Peace over Sword

FORBBIDEN

 

 

 

Silence filled the room as Emperor Kris waited for the Empress Dowager to speak on why did she called him this instant.

 

 

 

 




Of course I already know about it.



Never in his entire life did her mother pushed him to be a perfect Emperor unlike his late farther. Her mother always supported him on the things that he do even in every decision he takes, she’s always there for him giving her own strength for his son.

 


Even in a small stature her mother has the beauty that any man can ever wanted small face white skin big eyes beautiful lips, so no wonder his father didn’t waste a second to marry her. But aside to that he knows what his mother is capable of.
 


When his father passed away some circumstances and problem occurred it took a time for him to become the Crowned Emperor so his mother ruled the entire empire because of for the mean time. That time he saw what her mother can change into from fragile wife to a fierce Empress. He witnessed how her mother sentenced the ministers to death who took advantage of his father’s death to get the thrown.



He still remembers how he peeked at the small gap behind the doors just to see what is actually happening that he didn’t even expect to see that he never wanted to see again. The ministers was beheaded in front of his mother, their blood was spilled in the entire hall as her mother swung a sword directed to their heads one by one. He still remember how those minister’s blood stained his mother’s face, that face he once he admired by its beauty. There’s no trace of mercy within her eyes. He still remember how her mother saw him and give him a reassuring smile that everything will gonna be alright.
 

 


On that day onwards he take note that never ever mess with her mother even once.
 



But even after witnessing that event the way he sees his mother never changed. He knows why she did that to protect him to protect both Luhan and him from all those people who wants the throne for those people who wants to destroy his family.


 


“How’s that country doing by now? Did they finally agree to be part of our Empire?” suddenly her mother asked him putting down her favorite cup of tea.

 


He doesn’t know what to answer, because all he know is he failed his mother.
 



“How long has it been, I really didn’t want any war with them but why are they aren’t cooperating with us. Being allied to us gives them more advantage than any other”

 


“They doesn’t like being involved in this kind of matter, for them leaving in peace is enough. Jumnyeon is that kind of person”

 


Her mother fell into silence when she heard the name. Kim Jumnyeon is the leader/King of the Gu Zhang country. He is known as a person who deals everything by negotiation not by swords.

 

 

 

He noticed how his mother stiffens from her seats like there is something bothering her whenever she hears that name. He just shrugged it off maybe his mother doesn’t want hearing the enemy’s name.

 

 


“This world is consists of people like them, but in the end of the day they will realize that they need to fight back or else they will lose everything that precious to them everything that they wanted to protect.” the Empress Dowager said after starring into her cup of tea.

 

 


“I know mother”

 

 

 


“Anyway, it’s not the main topic why I called you here for today” starring to him intently with a big smile in her face.
 




Here we go

 



“Are you not planning to get a wife your Empress?” his mother started


 

 


“I thought we already talked about that mother.’

 

 



“No, I couldn’t even remember when and you didn’t give any clear answer” the Empress Dowager protested


 

 

 



“The answer is no maybe not yet mother there are a lot of things that I have to do and marriage is in the end of my list” he protested back.


 



“Our country needs an Empress Kris, you can’t deny that having her existence make our people feel at ease.”

 

 

 

 

 

“I know mother, but still I don’t find anyone suitable for me. And I don’t like pairing with the minister’s daughters anyone of them I don’t trust them you know that mother.”


 

 



“Then go find the suitable one for you. I really don’t mind anyone as long as she will stole your eyes from the moment you laid your eyes on her”

 

 

 

“I’m picky” Emperor Kris suddenly reply




“Like father like son, that’s the only thing I hated you inherited from your father” she chuckled a little.

 

 

 

“At least he got you”




“Your father is good in picking his wife, you see it in me don’t you”

 




“Stress, too much stress”, he massage his temple
 

 

 



“You wouldn’t able to say those words if you finally found the person you willing to spend your life with Kris”, sincerity was traced on her mother’s voice while staring at him.

 

 

 



“I wish I could choose the right one”, he silently mumble to himself




______________________________________________________



“I have been searching for you”, General Park made his way to him



 


“Just feeling the air outside is much more better than in the inside” Junmyeon replied
 

 



They stand each other side by side in the top of a hill near the prefecture.


 

 


Kim Junmyeon he was known as a symbol of peace in all places. He never deal with a problem by sword but by words. He is considered the Leader even some of their people call him their King of their country.

 

He was just an ordinary man raised by an average family only son of the Kim household. They was originally residing in a small city near at Ki but when the war started his parents and a lot of people decided to move to another place to avoid the upcoming war.

 

 

 

 

In their journey in finding new place to leave in they met different people who also have the same perception about the war and they decided to build a small village to leave at peace. But because of the threats and repeatedly abuse act by the army of Ki they decided to train young men to be their protector. The good thing is some of the residence was a past generals and soldiers, and after long discussion lead by Junmyeon’s father they finally start to a day and day training of their sons and men to be a soldier.
 

 

 


The small village that was an unknown from the past was now a country filled with great soldiers and men who fights for them.

 

 

 

One day a small army of Ki decided to stop by them, just by a smooth movement of their soldiers they bring down the armies and they never had the chance to go back with their head on.

 

 

 

 

It triggers the Ki wanting to know on how Gu Zhang to build their own army. Time by time that the same situation happened between the two countries. Finally the Ki decided to send a negotiation inviting the Gu Zhang to be part of their Empire and brace the war with them.
 



Gu Zhang turned down the Ki’s offer believing that a war is not an answer to have a united continent but instead using a good governance will be.
 

 

 

 

And the long dispute between them started.
 

 

 

 

 

“I feel that there is something you wanted to tell me General Park?” Junmyeon started

 

 

 

 

 

“It’s about the last attack” lowering his gaze General Park continued, “There are made a lot damage compared the last time and its worrying us. The cause of living of our people had also damaged and because of it they started in scratch again we can’t continue being like this Junmyeon-ssi”

 



“I know I know”, Junmyeon finally faced him “No one wants this war, this damages and more of it the loss of their love ones. We have been protecting this little country for years but if we stop now the greater damage will be upon us.”

 

 

 

 

 

“Our contribution to support each family has been decreasing and our weapon supplied is not in good terms right now”, General Park suddenly replied, “How can we continue like this?”


 

 

 


“Is it making you weak General Park? That doesn’t seems to be you?” Junmyeon ask with a raised eyebrow

 

 

 

 

“Kyungsoo tells me the same you know”


 

 


Junmyeon laughed hard at the comment.


“Sometimes I do wonder if Kyungsoo is your personal secretary or what”


 

 



“Childhood friend is, but not a good friend actually” General Chanyeol said chuckling while he recalls how Kyungsoo face was dead serious that time.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“So, what did he told you?” Junmyeon asked curiously.


 

 

 



“Our weakness our weapons specially our sword, he suggested to have a bargain to another country and also to strengthen our tie with them”




“Ah King Minseok ha”


 

 

 


“Yes”
 

 

 

 

 

 

“Good choice but the thing is they’re not an easy country like us”


 

 

 


“I know that’s why we will bargain to them” the general looked determined


 

 

 

 


“And what could you bargain General?”
 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Alliance”