Call it magic

Tangled Redstrings of Fate

 

                                                                                                               free-vector-vector-border-fine-arts_0011

 

I’m in a place that I’m not familiar with. Tall trees surrounding me, and the sun lights peeking thought the spaces between the enormous trees. When I looked up, the sky looks so bright and boundless.. The wind gushing silently, the birds chirping endlessly. As I was standing, I heard someone singing. His angelic voice soothing my pain. The softness bounding my pained heart. I haven’t heard someone singing like this. I can’t decipher the words coming from him, what I can hear is humming, but even though it’s still gives me chills, in a good way. I turned around. Nothing. There’s no one here except me. I seek for his voice, but I found nothing. I feel light headed, I closed my eyes and saw white. All white. I feel candle like fingers caressing my features, then a warmth in my lips. I found him pressing his lips on me. But I can’t see is face, it’s too bright. Then when I opened my eyes again, he’s gone.

I opened my eyes and a white celling is what I see. Oh, it’s just a dream.

A familiar scent took my thoughts away. It's bacon. I sniffed my way to his kitchen where this scent was coming from and there I found Baekhyun on his white apron, he still has his bed hair, the sunlight made his face glow.

If I could just wake up to this every morning, all the tomorrows after this, forever.

"Pabo Park Chanyeol you can't stare at him, no stop!" I shook my head. Baekhyun’s kiss makes me crazy, in a good and in a not so good way.  This caught Baekhyun's attention.

 

But this is a rare opportinuty. Me and Baekhyun, without Taeyon. Me and Bakhyun in his house, wearing casual clothes, not in my office wearing suits. Me waiting for the food while he cooks, not me waiting for the papers he fixed for me. Might as well grasp the opportunity right? Because sadly, this may not happen in the future.

"What are you doing Mr.Park? You’re still sick, at this rate you might fall." He rushed to me not minding the egg he just dropped.

"I've already fallen." . What did I just say?

"Oh my god! I'm really sorry Mr. Park, I should have payed more attention." Baekhyun said pretty oblivious of what I just blurted out. I’m quite relieved that Baekhyun's clueless otherwise I’d be really embarrassed.


"It's okay, it's not your fault, and please stop calling me ‘Mr. Park’, it's not my office, it's your home."

"But..."

"You're not my secretary here and I'm fine, I swear I'm fine now. Please let me help you." I said with my brightest smile, and who could resist this cute giant? So of course, Baekhyun agreed.

Baekhyun had always been someone I can't have. I never thought I could be with him outside my office, but I’m here making breakfast together with him. We’re alone in his apartment. Here he belongs to me. Here he’s mine.

 

 

 

                                                                                                             free-vector-vector-border-fine-arts_0011

 

 


Chanyeol belongs to a world I’m unfamiliar of, he's unreachable, but he who I can't reach is here with me in my apartment, cooking with me. Here we’re equal. Here it’s just the two of us. Here I can be true to myself.
 

I’m absorbed in my thoughts, when I heard him screech. He stepped on the egg I dropped earlier. I can see the disgust in his face. I was about to apologize when he laughed his lungs out.

I just stood there with my mouth still half open. I watched how Chanyeol's hair bounces as he laughs at his own stupidity. Soon I found myself laughing too.

"Why are you laughing?" Chanyeol asked. I froze right then and there afraid that I might lose my job at any moment but to my surprise, he threw an egg at me and laughed again. Soon both of us were throwing eggs, flour, and even bacon.

We ran out of eggs to throw, we’re just standing next to each other, trying to catch our breaths. It was silent but I sure am enjoying this.

"What an unusual way to eat breakfast right Baekhyun?" He asked facing me.

"It sure is unusual but I liked it”

 

I was caught in his stare. We were like that until who knows when, trying to peek at each others’ soul. I can see my reflection on his eyes. I can hear his breath, slowly he draw himself closer to me without looking anywhere else but my eyes, until our bodies were touching. He caressed my cheeks. I can feel our heartbeats synchronizing.

 

“Baekhyun... I-

 

He was cut short when we heard the doorbell rang.

“It’s probably your sister, she called me earlier saying that she’ll fetch you.”

“Then, I should answer the door.”

“No Mr. Park I’ll do it.” I argued.

“I said stop calling me that.” He said as he opened the door that revealed a not so pleasant surprise.

 

 

 

 

“Taeyeon.”

 

 

 

                                                                                                       free-vector-vector-border-fine-arts_0011

 

 

 

This Taeyeon girl entered the apartment with her eyes scanning the mess we just made. The expression on her face is a mix of confusion, a bit of curiosity, and somehow, disgust. I can’t blame her though. Who wouldn’t be shocked entering an apartment with flour and eggs all over? She placed her box of doughnuts on Baekhyun’s coffee table and looked at me with questioning eyes.

