Tenerife Sea

Tangled Redstrings of Fate

 

 

 

 

Tonight is the grand ball of the known people of Seoul who is in business. I slept early last night so I won’t look tired today. My ash black suit is all checked, partnered with my button up shirt with the collar that has gold triangular pieces at the end for a touch of elegance.

I will go with Baekyun later because, ofcourse, he’s my secretary. And secretaries are very important in those events. So I also bought him a suit. A black suit with leather collar and a button up shirt partnered with grey tie. I personally chose that for him because I can imagine how his white complexion will stand out with a dark coulored suit.

I texted him to ask if he received the parcel.

 

To: Baekhyun

Received the suit? :)

 

In a minute I already received a reply.

 

From: Baekhyun

Yes, Mr. Park. Thankyou very much. Just get the payment from my salary.

 

To: Baekhyun

Yah! I told you, you don’t have to pay it. I’m the one who insisted that you need to have a new suit so it’s okay. And I’m not boasting but realtalk, you need to give me your three full salary to pay this, the transportation of the parcel is an exemption.

 

The tailored suits are from Italy. It is made by Huang Zitao, a Chinese designer who is now residing in Italy. He has been my personal designer for years. And he’s not just a designer for me, he’s also a friend. We met during college when my mom had a visitor from China. He’s the only son of my mother’s friend that is also a designer but for interior designing. His mother is the one who designed our house, that’s why Huang family is very close to the Parks.

 

From: Baekhyun

Now I feel bad. Well, I’m sure it is very expensive. Just from the leather I can hear “Cha ching cha ching”’s 

 

 

 

To: Baekhyun

Don’t feel bad. You’re my secretary so if I want to look good, I need you to look good too because, again, you’re my secretary. Okay? :)

 

Actually, I underwent a lot of stress in convincing him to have a new suit. Ohhh… the struggle is real I’m telling you.

 

“Baek, can you just listen to me?” I massaged my temple and closed my eyes because of my frustration.

 

“Listen to you? Oh my gosh Mr. Park! That costs a lot and I’ll just wear it for what?! FOR AN HOUR!!! So no. N-O!” Making “X”s in the air to support his disagreement.

 

He shouted. Really, believe me he shouted at me. And don’t forget, we’re at Zitao’s boutique in Gangnam, we’re in front of his secretary who came from Italy just to get our measurements. I’ll die in embarrassment if Zitao knows what’s happening here. He’ll laugh his of for sure. 

 

“Ehem.” I cleared my throat. I need to put up the “boss” card. “Please remember that I’m your boss. And what your boss tells you, you should do. And what your boss wants, you still need to do.” I said in a stern voice.

 

I can see he cowered so I’m sure the “boss” card worked. I knew it! Hahahaha. I smirked.

 

“B-but..” He stuttered.

 

“No but’s Mr. ByunBaekhyun, so go there and let her get your measurements we don’t have much time.”

 

“Okay…” He whispered but enough for me to hear.

 

I laughed as I remembered what happened. He’s really tough.

 

From: Baekhyun

Okay Mr. Park. Thankyou very much.

 

 

To: Baekhyun

You’re always welcome

 

When the night came I started to fix myself for the ball. I brushed up my hair backwards, just to see my glorious forehead that kills girls and boys. Awyeah! I’m freakin’ handsome I kennot.I wore my suit and put some perfume. I gave myself one last look in my whole body mirror and went out to my black Lexus RC F. Ohh, perks of being rich.Good looks, with this car, I’ll slay em’ all.

I went to Baekhyun’s apartment to pick him up. I waited for him inside my car. After some minute, someone knocked on the window. Oh it’s Baekhyun

I get off my car so he can see me and he’ll get slayed with my looks. Once I stood up straight and now he’s in my front, I stared, and stared, and stared. I think I’m the one who is freakin’ slayed.

His brown hair is properly styled, he smells nice, and the suit hugs his curves perfectly, and his eyes… ohmygosh his eyes. His eyes was surrounded with black kohl, and on outside, it has some red makeup that gives it some sharp feminine look. His hair is slightly hiding his eyes that gives him and edge.

