Right Direction 12

Right Direction
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Love's around the corner, just drive a little closer.

- - -

Taeyeon can hardly believe it, but the big sign they passed by just read "Welcome to San Francisco". It was a really long drive they had before finally reaching, and she's surprised how Jessica does know the right direction that not even one wrong turn was taken the entire ride to San Francisco. She's never been on a car ride travelling to other neighboring states and prefers the convenience of planes. Taeyeon is a homebody who only goes out for necessary matters to attend, and never explored America the entire five years of stay she has. It amazes her how Jessica knows the way when the woman has been based in Korea for a long time already.

And Taeyeon wonders though, why San Francisco? Why Jessica's hometown?

The car slowed down as they enter the city where Jessica drives them further until they reached Bay Area. Residential houses lined up left and right until they slowed down at one particular driveway and finally parked in front of a house further up the hill looking over the neighborhood. Jessica was first to get off the car before opening Taeyeon's side and beckoning her to get off too. Stretching their stiffened muscles Taeyeon roams her eyes taking in her surrounding, it's already dark and the whole city seem to sparkle with the night lights coming from buildings and street lamps keeps the city alive. It's quarter past ten when Taeyeon checked her watch, they drove for more or less 12 hours with stops in between for gas and food, probably the longest car ride she's ever been but definitely the most fun - she wouldn't admit it to Jessica of course.

They were able to chat like normal friends and no awkward moments to Taeyeon's surprise. They  played catching up with each other for the entire car  ride, enjoying the view while on the road, they share a meal and laughed at each other, and basked in the beauty of the sunset the changing of color how the sky of blue turned pinkish orange - purple even until it was blanketed black where stars twinkle so bright. Taeyeon didn't feel any fatigue on the road but she sure do now as a yawn escape . Jessica chuckles. proceeding to take the duffel bag she packed before locking the car.

"When did you pack your clothes? Hey, you could have told me we'll be here in San Francisco." Taeyeon whines following Jessica to the front door. "And whose house is this? We're not gate crashing, are we?"

Jessica laughs at the worrywart Taeyeon while she takes out the set of house keys and inserting the one for the front door with Taeyeon in tow. "Relax Taengoo, I packed for you earlier and this is my family's house old house, we lived here before moving back to Seoul for business. The house is well-kep

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter