New Love

Tangled Redstrings of Fate

 

 

 

 

I stood in front of Starbucks on one of the busy streets of New York. I took a bite of my croissant and sipped from the cup of my mocha frappe. I took a glance at my watch. 8:20. I’ve been standing here for a good twenty minutes and yet my best friend’s nowhere to be seen.

 

I took a deep breath and pursed my lips. Ah, Lee Taemin early as always. 

 

I finished the last piece of my breakfast and threw it on a nearby trashcan. I sat on the bench next to it. I fished my phone from the pocket of my trench coat and read the message Kyungsoo sent.

 

I stared into nothing. I’ll be home soon. I’ll be able to see him. I’ll set everything right. Just you wait, Do Kyungsoo.

 

My elbow collided with the bench’s arm when a heavy hand slapped my shoulder and a loud “HEY!” erupted my ears. I held my elbow for dear life. Oh, that hurts!

 

“, Taemin! When will you say your greetings without giving me an injury?!” And the bastard just laughed his off. I just looked at him while caressing my poor elbow. When he finally composed himself, he sat up straight and wiped his tears of joy.

 

“You’re the same old Kim Jongin I know. Oh, my good ‘ol bestfriend!” He slapped my shoulders as he said that, muffled snorts coming out from his mouth. I looked around and people were giving him weird glances. I moved a little away from him. I don’t know him. I don’t know him.

 

“Ha.. ha.. ha. Okay. Okay. I’ll stop. I’m okay.” I looked at him with a disgusting face. Sometimes he really is just weird.

 

“You know, I was about to run away from you. You looked really weird laughing like that. I don’t even know what’s funny. Did you inhale laughing gas or you’re just plain weird.” He chuckled and stood up.

 

“I’m just happy. Come on, let’s go have some fun.” I stood up and followed him.

While walking he suddenly stopped and I almost collided with his body. “Dafudge Tae!”

He looked at me and his face was different from earlier. This time he’s giving me a face of a human, because he’s not human earlier okay, and took a bow.

“Good morning Mr. Kim Jongin. I am your personal tour guide for this trip. I am very happy to be at your service.”

 

“You’re embarrassing. Stop that. Hahahaha…” I laughed my off with what he said. He stood up straigt again and grinned. He walked beside me.

 

 “Hey, I just finished shooting a movie in Bern last week. You should visit that someday, oh we could go together! You must see its clock tower, the landscape’s amazing too! oh my god Jongin! Let’s go to Bern together!” He’s blabbering and I can see now that he’s having a hard time to breathe. Too much excitement oh mygosh Lee Taemin.

 

“Calm down Taeminnie! Wait, Bern… Bern… ah! In Switzerland?!”

 

“Yeah, Teuk hyung suggested the place and we were there for a couple of months. We should really go there Jonginnie, please… pretty please…”

 

 

“Okay, for today’s trip… What exactly do you have in mind?” I took a glance at him and he was wearing a warm smile.

 

“You’ll see. We’re almost there.” I eyed him as we walked through the crowded streets of New York.

 

I looked at our surroundings. It’s really different from Seoul. A morning walk on the streets of Seoul would be quiet and tranquil. But walking in New York had a different feeling. The noise was visible; from cars to buses, muffled voices of people chattering, stores opening.

 

Ugh. I sound like a homesick child.

 

“We’re here!” I rubbed my nose that bumped on Taemin's head. He seriously doesn't know how to tell people that he'll stop walking.

 

His index finger was pointing to something. I looked at it.

 

"A theater?" What are we going to watch here?

 

"Yup! Come on! Let's go inside." An evil smirk was plastered on his lips as we walked inside the theater. I rolled my eyes.

 

This better be good.

 

 

 

 

                                                                                                               free-vector-vector-border-fine-arts_0011

 

 

 

 

I sat on one corner of a certain pastry shop as I stare at bright morning sky. I looked at the happy families and couples in the park across from where the shop is. Seoul seems happy today, unlike me. I don't even know why I'm so gloomy.

 

Stop being dense. You miss him. My subconcious raised an eyebrow. No, I do not miss him. And who is even the him we're talking about here?

 

Oh, stop. You know who! My subconcious smirked. What? Voldemort? He just rolled his eyes at me. But if it’s really him, isn’t weird? Ugh!

 

"Kyungsoo, are you listening to me?" I snapped back to reality. I looked at the guy munching a muffin in front of me.

 

"Yes, I am."

 

"Oh really? What did I say?"

 

"Uhm. Your noona just got engaged?" I asked. He looked at me for a moment and laughed his Park Chanyeol laugh, with the clapping of hands and slapping of one knee. His face looked quite ugly. But I didn't help but smile. Happy virus.

 

"I was talking about Baek. He was kind of worried about me having a fever. And this morning he even went to get me medicine I mean he was--"

 

"Wait. You have a fever?"

 

"Well, yeah. But not much. It's just.." He babbled away as I extended my hand to feel his neck and his forehead.

 

"Park chanyeol, you're freaking hot!"

 

He chuckled. "I know, right." My face flushed as I realized what I just said. What the hell? I said that?

 

"That's not what I meant! I mean you're really hot! Literally. Why did you even meet up with me?" I glared at him.

 

"Well, I wanted to see my bestfriend." I smiled.

 

"You're getting cheesy. Come on, let's do this next time. You have fever. Go home and take care of yourself." I stood up and walked out. I waited for him outside.

 

"We have do this next time. Your mind's kind of preoccupied these days. Something wrong?" He stood by my side as we stand outside of the shop. I just shook my head. "I'm fine, nothing to worry about."

 

"Here, take this." He handed me a paper bag and winked. "Maybe your favorite pastry could freshen you up a bit." I peeked inside. Donuts. Oooh, my favorite!

 

A taxi stopped in front of us and I pushed him inside. "You know, you should at least take care of me." 

 

"Oh, whatever! Your gayness is really annoying. Just go home and rest, idiot." I pushed the door and he rolled the windows down.

 

"See yah, midget." He waved his two hands and flashed his pearly white teeth.

 

"Goodbye, giant!" I waved as the taxi drove away and disappeared somewhere in the middle of Seoul.

 

I sighed and started walking. But stopped when I realized something. I looked back at the car but of course it was no longer in sight. My brows furrowed.

 

I am not that affected by Park Chanyeol.

 

I was somehow stunned by my realization. I continued to walk home setting aside my weird thoughts.

 

 

 

 

                                                                                                                  free-vector-vector-border-fine-arts_0011

 

 

 

"Seriously, you made me watch that again?"

 

"What?! Isn't that what inspired you to dance? That's your dream wasn't it?"

 

I sighed. "Yeah. It was." He made me watch The nutcracker. Ever since I watched that play I wanted to dance. I was passionate on stage. But, my father wanted to me to take his place on the company.

 

"I feel guilty sometimes, you know." I took as sip on my wine as we sat on a high-class restaurant somewhere in New York. Taemin said he wanted to introduce me to someone.

 

"Why?"

 

"I am here in New York, famous and dancing my way to success. While there you are, working inside the former office of your father, bored to death." I just laughed.

 

"Well, sometimes dreams don't come true. That's life."

 

"Bitter?" He sighed. "You really love dancing. You're more passionate on stage than I am, I mean that. I wish you could be with me. We could be a duo. TaeKai, the world's greatest dancers." He made hand gestures while saying that.

 

I chuckled and he joined me. He stopped when a certain someone stood beside our table. He looked up and smiled. He stood up and kissed her cheek.

 

"Jagi! You're here!" What the--Jagi?

 

My brows furrowed and looked at them. Don't tell me she's--

 

"Jongin, this is Naeun. She's the one I wanted to introduce to you." I stood up and bowed. I took her extended hand and shook it.

 

"Hello." I smiled.

 

"Nice to finally meet the girl that captured my bestfriend's heart. Why didn't you tell me you have a girlfriend?" I looked at Taemin. We sat down and ate the order that was served.

 

"Actually, she's my fiance. I just proposed to her last night and I was going to ask you to be my best man." so that's why he was so happy this morning.

 

"The wedding is currently being planned. We're planning to get married in 3-4 months." Naeun explained.

 

"Woah, man! That's a lot to take in! I just visited New York for business and then you'll just pop out and tell me you're getting married!" I exclaimed.

 

He laughed and we started to fill me with details. They have been together for almost four years and he didn't even tell me. They wanted the wedding to be in Korea.

 

I looked at my bestfriend. He's happy. He can't seem to take his eyes off of her, his hands never left her waist. He found his lifetime partner. They're happy with each other. I sighed as I looked at them. They're in love.

 

How about me? When will I find my lifelong partner?

 

I was startled when my phone vibrated from my jeans pocket. I took it and opened the message.

 

From: Kyungsoo

 

I was just wondering. When will you be back? They said you'll be back after a month. Isn't that too long? Can you come back quickly? I'm getting kinda lonely. And sorry again.

 

 

I'll be your sun and your moon tonight
I can be whatever you like
I was alone but I'm ready to feel
I wanna show you my feelings are real, yeah

All this time I've been living it up
And every night I'd be falling in love
But I'm finally seeing the light
Falling in love with you every night
Yeah

 

 

Oh. Is this the answer to my question? I smiled at looked at the couple in front of me.

 

Coincidence maybe?

 

 

 

 


 

Chapter made by Katie

Song used in this Chapter is New Love by Maroon 5

Authornim got hots for Adam Levine. Huehuehuez. 

P.S. Just wanna inform you that I, rhian1006, is the one running this, so I'm the one whom you're talkling to. :) The other authors just gave their chapters on me. So if you have questions and if you wanna say something to the other authors, just state their name on your comments so I'll know to whom will I send your message. :) Thankyou!!!!