Begin Again

Tangled Redstrings of Fate

 

 

Two years have passed, and we’re still together. I couldn’t even imagine myself with Chanyeol back in the days were we’re all still untangling our looped feelings towards one another. We’ve gone through ups and downs. And speaking of downs, Chanyeol became aloof to me these past few months. As if he’s hiding something from me. He constantly receives phone calls from who knows who, and he answers it even if we’re in the middle of talking, dinner and dates. At first I shook it away thinking that he’s just busy with the company because of the expansion, but it becomes frequent. Sometimes I just want to ask him straightly who is he talking to and if it’s more important than his time with me, or simply me. And his smile after the call adds more to the fire. Another is sometimes he cancels our date just for these “important meeting”. I know these “important meetings” aren’t connected with the company because, hello, I’m his secretary and I ‘m the one who makes meetings for him.

This has been happening for months and my patience and understanding is near to its limit. But whenever he touches me with those comforting caress of his, or calls me names, kiss me, I still can see those glimmer in his eyes, I still can feel him conveying his feelings towards me.

I’ve been halted from my trance when my phone vibrated beside my cup of coffee. I looked at it and a familiar caller i.d showed up my screen.

 

Park Chanyeol

 

“Speaking of.”

 

“Hello.”

 

“Good morning sunshine.” There. That’s what I talking about. Now I’m in a puddle of goo. I sighed.

 

“Good morning to you too.”

 

“What’s with the sigh? Are you feeling okay?” He asked. I can imagine him frowning while asking, I can actually feel him worrying. If you just know what’s bothering me.

 

“No, I guess I just didn’t sleep well.” I lied.

 

“Really? That’s bad, it’s a great day and you’re gloomy. Don’t worry! I’ll make your day complete. Don’t forget our date okay? Later at the Garden Park okay? I really prepared for this. I hope you’ll like it.” He said. What’s with this guy? He’s extra happy and active today.

 

“Yes I will.”

 

“Don’t be late baby. I love you.”

 

“Yes, I won’t. I love you too.” Then our call ended.

 

Well I think I should ask him later on our date. I need to clear these uneasy thoughts of mine. I know that if I continue paying attention to these, it’s not only me who’ll be ruined, but also Chanyeol and our relationship.

 

 

                                                                                         free-vector-vector-border-fine-arts_0011

 

 

I cleaned a little in my apartment just to kill time. Then when the sun started to hide behind the clouds, I ran to the bathroom and began to fix myself. I took a bath and relaxed at the hot water for several minutes and choose my clothes. I decided to go with a simple white shirt and black skin tight jeans and a pair of black kicks. I blew my hair and styled it. I went to my drawer and picked my new eyeliner.

 

“And the last touch.” I said, and proceed to putting eyeliner around my eyes, just enough to emphasize my small droopy eyes.

 

I went out of my room and picked up my keys from the fish bowl placed in the antique coffee table beside my sofa. I checked the lights and the electric outlets before heading to the park to meet Chanyeol. I grab my coat hanging behind the door and draped it over my body, heading outside.

While I’m walking at the pavement, I then realized that it felt cold when the wind touched the exposed expanse of skin in my body. I had goosebumps and a little shiver. I looked at the sky and it’s almost grey. The beautiful sun that gives the usual warmth that I am now missing is starting to hide behind the gloomy looking clouds. I felt something odd seeping through my skin. It’s an uncomfortable coldness. My chest tightens and my eyes started to sting. I ignored the sudden feeling and closed my eyes and started to resume my walk. It looks like it’s gonna rain. I gripped my coat and hugged myself to gain warmth.

 

When I was near the park, my phone started to ring. Expecting Chanyeol, I was surprised to see a caller I.D that is not that appearing on my screen for some time. I answered the call and the news I heard was very unexpected. I was stunned with that I heard and when the woman behind the other line ended the call, I ran and took a taxi. Nothing came to my mind, nothing but to go to the hospital.

When I entered the taxi, I told the driver where to go to and my hands are shivering. Attempting to stop the abnormal movements of my hand, I fiddled with my fingers. I’m starting to panic, breathing became a hard thing to me, as if I haven’t doing it for my whole 25 years living in this world. My emotions were slurring in my body. I don’t know if I’m worried, sad, shocked, or all of the above. I buried my face on my hands and took a deep breath. The news haven’t left my mind, and I think it won’t until I arrive at the hospital and see her with myself.

