that caused the manager's bright mood. This could actually mean there'll be less scolding and fault finding from the work perfectionist Jessica Jung today.

After last night's event, Jessica can't help the hope that blossomed to grow a bit more. When they decided to call it a night, Jessica dropped Taeyeon by the hotel lobby and bid her good night reluctantly - like she never wanted the girl to ever leave her sight- before she drove down to the basement parking lot and took the elevator going to the topmost floor to her room. Recalling the events which transpired, Jessica ended up smiling until she falls into the most peaceful sleep she ever had.

No matter how short the time was, how uneventful the night was or how little the words exchanged between them, Jessica never felt the happiest.

Upon entering her office, she noticed the pile of papers she has to deal with but this time instead of a frown and a sigh, she still keep her smile. Jessica skip around, looking at every corner of her office, finding things out of place to clear, or anything that is out of place to organize. Finding none, she went over her table to turn her computer on and sorted the documents atop her office desk, separating those that can be left for tomorrow and the ones that needs immediate attention.

Thirty minutes to proof reading a contract of lease Jessica's office door creaked open, her secretary's head - Hyomin- popped between the small gap and the shock that registers on her face amused Jessica. It probably came as a surprise to her secretary too see her this early. Jessica is actually an hour early for office.

After composing herself Jessica called her secretary in who just stood rooted like a fool by the door. "Good morning Hyomin, anything you need from me or need to give me?"

Good heaven what miracle happened that Jessica greeted her secretary a good morning? This made Hyomin stare at her boss slash friend like a fool and as much as Jessica find it amusing but she got work to do to somehow keep herself busy for the mean time. "Don't just stand there if you have something for me." Jessica said as sternly as she possibly could, but the amusement cant be fully hidden, reflecting in her eyes.

Still, that did the trick. "Oh right, good morning Jess. I just came in to deliver some documents from Blanc&Eclare that Seohyun sent in yesterday, probably the monthly progress report." Hyomin placed the papers in Jessica's table then she turned to leave only to be stopped.

"Hyomin wait."

"Yes?"

"Can you please call the hotel's restaurant and ask them to deliver breakfast to our LA representative's room." Jessica then scribbled something on a piece of paper before folding it and handing to Hyomin. "And do include this note when they deliver the food. Tell them to not take too long she might be awake now."

Hyomin does not know what to think of her boss' weirdness early in the morning but nevertheless followed the instructions, leaving Jessica in a sea of paperwork.

-

Taeyeon had enough sleep, and a peaceful one at that so she doesn't mind the interruption of the doorbell. She covered herself with the robe before opening the door. And Taeyeon was greeted by a room service attendant behind a push cart that carries what she assume is breakfast.

"Good morning ma'am, I'm here to deliver breakfast."

This confuses Taeyeon since she just woke up and haven't called for any room service yet. "I'm sorry but I think you got the wrong room."

"Its breakfast ordered by the management for you ma'am."

"Oh, okay please do come in then." The attendant moved to prepare the breakfast in the coffee table before exiting the room.

After doing her morning routine,Taeyeon walked to the table and eyed the breakfast served. There was freshly squeezed orange juice, french toast, strawberry jam, bacon strips and scrambled eggs. Too much for her, she thinks. Beside the vase there was a folded note that Taeyeon opened which reads. "Enjoy your breakfast Ms. Kim, looking forward to meet you. - Gen. Mngr. J.J.,(J Hotels)"

Must be the CEO's daughter who manages this branch, Taeyeon thought. She might like this person for being hospitable and reminded herself to thank her later when meeting her.

Prior to her leave, she was informed about the branch manager being one of the owners' daughter, so if she is to accept the branch transfer here in Korea, she'll be working with the said girl. There's a need for an administrative assistant in this branch considering how the general manager is said to have her own personal business that is making big in the market outside managing the hotel. Taeyeon can only guess how heavy this woman's workload is, yet she managed to send her breakfast so she's fairly impre

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter