Like I can

Tangled Redstrings of Fate

 

 

Do Kyungsoo. Such a beautiful name. When will I see you again? I still miss you. You’ve been gone for too long. I want to see your smile again. Oh Do Kyungsoo, where art you?

 

I ruffled my already messy hair and stomped my foot. I can’t do this anymore. I have to know what happened. It’s been two weeks and yet he’s not here. He’s gone for too long. I don’t think I can do this anymore. I’m going insane!

 

 Where could he be? What could’ve happened? Did he have a disease or something? Did he caught some kind of flu? Or worse.. maybe he was kidnapped by a giant dog that looks like Monggu!

 

No.. wait. I’m going crazy.My mind’s not functioning well now that I didn’t see him. I really need to know what happened to him. I banged my head on the table multiple times and slapped my own face. Where the hell are you, Kyungsoo-ah!

 

Ignoring the glances the other customers gave me, I looked around his shop as I played with the straw of the mocha frappe I usually ordered. They must have thought I was crazy. I looked at my watch. The foggy screen indicated that it was half-past seven. I sighed and blew away my bangs which now reached the tip of my eyebrow. I need a haircut.

 

“U-uhm.. sir?”

 

I was awoken from my trance when I heard a low voice from somewhere. I looked up and saw Katie. She was standing awkwardly beside my table.

 

“M-may I?” she gestured at the empty seat across from me. I gave her a tight smile.

“Sure.” she took the seat.

 

Silence enveloped us for a few until she finally spoke. Well, she’s the one who approached me and I don’t have anything to tell her.

 

“Sir, uhm, Kyungsoo sajangnim wants me to tell you—“

“What?!” I composed myself and sat straight. I was too excited when his name came out of . “I mean, what does he want to tell me?”

“Uhm, don’t be offended but.. he wants you to stop calling him. It’s bothering him and you’re disturbing him from.. whatever he is doing.” I was taken aback by what she just said. But I quickly hid it.

“What is he doing? He’s been out for almost three weeks! What happened?”

She just shook her head. “I asked him a couple of times. But he won’t tell us. Maybe he’s just busy.” She bowed and stood up from her seat, ready to take orders at the counter. But then I suddenly remembered what I have to do. I stood up and catched up with her. She was a bit startled when she saw me in front of her.

 

“Sir?”

“Do you perhaps know where he lives?”

“I—“

“He lives in the apartment nearby.” I looked at the girl with eyes similar to his. Ruth. She was on the other side of the counter. Brewing a coffee.

“It’s just two blocks away from here. The house with a blue gate.” She took one of my hands and put something in it. It was cold and rusty. I opened my palm and saw a key. I looked at her.

“Use that. That’s a duplicate key. Might as well barge inside. We want him back too. And we wanted to know what happened to him.” She smiled. “Please bring him back.”

 

I nodded and gave them a smile. I started walking to where Nini was parked.

 

“Sir Kai!” I looked back at her.  

“I know you have feelings with Kyungsoo sajangnim. I’m not dense. I know you can bring our boss back. Please do.” She gave the faintest of a smile. That’s the first time I saw her smile.

“I will! Bye.”

 

 

                                                                                         

 

 

Park Chanyeol lay unconscious in his bed. Bottles of different beers and wine was all over the floor. After that incident with Kyungsoo, he grew worse. He was drinking expensive whiskey again. He looked dreadful. A few buttons of his coat was ed. His hair was messy and his eyes were swollen. His foot was dangling on one side of the bed.

What might be the reason why he’s drunk again? Well, he just saw Baekhyun and her oh-so-precious girlfriend this afternoon, happily chatting and eating the lunch she made for him.

The door flung open and Chanyeol’s sister entered his room. If Chanyeol was awake right now, he probably would have thought that her sister would scolded her. But no, she didn’t.

 

She picked up the empty bottles and threw them on the side his closet. She walked to his bed and pushed his mussed hair away from his forehead. She sighed.

 

“Chanyeol, Park Pabo Chanyeol, you have your sister here but your just bottling up your frustrations.” She can feel stinging in her eyes. “You’re such a douche to me, I can take that, but what I can’t take is when you’re like this.” Teardrops runner in her face. She wiped the tears that fell on her brother’s face. “Why are you like this? What’s bothering you? I hope I can do something to lessen your pain. Cha-Chan… yeol.” She buried his face on his brother’s chest. She cried and cried. Frustration is eating her because she feels that she’s not good enough as a sister for her little brother. She patted his head. Chanyeol grunted and swatted her hand away but still sleeping.

She just chuckled and muttered, “Pabo..”. She kissed his cheek and went out to make dinner.

 

 

                                                                                         

 

 

I stared at my hand and closed my eyes. I added another to my collection of a hundred sighs I managed to do awhile ago while finding the guts to go in. You can do this, Jongin. Focus. You just wanted to visit him and know what he was up to the past two weeks. Okay? Don’t be a baby.

 

I was and am ready to open the door when the door itself flew open. And I was face to face with an owl-eyed zombie. He looked blankly at me and silence wrapped the both of us. His gaze fell on the basket beside the door then back at me. He blinked and walked inside.

 

I followed him inside his home. It’s not that spacious because everything was connected. The living room, kitchen, dining room and the door that seems to be his room, he went there.

 

I entered the room.

Glow in the dark stars were sticked on the ceiling, emphasizing the color the room, navy blue. It was a normal room. With a door, a window and a table where all his personal things were in. A coffee table was beside a human-sized bed. Where he--Kyungsoo was laying face-forward.  He looked tired. There’s something wrong.

It hurts me to see him like this. He looks devastated, lifeless. 

“K-kyungsoo.”

“Go away, Jongin.”

“Kyungsoo, what’s wrong?”

“Nothing’s wrong. Get out.”

“No. I know there’s something wrong. If you have problems, you can tell me.” I steeped closer to him and took a seat next to him on the bed.

“I SAID NOTHING’S WRONG!” He sat up and pushed me. I was startled by his sudden burst.

“Get away, Jongin. I don’t need you!” He put his hands on my chest and pushed me away again, surprising me.

“I think you do. Kyungsoo, come on. Tell me what’s wrong.” What surprised me even more was when I saw beads of tears falling from his eyes. He pressed both of his palms on his face and sobbed. He looked so tiny and fragile in that state. I can’t take it anymore I pulled his arm and hugged him.

“Sssh.. stop it Kyungsoo.

We stayed in that position for a few minutes he said something that broke my heart into a million pieces.

 

“Why can’t he love me? Why can’t he?”

“Why not me? Why does it have to be Baekhyun? Why?!”

“I did everything. I changed for him. I love him. But why doesn’t he notice me? Why did he notice Baekhyun? Why? Why can’t he notice me?”

“Why Chanyeol, why? WHY?!”

 

I was startled to hear him getting so frustrated, and it’s not just that, the fact that Chanyeol causes it, I felt stinging in my chest. Why does it have to be Chanyeol? I couldn’t take the pain anymore. My mind went blank. I just pushed him away. He was taken aback by my sudden outburst. I stood up.

I ran my hands on my face and nearly pull out my hair because of too much frustration. “K-kyungsoo.. can you just.. if you.. just please..” I shook my head and ran out of the house. I heard my name being called when I went inside the car.

 

I drove away. Away from his house, away from him. A couple of blocks later, a little kid ran past my moving car and I had to press the breaks immediately. I looked at myself on the rearview mirror. My face was wet with tears. A whacked the wheel and yelled.

 

Why do you have to hurt me like this?

 

 

                                                                                           

 

 

 

I was left stunned on my bed, with tear stained cheeks, bloodshot eyes, looking lifeless as Jongin ran out of my house. His sudden outburst is out of the blue. And why did he yell at me?

I can feel pricking in my eyes again as I recall how Jongin looks just few moments ago. He’s fuming with anger? Is it anger? I don’t know. It’s my first time to see him like that, and it scared me.

I buried my face into the duvet and cried my lungs out. Now that I don’t have Chanyeol, Jongin walked out on me too. I’m now on my own. I feel so alone.

I have so much to say, but no one to listen. My head is full of things that I can’t even fathom. I really so close to total mental breakdown right now. It feels like I’m inside of a nightmare, and it’s very terrifying, terrifying  that it’s hard to wake up from a nightmare when you’re not even asleep.

 

And that night, I cried myself to sleep.

 

 

                                                                                           

 

 

 

I continue to drove without a destination. the radio and a random music blurted out.

Why are you looking down all the wrong roads?
When mine is the heart and the salt of the soul
There may be lovers who hold out their hands
But they'll never love you like I can, can, can
They'll never love you like I can, can, can

They'll never love you like I can, can, can

 

“He’ll never love you like I can…” I’m ing crying. Kyungsoo made me cry, this is the first time, I’m a ing wimp. My heart aches, as if my heart is chained and it’s continuously tightening. My vision is blurred because of too much tears. Will a car crash on me?

 

We both have demons, that we can't stand
I love your demons, like devils can
If you're self-seeking an honest man
Then stop deceiving,
Lord, please

 

Will I die? Because right now, I feel like dying.

As I see the familiar blinking light of an establishment, I pull aside. I walked out of my car and entered inside. There are few people inside. I guess I’ll just need to wash my frustrations away with alcohol.

I need the strongest drink to wash this thought on my brain So I walked to the barista and ordered my drink. “Minseok, one Ginger Yule please.”

“Coming up!” Said the barista.

 

As I wait for my drink, a pleasant surprise emerged beside me.

 

“Mr. Kim…”

 

That voice. I know who it is even without turning my head. I guess this will be a long night... Baekhyun.

 

 

 

 


 

Song used in this chapter is Like I Can by Sam Smith

This Chapter is made by Katie

Authornim is obsessed with Sam Smith. Mian~

P.S.

Ohhhhhhhhhh, Baekhyun meets Jongin. Whatcha think would happen? Huehuehuehue. 

I'll update the next chapter by Saturday or Sunday perhaps? Kamsamnida! I love you all. Thanks for those who upvote and who subscribed, and to Cillieupie for commenting! I love you bb. Comments and reactions are welcome!!! Again, THANKYOU! *throws hearts*