 

“Is this Mr. Byun? This is Ms.Taeyeon’s phone and she’s inside the surgery room now. We hope you can come here to serve as her guardian. You’re in her number 2 speed dial. Please come to Seoul St. Mary’s Hospital to discuss further the case of Ms. Taeyeon…”

 

 

 

                                                                                  free-vector-vector-border-fine-arts_0011

 

 

 

When I arrived at the hospital, I went to the nurse’s counter and asked for her. Then I knew that she suffered from loss of blood and a fracture on her hip bone because of a car accident. I waited outside of the emergency room and I was oblivious that slept went on me as I waited. I felt a tap on my shoulders and when I opened my eyes, a man with a blue scrub suit was in front of me, face mask off and smiling. Assuming it was the doctor, I immediately stood up and asked for her condition.

 

“Are you the guardian?”

 

“A-ah yes. Yes, I am.”

 

“I see. Well, she lost a lot of blood, and her fractured bones will heal for several months. The surgery went well and she’s now on her room. Feel free to check on her.” He gave me a warmth smile as he squeezed my shoulders as I saying to go to her.

 

After giving thanks to the doctor, I asked for her room in the nurse’s station and immediately went in. I saw her lying in the bed with bandage on her head, looking weak pale and fragile. I sat on the chair beside her bed and took her hands on mine.

 

“What happened to you?” I asked. Expecting hearing no reply, but it still feels weird seeing her like this. My eyes began to sting and I didn’t know I was crying when I felt something wet on my cheeks. Her hands were cold, and also mine. It felt comfortable as if both our bodies eliciting coldness, together with the air-conditioning. I brushed the back of my palms on my cheeks to remove the tears. My head is spinning and when I calmed down, I saw her phone lying on the table beside her with her other things. I took it and it hit me that I should call his boyfriend. It should be him, holding her hand, looking for her, not me.

I went to the speed dial and after one ring, he answered. I told him about Taeyeon, and he sound very worried. I can almost hear him crying behind the phone because of his wavering voice. He said that he’s now on the way to the hospital. I waited for several minutes and I heard the door opened eliciting a loud sound as it collided with the wall. He’s here. Siwon is here. He’s wearing a black suit and his hair perfectly styled. I remembered Taeyeon said his boyfriend being an only son of a governor, and now he looks like he’s from some political meeting based on his clothing. He immediately went beside her and grabbed her and with his. I heard him saying “sorry’s” to her and explaining something so I felt out of place and decided to went out as I thought that this should be their lone time and it’s not proper for me to interfere with them and to listen with their private lives.

When I was in the hallway of the hospital, I took a deep breath calming myself with the sudden rushed emotions I felt just these past few hours. I heard a crack on my neck as I bended it side to side. My back hurting with all the waiting outside the surgery room. My body is now taking its toll from this unexpected happening. As I walked heading outside, I remembered something. Something that is very important that it should’ve been ignored and be forgotten, but I did. My eyes widen in such realization and started to fish my phone form the pocket of my coat.

 

54 missed calls and 72 messages

 

All from the same person. Chanyeol.

 

I read the last message.

 

Come to the park, I’ll wait for you.” And it I received it at 10:15pm.

 

I looked at the time and it’s now 10:47 pm and our meeting time is at 6:30 in the afternoon. I’m more than four hours late.

 

I panicked and ran outside and took a cab heading to the park. The rain was very strong irritating the out of me with the sound of rain drops colliding with the car windows. I’m trying to call Chanyeol several times but it all go to voicemail. I continued to try as I’m on the way to the destination.

 

“Come on Chanyeol… A-answer your damn phone!”

 

My voice started to get high as I felt the familiar lump on my throat. I can now feel something cold streaming down my cheeks. I started not to care if I look messed up with the driver’s vision because I badly needed to check on Chanyeol. Something’s bothering me that I messed up hard today. My breathing was erratic from all the crying.

 

“Please, please. Ch-chanyeol, pick it up!” Then I bursted into tears. The trip felt longer with me wanting to get there faster. When I arrived at the park, the rain stopped and I thanked the driver as gave him my fare. I gripped on my phone and ran inside the park.

I don’t see anyone and the ground became muddy under the green grass because of the heavy rain. I searched for him at the park. And when my vision captured a light at the part of the park where it is very secluded and it is where the garden is placed, I stared at it and I slowly walked towards the garden. I saw a lot of lights hanging at the pathway and petals of white and red roses scattered along a red long carpet all soaked with rain water.  My heart clenched with what I am seeing as I walked through the wet carpet. The hanging flowers are swinging colliding with the hanging lights clanging. I can’t think of anything with what I’ve witnessed. At the end of the pathway, there he is. Sitting at the pavement, wearing black suit, his hair clinging at on his forehead because with what I see, he’s drenched with water. I stopped at my tracks because my knees weaken seeing him like that.

 

 

Who are we?
Just a speck of dust within the galaxy?
Woe is me
If we're not careful turns into reality

 

 

His face is buried on his knees as I stare at him. I suddenly can’t find my breath. My heartbeat became abnormal, it’s too fast. The tears continuously streaming down my face. What have I done to him? I asked myself. As I’m trying to stop my tears, I placed my hands on my mouth and it resulted me eliciting a whimper. It caught his attention and he slowly lift up his head, now looking at me.

I nearly dropped my phone and myself as I looked up his face. If I thought I looked like a messed up person well, what will I call Chanyeol? I can’t look straight at him because his face is wet with the rain.

I carefully walked to him and crouched down to his level. My trembling hands went to his cheeks. He leaned at my touch and I closed my eyes and a new set of tear escaped from my eyes. He looked at me and he gave me that goofy smile of his. The CEO of Park Industries, looking like a drenched idiot who’s in suit and carrying a stupid smile is on my front. And with the usual reaction of mine that is butterflies in my stomach and skipping heartbeats was now changed into clenching of my heart and continuous crying.

 

 

But don't you dare let our best memories bring you sorrow
Yesterday I saw a lion kiss a deer
Turn the page, maybe we'll find a brand new ending
Where we're dancing in our tears

 

 

“Why did y-you wait? Y-you’re wet.”

 

“I waited for you. I know you’d come.” He said.

 

I took his hands on mine to help him stand up, and now I’m looking up at him, literally.

 

He again, game me that blinding smile of his

 

“Why are you late?”

 

 

And God, tell us the reason youth is wasted on the young
It's hunting season and the lambs are on the run
We're searching for meaning
But are we all lost stars trying to light up the dark?

 

 

“I came from the hospital?”

 

“H-hospital?! Why?! Are you okay?” He asked while he checked on me if I have any injuries. Why is he asking me now? He’s the one who’s drenched in rain and he’s still worried about me.

 

“I-it’s not me.” He looked at me with those questioning eyes.

 

“T-taeyeon. Car accident. I’m sorry I was late. She’s in the hospital and they called me saying she’s in the surgery room. I’m sorry. I didn’t know what I will do so I went immediately to her and then I waited for her results and I forgot you. I called his boy-“

 

“Y-you forgot me?”

 

 

and I thought I saw you out there crying
and I thought I heard you call my name

 

 

 

I was halted with my rant with his deep voice. Deep voice that I’m not certain with. It gave me shiver and it makes me small. His smile faded and was replaced with a frown and it frightened me. His eyes were dark, and this is the first time I saw him like this. It scares me.

 

“C-chanyeol, you don’t m-make..” My voice faltered because I was crying and I was frightened.

 

“You.. forgot me?” He said sternly.

 

I looked down and buried my face in my hands. A new set of tears came. “I-I’m sorry. I-I’m very v-very sorry.”

 

I can feel his stare at me and I heard him eliciting a chuckle.

 

“You forgot me. How lovely.”

 

 

and I thought I heard you out there crying
But just the same

 

 

I looked at him and I can’t read his face. I tried to touch him but he flinched.

 

“You forgot me Baekhyun. Am I not that important? Baekhyun!” I flinched when he raised his voice.

 

“I can understand if you had to go to hospital, but you forgot me. You forgot me while I was here, waiting for you. I waited for you even though it’s raining so hard because I’m worried that if you come here there’s no one. You don’t answer my calls and texts. I was ing worried at you, and all those times, I didn’t know, you forgot me and you’re worrying s-someone e-else...” I tried to say something but when I saw him crying I can’t say a word.

 

 

And God, give us the reason youth is wasted on the young
It's hunting season and this lamb is on the run
searching for meaning
But are we all lost stars trying to light up the dark?

 

 

“B-baek, am I not that important to you now? You can text me, just to say you can’t arrive on time. Baek, I looked like a fool here waiting for someone who I can’t even contact. Someone who I am worried with, someone whom I love, someone who I will never forget, but I didn’t know that this someone is currently running to his ex and forgot about me. Haha... Silly me.”

 

“Chany-yeol…” He started to walk away and I tried to grab his arm.

 

“No. Baek, we’ve been together for two years. And you know? Today I’m planning to propose to you, but I guess this might help me save from being broken.”  I was shocked with what he said. He will propose? Everything was too much. What’s happening right now is not sinking in my head. I can’t talk. I was left dumbfounded. He faced me. “Can I ask you something?”

 

I simply looked at him, looking terrified with what he’s gonna ask.

 

“Do you really love me?” He asked.

 

 

And I thought I saw you out there crying
And I thought I heard you call my name
And I thought I heard you out there crying

 

 

I was caught off guard with his question. I didn’t realize that my grip on his arm loosened. I stared at him.

 

“In your hesitation, I think I found my answer.” And he left.

 

He left. All I can see is him walking away from me. My vision became blurry and I closed my eyes, to run to him and see him clearly, but instead, when I opened my eyes, he’s gone. I fell down and the ground caught me. 

 


But are we all lost stars trying to light up the dark?
Are we all lost stars trying to light up the dark?

 

 

 

                                                                                     free-vector-vector-border-fine-arts_0011

 

 

 

After that incident, I locked up myself. No work, no hang outs, no friends. I shut down myself from others. I need some thinking, but before that, I need to fix myself first. There are broken pieces inside me that when I try to move on, it cuts me deeper. For three weeks, I cried myself to sleep, I couldn’t eat, I cannot go out. I just lay on my bed all day thinking how much I messed up my life.

There are many questions in my head, but the only question I want to answer but I can’t find myself to answer is what Chanyeol asked me. Do you love me? It keeps on replaying in my head. We’ve been together for years but why can’t I answer that?

For three weeks, I always think of that.

On the first day of the third week, I was surprised to hear my doorbell. I didn’t flinch because I don’t feel my body anymore. But the constant ringing makes my head pound even more so I slurred through the door and I can hear someone shouting.

 

“Open the door while I’m asking nicely!!!”

 

The voice halted me to open the door faster or else I’ll be crawling down to hell so I rushed through the door and the persons behind the door surprised me.

 

Kyungsoo and Luhan standing beside each other holding plastic bags, which I guess from the supermarket nearby.

 

“W-What…” I asked them looking like an idiot. Because you can’t find the word “decent” on my whole human body right now.

 

“U-uhm, Kyungsoo here, thought we might lighten up your day and ma-“ Luhan was interrupted by Kyungsoo who was looking at me straight on the eyes.

 

“Were here to fix some loose screws in your head and to stitch those cuts in your heart, so open the goddamn widely so we can enter okay?” Kyungsoo said. Who would try to go against him being like this? WHO? So I step aside and open my door widely for them to enter.

They went straight to my kitchen and dropped the plastic bags at the counter.

“Well, it’s not only you is a mess, also our house. Tsk tsk. Well, I think we got some cleaning to do.” Kyungsoo said.

 

Kyungsoo started washing the dished that piled for weeks on the sink and Luhan is cleaning the refrigerator disposing the spoiled foods. I felt bad with just standing there and watch my visitors cleaning my house, so I decided to help them by cleaning the kitchen counter and put the trash outside. While cleaning the counters, I had an eye contact with Kyungsoo and his gaze is different from what I saw earlier. Now, it’s softer, gentler, with love. I almost teared up with his gaze on me because now, I know it’s not only me, I’m not alone, I have someone. Kyungsoo, and Luhan.

When we finished cleaning, Kyungsoo made beverages for us and we settled in the livingroom. We sat on the couch, I sitting between them. We had silence, silence which is surprisingly comfortable thinking how they just barged in my house and we’re not all that super close.

