Chapter 5

My Life With Six B2STLY Boys

Dongwoon's POV

 

"Seriously, where would I be without you?"

"I'm glad I met you too."

I stared at her, and she stared at me. I looked into her eyes, and they sparkled. I had always liked her eyes. They were warm, and had the color of some sort of mixture between light-brown and dark-brown. I don't know, perhaps you could call it the color of hazelnut. Suddenly, without me realizing it, my body leaned closer to her. closer...and closer...and closer...

 

 

 

 

 

 

RIIIINNNGGG!!!!

 

 

I straightened up so quickly that the bones in my back cracked. ouch.

 

The 'school-is-finished' bell has just rang. Aliya looked around, blinking. She hopped down from the bed, grabbed her bag, and swung it on her back.

"Well, come on." she said, opening the door. "What are you waiting for? let's go."

How could she talk that casually after what had happened?! Or rather, what would've happened if the bell didn't ring. She's talking as if nothing had happened and as if we were only having a nice little chat that we always have everyday. Still awkward and thinking about it, I answered "Huh? Oh, okay." and grabbed my bag. Aliya was waiting outside, swinging her bandaged arm.

 

As we walked outside, students were beginning to flood the corridor. We walked through them with some sort of difficulty, Aliya's right hand covering her bandaged one. Once we got through them, we headed for the gang's favorite place to hang out in this school.

I can't stop thinking about what had happened in the hospital wing. It had never happened before. I mean, sure we hugged, but we're bestfriends, and 'hugging' has happened often enough that it's common that we hug each other. Did we really were going to...

No.

I shook my head and threw the thought away. we're bestfriends, and bestfriends are supposed to stay as bestfriends.

 

Right?

 

I sighed and decided to forget about the matter for a while. Aliya and me walked along the corridor, moving out of the way whenever there were students running along. And at last, we went out and got to our school's park.

Our school actually has a huge park. It has many big and shady trees and the grass is green and thick. Some students usually sit under the trees, alone or with their friends, or maybe their boyfriend or girlfriend. Fortunately, people around here still has common sense and threw away their litter to the trashcans.

We headed for the oak tree that's located rather further to the right of the park, Yes, the oak tree is our favorite place to hang out. As Aliya and I walked there, I could see the other five sitting under the tree. As we got nearer, I could see that Yoseob, Gikwang and Hyunseung were chatting and leaning to the tree, Junhyung was laying on the ground, playing his lighter and Doojoon, being the smart boy he is, was reading a book about geography.

When we finally got there, all of them looked up and Doojoon stood up.

"We heard about what happened from Hyunseung," he said. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah I'm fine," Aliya said. "I got my hand bandaged." She showed them her bandaged hand, and Junhyung sat up.

"Oh I've had worse than that," he said. :I broke my arm and had a gips stuck around it for like..." he counted with his fingers. "Two weeks or something." He continued playing his lighter while his eyes were still fixed at Aliya's bandaged hand.

"Well then show a little bit of sympathy, or empathy, or...whatever it is!" Yoseob said, now standing up and examining Aliya's hand.

Junhyung smirked as Aliya sat between Hyunseung and Gikwang, and he laid back down. I know that as much as he looked like he didn't care about anything, he actually do. I know he cares about Aliya; we all do. I think he's just shy about admitting it. Probably he'll lose his popularity and the label 'bad- boy' that was stuck on him since he entered this high school.

Gikwang and Hyunseung looked at Aliya's hand. Doojoon and Yoseob sat back down, and Doojoon continued reading his book. Meanwhile, I dropped my bag in the ground and slumped to the ground. I laid my head on the tree and sighed, staring off into the sky.

"Yah, Dongwoon." Hyunseung said. "What's up? You seem somewhat....preoccupied."

"Yeah," Yoseob joined in. "What's wrong?"

"Nah, it's nothing. " I replied.

I looked past them to Aliya, who was showing her bandaged hand to Gikwang. Gikwang was holding it in his, the bandage softly while Aliya was looking at Gikwang with her head propped on her right hand.

"No, something's definitely wrong." Yoseob's voice brought me back to my senses. "Do you want to talk about it?" Hyunseung asked. "You'll feel better."

"I hesitated for a moment and said "Fine. But not now. not here." I leaned my head back to the tree. "I'll tell you later. and you have to promise me that you won't tell anybody else, okay?"

"Okey dokey!" Yoseob said, grinning.

"Sure thing." Hyunseung said.

I looked at Aliya again. She was still with gikwang, and they were chatting. A moment later they both started laughing, apparently because of a joke gikwang had told. When she stopped laughing, Aliya smiled at Gikwang, and there was something in the way she looked at him that...I dunno, something that disturbed me. She was looking at him with some sort of amusement and something else...but I just don't know what.

I sighed and continued my staring off.

The sky was quite cleasr, with only a hint of cloud here and there. The sun shone brightly, but not too bright so it's not hot.

Two butterflies came into view. They were the white little butterflies with little black dots on their wings, the kind of butterflies I used to found in my backyard. The two of them fluttered and spinned around, as if they were playing a game. I could almost hear them laughing in my ears.

Then along came a third butterfly. At first, it joined the first two butterflies, spinning and fluttering. But then, the second and the third butterfly flew away, leaving the first one alone. Sadly, it fluttered away, and I could have sworn I heard it cry.

 

 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hello~ Hello~

I'm sorry if this chapter is somewhat short -____-

Does anyone knows what the butterflies mean? ^^ stay tuned if you want to find out about it~

And what does dongwoon sees in the way Aliya looked at Gikwang? ^^

 

 

By the way, do you think I sort of exagerrated about the butterfly thingies? ._."

 

Comments and subscribers are VERY much appreciated! ^^