Jealous

Tangled Redstrings of Fate

 

 

The sun is up and it’s a really fine day. I don’t know... it’s just that everything seems to be in order, like… puzzle pieces finally fitting together. And on this fine day, here I am driving around the city early in the morning. I sort of missed Seoul’s serene streets, those of New York are too busy for me.  It really feels great being home. I was gone for about three weeks. Thank God everything was settled earlier than planned. If I stayed there for just one more day, I might lose my sanity. There’s someone I’m dying to see but I guess I have to suppress that desire for now, I’ve promised Taemin that I’ll accompany him in picking up the custom-made wedding rings somewhere in Jongno.

I pulled to the side, took my phone and placed it in my pocket, checked my reflection once before going out and leaving Nini. Until now it feels surreal. My best friend’s getting married months from now and it just won’t sink in. Just thinking about it makes me smile.

I arrived at the shop and of course he’s not here yet, I checked my phone but there’s not even a single message so I decided to send him one.  For the mean time, I surveyed the area and examined the different rings. Which of these would Kyungsoo like? I can imagine how each ring would accent his finger. Would he like diamonds, or would he prefer just a simple one, without any precious stones on it?

“Sir, do you want me to take that out so you could have a closer look at it?”

“No thanks, I-   what the hell Lee Taemin?!”

“I just want to tease you a bit Jonginnie, sorry for being late.” I can see the excitement on his eyes. He’s really into this. I’ll always admire this side of Taemin. He devotes himself to whatever he loves, something I wasn’t able to do back then. I’ve given up on dancing, yes, but it won’t happen again.

I’ll never give up on Kyungsoo.

 

After picking up the rings, we went to this café where we used to hang out together. Back then, it was my favorite café. I just realized it’s only about four blocks away from the office. Great.

We talked about their wedding plans. He said he’ll invite our closest friends from college including Suho hyung. I really miss that hyung and his limitless credit card. Taemin even jokingly said that he wants to invite Suho hyung for he's certain that he'll give him a really expensive gift, 'cause Suho hyung's really... well he's rich. After discussing a few more details, we decided to leave but not before buying something for Yeol. He said he wants to invite him personally might as well bring him something. He bought chocobutternut doughnuts 'cause I told him it's Yeol's current favorite though I'm pretty sure it's not, instead it would be Baekhyun's. He's going to give it to him anyway.

When we reached the building I parked where I usually park every day. I wonder who dared to park here while I'm gone. I got off first but Taemin seems to have no plans of getting off my car.

"You need to open the door for me mister, aren't you my chauffeur for this day?"

"When did I ever say that?"

"Oh c'mon! I was your tour guide for the last three weeks and you can't even return the favor by opening a door! Wow Jongin! Wow!"

"Woah woah... stop the drama haha  well okay if you say so milady."

So I went out of my way and opened the door for him.

"I hope you enjoyed the ride madam."

"Aww... thank you mister chauffeur." and he pinched my cheeks. He freaking pinched my cheeks. Gosh Lee Taemin.

 

 

 

                                                                                                       free-vector-vector-border-fine-arts_0011

 

 

I'm at my cafe brewing some coffee when Chanyeol called me, he said he wants an Americano and chocobutternut doughnuts. It was like this for a few days now. He's making me deliver coffee to him every day. Dumb Chanyeol, he could just ask his secretary to buy it for him.

I remember that day he was at my cafe and he used aegyo to beg me to deliver coffee for him every morning and anytime he wants one. Imagine a grown up man as tall as a giraffe doing aegyo, and he's a freaking C.E.O for Pete's sake! I just agreed to this to save him from more embarrassment. What a guy. I wonder why I liked him even though he's such an idiot. Wait, liked? He's the same old Chanyeol but... I think... I'm no longer affected by him... yeah... I think so...

I'm happy going to his office every day like this tho.

"You just want to see Jongin."

"No, he's not even here yet and why would I?! He never replied to my messages. I'm making a fool of myself, missing him like this."

"See, you miss him. You're hoping to see him at Chanyeol's office."

"I said no! I'm just happy I could spend time with my best friend."

"But it's such a hassle."

"Well yeah..."

"See?!"

This internal argument was cut off when I saw a familiar car. It was Nini. And of course, a familiar guy came out. He was standing there for some time. Soon he opened the opposite door and a blonde guy came out. He said something and they laughed. That blonde guy pinched his cheeks and he's okay with it?! He's seriously okay with that?! I'm fuming with anger! I was here waiting for him to come back worried about him 'cause the last time I saw him he was mad as a bull and him, what?! He spent those weeks dating some blonde guy who's obviously Korean! Why dye your hair blonde? Black is better, blonde don't look good for Asians. Black does. Is he an idol or something?  Who cares if he's taller? Even if he's taller he dyed his hair. Jongin likes that kind of guy?! What's wrong with him? Black is better! I didn't know he's got such a bad taste! And displaying your affection in public is just plain disgusting! Why am I this angry? What the hell am I saying?! My chest tightens. It doesn’t feel good.

*you've got a message... you've got a message*

What now?! Oh it's from Chanyeol.

 

From: Chanyeol

Where are my doughnuts?

I replied,

 

To: Chanyeol

Go get them here. I'm not going there ever again, and please discipline your employees how disgusting!

 

I was on my way back to my cafe when he replied.

 

From: Chanyeol

What are you talking about? I apologize, really, for whatever it was but I guess I'll talk to you later. Jongin just arrived. Haha

 

 

I know that that playboy has arrived dumb Yeol! I have a pair of eyes just so you know! Dumb Chanyeo! Dumb Jongin! Dumb blonde guy!

I slammed the door open and went behind the counter still angry at everyone.

 

"Whoa boss what happened?!" Ruth asked.

 

"Nothing, just go back to work!"

 

I hid in my office to calm myself down. I realized I still have Yeol's doughnuts with me. I can't believe I sent that message to him. What will I say if he asks he what was that about?! How smart Kyungsoo, bravo! I sighed and stared at the ceiling. Why was I that mad?

 

I don’t like the way he’s looking at you
I’m starting to think you want him too
Am I crazy, have I lost ya?
Even though I know you love me, can’t help it

 

Also, blonde can look good on asians too. Blonde looks great actually... Am I just insecure? Should I dye my hair blonde too?

 


I turn my chin music up
And I’m puffing my chest
I’m getting red in the face
You can call me obsessed
It’s not your fault that they hover
I mean no disrespect
It’s my right to be hellish
I still get jealous

 

 

Stupid Kyungsoo.

 

 

                                                                                                            free-vector-vector-border-fine-arts_0011

 

 

 

After I escorted Taemin out, I returned to Chanyeol's office he said he's got a surprise for me.

 

"Well, Jongin my lovelife's sailing smoothly so I want to help you with yours... sooo... I asked Kyungsoo to deliver doughnuts for me every day so you could see each other here. I'm also planning to give him a space at the ground floor that he could rent for his café, if ever he wants to expand. That way you could fetch him every day. How lovely"

 

"Wait, wait, Chanyeol, you mean you're going out with Baekhyun already?!"

 

"How did you know about Baekhyun?" .

 

"Well... I'm really observant."

 

"So you knew all along?!"

 

"Well yeah..."

 

"We're not yet dating, it’s all still vague right now but I know we'll get there soon." Wow so that explains why he has been smiling from ear to ear since earlier.

 

"Well, thanks for the help loverboy but I'll work things out on my own. You won’t be the only one with a perfectly sailing lovelife, soon I'll confess."

 

"Wow! Look at what New York's air did to you! That's great man! Good luck on that!"

 

"Yeah thanks!"

 

As soon as I finished with all I had to do, I went to Kyungsoo's cafe. Oh how I missed this squishy owl-eyed boy! But he’s not there…

 

“Hey Katie, where’s Kyungsoo?”

 

“He’s inside and he’s mad.”

 

“Why?”

 

“We really don’t know, but perhaps something happened when he went to your office earlier. He went there to deliver Mr. Park’s order but it’s still with him when he returned angry.”

 

He went there earlier? Could it be? Could it be that he knew about Chanyeol and Baekhyun that’s why he got mad? Yes, that’s the only reason I could think of. I knew this would happen, my poor Kyungsoo.

 

“Could you tell him that I’m here?”

 

“No need.” Kyungsoo said coming out of his office.

 

“Well uhmm… can we talk?”

 

“There’s nothing to talk about, I’m going home.” Well he’s really angry. I followed him outside and tried to stop him.

 

“I know you were hurt Kyungsoo but-“

 

“Hurt?! Why would I? I don’t like you and like hell I’m getting jealous over that blonde guy!”

 

 


'Cause you’re too y, beautiful
And everybody wants a taste
That’s why

I still get jealous

 

Blonde guy? Last time I checked Baekhun isn’t blonde.  I was watching him walk away when it hit me. Stupid Kim Jongin, he meant Taemin!

 

I followed him and pulled him for a hug. A backhug.

 

“Let go of me you disgusting little-“

 

I wish you didn’t have to post it all
I wish you’d save a little bit just for me
Protective or possessive, yeah
Call it passive or aggressive

 

“Shhh… Kyungsoo. Let’s stay like this for a moment.”

 

“If you’re okay with embarrassing yourself in public well, I’m not.” He said as he detached himself from me.

 

“You’re cute.”

 

“Shut up!”

 

“You’re cute when you’re jealous.”

 

“I told you I’m not!”

 

He’s really red, from both anger and embarrassment. I was having fun watching him get jealous but when he started to cry, I felt really bad. Was he that jealous? I leaned closer and hug him, this time he hugged me back.

 

“I hate you Jongin.” He said while burying his face on my chest.

 

“You left me with words I can't comprehend, you confused me, and you made me worry. I even thought you like me but you were dating that blonde guy. I'm such a fool Jongin, a complete mess and it's all thanks to you. I was wrong, you're just a typical playboy and I really hate you." He tightened his grip. I did the same.

 

"But despite all of that in the end you're the only one I need to calm myself down. Just you being near me again, here in the flesh, it's enough. My heart still races though but it's fine." I rested my chin on his head. I don't want him to see me crying.

 

After a while he let go and distanced himself.

 

"I hate you Jongin…  but I think I've fallen for you."

 

I looked at him in the eye, held his hand and in the sincerest way I possibly could, I muttered

 

"I loved you first."

 

I thought it's just some bull that writers write to please people’s desire of romantic scenarios, but today I'm proven wrong. They're right. In moments like this, time freezes and it feels like the entire world is all mine.

 

To finally confess, to have him there listening to what you've been bottling up inside for too long, to see my reflection in his eyes... It feels warm.

 

 

 

"I love you Jongin."

 

And again….

 

"I loved you first."

 

…and his lips danced with mine.

 

 

 


 

 

Chapter made my Thehun_kibum

Song used in this chapter is Jealous by Nick Jonas

Thankyou for the new subs and for those who are commenting. We're starting to sort out our requirements so we had time to update and to finish one chapter. Love you peeps!