Kyungsoo cleared his throat that killed the silence. “So, we heard what happened…”

Maybe they saw how I looked down and felt awkward so he explained thoroughly.

 

“We saw Chanyeol extra gloomy these past few weeks and knowing that he’ll propose to you, we asked, but he won’t answer. I’m his bestfriend and he won’t tell me, he’s really an idiot! Aish.” I slightle smiled how Kyungsoo looked. His face scrunched up and he has a tiny frown adorning his forehead.

 

“So going back, knowing that Kai, Chanyeol and Sehun is close with one another, I decided to ask them, and bam! I knew what happened.”

 

I just looked at him and then to Luhan, somehow asking why is he with him.

 

“He’s with me today because, it might not show but he’s gone throught everything when it comes to relationship trust me.” Kyungsoo said while Luhan sends me some comforting smile.

 

“So how do you feel now?” Asked Luhan.

 

“How do I look like now?” I asked them.

 

“.” They both said at the same time.

 

I don’t know what happened but that made us laugh and lightened up the mood. We continued to talk until we went to the serious topic.

 

“You can’t say you love him?” Asked Luhan.

 

“What a pitty. Tsk.” Said Kyungsoo. His voice dead serious. “You’ve been together for more than two years and you can’t even answer his question. So all the I love you’s you gave him in the past are just empty words? He gave you all. He’s been inlove with you all this time.”

“I-I know…” I said, my face grimacing because who wouldn’t feel guilty with what he said.

 

“He’s even preparing his proposal for you for how many months! Baek he’s dead busy with the company, you know that. But he still gives time for his plan on proposing to you. Baekhyun, I you could only see his smile when the ring came to him because he ordered it from Italy, customized by Tao, his smile can even light a dark world. We’ve known for many years, longer that yours and it’s new to me how his happiness ooze out from him whenever he’s with you, and even thinking of you. The hell I even gave him to you even if I, for the longest years, is in love to him Baek. I gave him to you, I let you have him and now this? Baekhyun, don’t put someone important to me into trash.”

 

I felt Kyungsoo’s sincere rant. And I was surprised with what he said. So he’s been in love wih Chanyeol in the past?. I felt sorry, I felt disgusting. Oh what have I done? I buried my face on my hands, preventing the tears to escape. I know that it’s all my fault, I already know, but with all of these revelations adding up to my thoughts… I can feel my head spinning.

 

“I-I know, I know K-kyungsoo.” I sniffled fighting the tears.

 

“I know how ed up I am. I know how I messed up everything and can’t you see how am I suffering? I can’t forget ho Chanyeol looked that night. I look wrecked that night but the heck! What should I call him?” My voice started to falter as I look straight to Kyungsoo’s eyes and hold his hands.

 

“Kyungsoo, he’s a mess. The Chanyeol who’s been always neat, clean, sophisticated with his looks became a mess because of me. I ruined him. He gave his everything to me, he gave and gave and gave while I receive and receive, not knowing that he’s starting to get empty himself. I’m a selfish bastard. I don’t deserve him. I-I don’t deserve h-him K-kyungsoo I do-“ I can’t even finish my sentence because of the choked sob I let out. I cried into Kyungsoo’s lap, I emptied my eyes but it seems that there’s a factory of tears running inside that my tears won’t stop. All I can see, all that’s in my head is Chanyeol. I felt sorry to him. Kyungsoo just caressed my head lulling me to stop my tears.

 

“So Do you love him?” Kyungsoo asked. While lifting my head from his lap

 

“I-I…” I was trying to answer Kyungsoo’s question but Luhan cut me.

 

“When you love someone I don’t think you realize it until it’s too late. When you’re crying in a Sunday afternoon, with a pounding headache, you’ll realize it. You were never quite sure if you love him, truly love him, but now you know. You’d know that he was the one and that you’d lost him, maybe forever. But if that love was true; it would be alright. He’d come back, they always do.”

 

I remember when I went down on the kitchen to drink water, then I saw the pile of used dishes on the sink. I’m not functioning for three weeks so my place looks like a pigsty. When I entered the kitchen, I remembered him. I can see us laughing, throwing eggs and flour at each other, then he stared at me. I looked at him and his eyes were so beautiful and I can feel myself drowning. He cupped my cheek and kissed me. How I wish it’s true.