“So, you are?” she asked, eyeing me from head to toe.

“I'm sorry that we have to meet like this but I'm Baekhyun's boss, Park Chanyeol.” I extended my hand like some mandatory ritual until I realized that I’m covered with flour and all, more like a life-sized dough. I quickly reached for a napkin and wiped my hands. I’m panicking; I’ve never been this embarrassed for crying out loud!

“It’s really rare seeing a head of an enormous company covered with flour.” She chuckled. “It’s nice to meet you.”

 

I guess she let that pass, she even offered to help us clean up but Baekyun reminded her of her choir rehearsal an hour from now. She stayed for a while though. I asked if I could shower and he agreed. Baekhyun offered me some clothes, white shirt which is obviously not his size and gray sweatpants to be exact. I entered his shower, It smells like Baekhyun here.

I removed my sweatshirt and tossed it on the floor, the same goes for my sweatpants. I’ll probably have them dry-cleaned later. I turned the shower and as droplets of cold water travel through my skin fragments of what we had this morning came across my mind.  Taeyeon came as if she’s reminding me that she still has Baekhyun tied with her. It seems like a joke how possibility lifts you up so that reality could slam you down really hard.  I can’t just forget the fact that Baekhyun’s going out with Taeyeon. She’s like a high fence I can’t overcome. She’s the lover, they’re mutual… I guess… and I don’t have a place. Even if Baekhyun likes me, he’s still with Taeyon, unless… he break up with her.  But no! I can’t let someone suffer in exchange of my happiness. Taeyon is loyal to Baekhyun, she loves him, I don’t wanna make her suffer, I don’t wat to be the third-party in their relationship.

The comprehension took several minutes in the shower, but cleaning my body took only for several minutes. I decided to get out from the shower because my skin is now wrinkly from the long time I spent in the water.

I did not bother to dry my hair and I guess I won’t wait for noona to fetch me; I’m no longer in high school unlike what my noona thinks. I bid farewell to both of them. Teayeon just smiled while Baekhyun stood up and escorted me outside.

 

I was about 12 feet away from his door when he called my name.

 

“Chanyeol!” I turned around and waved, he did the same. Chanyeol... he called me Chanyeol.

 

 

I walked to my car and the ignition. I drove through the city while my radio was on...

 

Call it magic
Call it true
Call it magic
When I'm with you
And I just got broken
Broken into two
Still I call it magic
When I'm next to you

 

I nod my head with the beat.

 

And I don't, and I don't and I don't, and I don't
No, I don't,
It's true
I don't, no, I don't, no, I don't, no, I don't want anybody else but you
I don't, no, I don't, no, I don't, no, I don't
No, I don't,
It's true
I don't, no, I don't, no, I don't, no, I don't want anybody else but you

 

“I don’t want anybody else but you…” I began to sing along with the radio.

 

 

Call it magic

Cut me into two

And with all your magic

I disappear from view

And I can't get over

Can't get over you

Still I call it magic

You're such a precious jewel

 

The sun sets. I don’t know if I’m happy with what happened or not to be because of who came. It’s funny how in a short time, your happiness can be pulled out by reality.

 

Well, we can’t do anything. I sighed, stepped on the gas harder and continued to drive to my pent house.

 

 

 

                                                                                                   free-vector-vector-border-fine-arts_0011

 

 

 

 

9: 47 am FLIGHT NO. OZ 222 Asiana Airlines Incheon to New York.

The plane’s about to take off, I’ll arrive there in approximately 17 hours. I hate to leave like this but I have to, this is an important break for my career, also I need more time to think.

 I called Katie before checking in. She said that Kyungsoo’s still not going to the cafe. I wonder what his reaction was. My emotions took over me that day, I bet he’s mad. But at least he promised to go there tomorrow. That should be a progress.

 

It’s funny how distance doesn’t seem to matter anymore. I may travel here and there but my heart never goes far from you. You’re turning me into a cheesy man Kyungsoo, this is so not like me.

 

I’ll be gone for a bit but I’ll return with answers.

 

 


 

This Chapter is made by Thehun_kibum

Song used in this chapter is Magic by Coldplay

It's what Chanyeol sang on his instagram post right? Did he sing or he just listened to it? Hahahaha, I don't know. 

Well, I'm sorry I didn't update sooner. You know, the hardest part of releasing a new chapter is finding a song. A song that can fit to the characters feelings. I always put song because it serves as somewhat background music. If in real life, there's a background music, teh feels will be more intensed right? Hahahaha. So yeah, comment and subscribe and ofc upvote guys! Thankyou... I'll update when the other author made the next chapter. :)