I turned back and saw the sofa, I remember him again. He’s sleeping body in the sofa is sprawled and here I am watching him sleep.

Wherever I look, whatever I hear, and even if I close my eyes, he’s all that I can see. Is this what love can do?

 

“Can you imagine Chanyeol haw would he be, how would he feel if you, who pained him is like that, how about him. If your bawling in front of us right now, venting your feelings out, how about him. He won’t talk Baekhyun. He won’t let out his thoughts. After telling Kai and Sehun what happened, he didn’t talk anymore. He just went to work, go to his house, sleep, eat a little and the work again. He’s like a walking robot, walking object without feelings. Well, he actually has feeling but… he’s bottling it up.” Luhan explained. I was stricken by what he said.

 

I propped my elbows on the sofa and looked at them.. “H-how many times do y-you plan t-to make me g-guilty?” I asked, my voice a little strained because of all the crying.

 

“Until you realized what to do.” Kyungsoo said.

 

“Wh-what to do?”

 

“So you’ll just continue to brood after we knock your head into reality?”

 

“B-but, what if, what if he won’t listen to me?”

 

“Oh Baekhyun, relationships aren’t always rainbows and sparkles. There will always be a dark moment, a dark moment where both of you will find light. Think, how can you appreciate the beauty and importance of light if it’s always there? And those dark moments should strengthen your relationship not to ruin both of you. It’s a test if you’re really ready for the relationship, if you can step to the next stage or continue your relationship. Proven and tested. Sometimes two people needs to fall apart to realize how much they need to fall back together.” With Luhan’s words, I can really tell he’d gone through things.

 

“So what will our Bakhyunnie gonna do?” Kyungsoo cooed.

 

“I-I’ll go to him, and talk..”

 

“Very good!” Both of them said in unison.

 

“But first!” Luhan shouted and it got Kyungsoo and I’s attention.

 

“You need to… take a bath I guess? Haha… “ Luhan said while scratching his nape. We laughed again and I looked at them. “Thank you.” I smiled even though there are still tears in my eyes and my cheeks wet from all the crying.

 

 

                                                                                              free-vector-vector-border-fine-arts_0011

 

 

 

After taking a bath and dressing up, I closed my house and got a taxi telling the taxi driver Chanyeo’s address. I let my body go limp to the taxi’s passenger seat while looking at the streets. I wish the talk will be clear as the sky today.

I arrived to his flat and the sky was now dark, adorned with bright little stars.

So, I want to make things clear. I want this suffering to end. Missing him comes in waves, and tonight I’m drowning. I want him to hug me, his warmth. All I can remember is those eyes that is so dark and stern, I want the image of him, be back to me. The Chanyeol who looks at me with adoration, with love. So now I’m gonna do it.

When I am at the front of his door, my hands are trembling, unable to press the doorbell. I felt like my time was very limited so I throw away my second thoughts and pressed the doorbell. He took several minutes before he opened the door. And when I saw what’s behind the door, then again, a messed up Chanyeol is my weakness. Just seeing his face made me cry.

 

Straightening myself I asked.

 

“C-can we talk?”

 

He just stared and me. I’m afraid he won’t let me in but I saw him moving aside making room for me to go in. I found this as him inviting me inside so I went inside. I heard him closed the door and followed me in the living room. Unlike mine, his place was all clean.

He went to the kitchen to prepare drinks but I can’t wait anymore and went in his kitchen.

 

“Chanyeol…” I called him.

 

He didn’t stop preparing drinks and didn’t even spare me a glance.

 

I had no choice but to go near him, so I carefully walk towards him and touched his arm. He stopped moving and I can feel him stiffened. I slid my hands from his forearm to his hands. Holding his hands, I intertwined our finger. I squeezed his hand but he didn’t. I felt a pang on my chest. I am used to be the one who reciprocate not the one who gives. I ignored the tears streaming down my face and focused on the purpose why I came here.

 

“I want to say s-sorry, and please… P-please.” I clenched my grip in his hands. “C-come back to me.” I said not looking at him. I can’t say this things while staring at his face, I’ll just break down, so I settled on staring at the floor.

 

Silence wrapped us for several minutes but I flinched when he talked.

 

“I’m tired of tearing myself apart to keep you whole.” He said. His voice is so cold, it gives me chills in a not so good way. And with those words, my hope was crushed into millions of pieces. It hurts like those pieces is constantly being seeped by my body, breaking my skin. It stings.

I pushed myself to say anything. “I-I’m so-sorry” I whispered. Stutter caused by my weak sobbing. I clutched the hem of his shirt, while he still face his back on me.

I know I needed to explain myself. I know I did wrong. For every time I see his face all gloomy, and soulless, I can feel guilt eating up my whole body. He gave me everything, from material things to emotional needs, he loved me despite of me being broken, being used. He healed me, he fixed me, and he completed me. And here I am, the person he fixed, now facing him, the one who fixed me, being broken because of me.

 I took a deep breath and calmed my wavering voice. “I’m sorry for not texting you, I’m sorry for not telling I’m gonna be late, I’m sorry I went to her, I’m sorry for shouting at you. I-I’am r-really sorry.”

I felt my grip loosening as his shirt went away. I heard his steps away from me. Now I can feel my knees getting wobbly, hands sweating, and my body stiffens. I looked down on the cold tiled floor. I can’t watch him walking away from me.

My vision starts to blur, my head feels lighter. I took a step and I failed. I lost balance and tried to grip the nearest thing to me. My arm swung and collided with a glass.

 I closed my eyes, waiting for the impact between me and the floor to induce pain in my body… but nothing came. Instead, I felt a strong grip on my waist, heard an erratic breathing and fast heartbeat, and felt a liquid dripping on my neck.

 

“S-stupid. You’re so stupid. S-so careless, nearly h-hurting yourself.”

 

Ahh, that voice. That deep comforting voice. Hearing his voice just made me weaker. I clutched his shirt until my knuckles turns white to support myself. I just cried while he held me. There’s so many things running in my head, just by the thought of him coming back to me, him getting worried of my being. It’s too overwhelming.

 

“Can you p-please take care of y-yourself?” He said.

 

“Why w-would I if I know y-you’ll there to take c-care of me.” I whispered on his chest.

 

I stood up straight still clutching his shirt and his hands still resting on my waist.

 

“Why are you confident that I’ll come back to you?”

 

“Because you already did.” I looked at him and said the words both of us waiting for. “I love you.”

 

The smile he gave me was worth it. This is the Chanyeol I loved. Only with his smile, he can make me fall in love with him.

 

“I love you Chanyeol, so much.” I repeated.

 

“C-can you repeat it again?_

“I love you.”

 

He buried his face on my neck, peppering it with kisses while crying.

 

“A-again..”

 

“I love you, I love y, I love you… only you.” I grabbed his face with my hands and rub my thumb on his tear stained cheeks. I closed the distance between us and my lips meeting with his was euphoric. Ouur kiss was short and gentle.

 

“I love you too.” He said.

 

He stared at me looking at my eyes, then my lips. Getting what he’s implying, I kissed him again. Our kiss was slow, sweet, and full of feelings. I kissed him, trying to say I love you once again. Now I want him to shower with my love. I want him to feel loved.

 

That night we lied on his bed, our limbs tangled. His lips never leaves mine. We cuddled and had small talks until we fell asleep.

Then Luhan’s words flew in my mind.

 

“When you love someone I don’t think you realize it until it’s too late. When you’re crying in a Sunday afternoon, with a pounding headache, you’ll realize it. You were never quite sure if you love him, truly love him, but now you know. You’d know that he was the one and that you’d lost him, maybe forever. But if that love was true; it would be alright. He’d come back, they always do.”

 

Now I can say that our love was true.

At last, I can sleep peacefully, with him by my side.

 

 

 

                                                                                                free-vector-vector-border-fine-arts_0011

 

 

 

He proposed to me again and of course I said yes. We held our wedding at the church where his parents wedded, and all was paid by Mr. and Mrs. Park saying that it’s their pleasure to have me to their family. Oh how lucky I am. There were few guests, only those who are close relatives and friends.

Chanyeol didn’t want to be separated with me before the wedding because he’s afraid. He’s really stupid. His sister needed to grab him on his ears just to walk out on my room while I prepare for the wedding.

 

I was walking in the isle with my father and look at that dumbo crying, while Jongin, his best man, is patting him at his back. But still, I can’t stop smiling as I see him waiting for me at the altar. I’m so in love with him. My father walked me to Chanyeol, and gave my hand to him.

 

“Hold his hand and never let go, son.” My father said to him.

 

“Never, never appa.” He answered, having again that goofy smile.

 

“Thankyou…” My father said as he wiped his tears. Chanyeol hugged him and bowed. He then held my hand and went to the altar.

 

We exchanged vows and was pronounced as a married couple. We kissed in front of everyone and him being stupid, shouted and pumped his fist in the air. The audience laughed and as I saw him attempting to shout again, I grabbed his face and silenced him with my lips.

 

 

Mr. and Mrs. Park was all out in our wedding and even if I said it’s okay for the reception to be simple, their answer was “No, son, the wedding should be as beautiful as my son’s partner, so it should be pretty, okay? Just leave everything to us! Give us your plans about everything and I’ll be your fairy god mother and will give you everything okay?” And who was I to refuse that request right? So I let umma and appa in prepare everything.

The reception was held in one of their hotels. We greeted the visitors and thanked them for coming. Chanyeol’s parents was conversing with my parents. Everyone is dancing a slow dance on the dancefloor and Chanyeol went to me…

 

“Can I have this dance?” He asked.

 

“Yes you can.” I said

 

We danced to the slow music as I rest my head on his chest.

In that moment, everything felt right, like the puzzle pieces we were trying to put up together was now together making a beautiful picture. We’ve gone through ups and downs, but here we are still together and me being Mr. Park. I should really thank Kyungsoo and Luhan for knocking my head off that day, I really should. Because if not because of them, I wouldn’t straighten up my thoughts. I was on my trance when I heard Chanyeol called my name.

 

“Baek?”

 

“Hmm?”

 

“Let’s go back to the table and eat.” I looked at him mortified.

 

“You and your eating habits.”

 

“Well, I need energy so I can do you later.” He said wiggling his eyebrows.

 

“Aish! Lower down your voice!” I said. I felt my blood rushed to my face with what he said Omg Park Chanyeol!

 

He led me to the table and greet them. On the table was Minseok, Chen who is Minseok’s date,  Kyungsoo, Kai, Luhan and Sehun. We joined them on eating wanting to have some talks. I was really intrigued with Sehun and Luhan’s relationship. His words was always on point and Kyungsoo said he’s gone through a lot, so I ended my questions and asked them.

 

“Sehun, I’m really intrigued by your relationship. How did you get together with Luhan?”

 

Chanyeol smirked and put his arms over me, then I saw Kai and Kyungsoo gave a look to each other, and I heard Minseok cleared his throat while Jongdae giggled at his reaction. So I think I’m missing out a lot.

 

Sehun grabbed Luhan’s hand and kissed it.

 

“It goes like this…”

 

 

 

 


 

 

Hello my lovely readers. Sorry for the long wait. T_T We had a summer class and those duties, but I enjoyed it, it's too tiring. That's why I had to let my summer class to end before I write the sequel. And sorry for posting it late. My mom asked me to help her design her classroom becuse the schoooool is starti. So here it is! I'm sorry if it didn't reah your expectation, spare meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...

So as you can see, the ending seems rushed, it really is rushed  , well, sorry for that. Don't worry because their life  will be continued at the Hunhan side story. SPEAKING OFFFF!!!! CLICK SEHUN's LAST LINE AND YOU WILL BE REDIRECTED TO THE HUNHAN SID STORY! because HunHaeeeeeeen is layf. I know I know. 

 

This chapter is originally mute, dafuq is that? it doesn'r have any music in it but I remember my fav song which is Lost Stars by Adam Levine so i put it in.

DID YOU SEE THE TEASER PHOTOS OMFG THEY'RE HOT. And the Baekyeol feels nowadays omg. Lezz crei c'mon. TAT 

So that's all! I might update "It goes like this" fon late June or early July! I hope you like this and subs are welcome to my new story! c'moooon. :(((

Spill your thoughts on the comment box babies! CMON! I LOVE YOUUUUUUUUUUUUU! THANKYOUUUUUUUUUUUU!

 

 

-written by yours truly,