I nearly drooled.

 

“Good evening Mr. Park.” He said getting me out of my trance.

 

“Good evening to you too. You look nice.” Gorgeous

 

“Same as you.” He said

 

“Shall we go now?” and he nodded.

 

I opened the door of my car for him and fixed his seatbelt, after that I went inside the car and started to drive.

 

 

 

 

                                                                                                       free-vector-vector-border-fine-arts_0011

 

 

 

I needed to prepare for the ball so even if it’s still early afternoon, I experimented and tried some makeup and hairstyles. I even searched on the internet. I need to look good. My suit is so expensive, it’ll look dumb if the one who wears it will look like a trash. After seven fancy hairstyles and complicated makeups, nothing works. It’s either I’ll look e for having too much makeup or a trash because I lack makeup. I slumped on my bed and burrowed my face on my pillows.

 

“Ugh! This is getting on my nerves. I’m hopeless!”

 

I face my laptop and I’m planning to turn it off because nothing works on me in the internet but I accidentally clicked a site and it popped up.

 

“A female make-up site. Great.” I said sarcastically.

 

I’m ready to click the exit button but an image of an eye makeup caught my attention.

 

“Okay, this is the last time I’ll try.”

 

I gathered my eyeliner and a pinking red eye shadow that my cousin left on my room. After a minute of make-up session I looked up in the mirror and awed myself.

 

“Woah…”

 

So now it’s decided. When the sun started to hide, I took a bath and started to fix myself. I did the make-up again and brushed my hair simply. I let my hair hide my eyes a little bit. I wore the suit Mr. Park gave me and sprayed one of my expensive perfumes that I don’t use because, it’s expensive. 

Mr. Park texted me that he’s now in front of my apartment so I gathered my things and the house key so I can now go out. As I’m walking I saw Mr. Park’s car, and that car never fails to amaze me. It makes him cooler. Now that I’m getting nearer and nearer, my self-confidence is starting to collapse.

“What if I’m overdressed, what if I look like a e? What if…” And I didn’t realize that I’m in front of his car now. So there’s no choice. I knocked on his window. He went out from his car and stared at me. My stomach is getting fuzzy, the way he stared at me. It makes me uncomfortable so I talked.

 

“Good evening Mr. Park.” I said.

 

“Good evening to you too. You look nice.” Oh stop. I can feel my cheeks burning. It’s embarrassing!

 

“Same as you.” I said. But really, he looks cool. He looks like he’s gonna walk in a runway. I’m lucky I’m too distracted from my self-talk or else I’ll stare at him and drool. And that’s not good. No, no.

 

“Shall we go now?” He asked and I nodded.

 

He opened the door and I entered. I thought he’s gonna go on his seat but he fixed my seatbelt and his face is so close to me that I can feel his breathing on my face. It’s getting warmer and warmer. It’s good that he finished fast so I can now breathe normally. He now went inside and started to drive.

 

 

 

 

                                                                                                       free-vector-vector-border-fine-arts_0011

 

 

 

 

I can’t stop myself from looking at his side profile from time to time. I think it’ll feel awkward for him so I pressed the play button of my radio.

And a guitar strumming can be heard.

 

You look so wonderful in your dress
I love your hair like that
The way it falls on the side of your neck
Down your shoulders and back

 

Oh, the song suits. I smiled and looked at him.

 

We are surrounded by all of these lies
And people who talk too much
You got the kind of look in your eyes
As if no one knows anything but us

Should this be the last thing I see
I want you to know it's enough for me
'Cause all that you are is all that I'll ever need

 

 

Then I heard him humming, and now singing.

 


“I'm so in love, so in love
So in love, so in love

You look so beautiful in this light
Your silhouette over me
The way it brings out the blue in your eyes
Is the Tenerife Sea…”

 

Now our way to the ball is filled with a beautiful being singing a beautiful song with his beautiful voice. Perfect.

 

 

 

                                                                                                         free-vector-vector-border-fine-arts_0011

 

 

 

I got into the song and sing along. Mr. Park smiled at me so I think he liked it so I continued. When we arrived at the ball room, we walked side by side. When we’re in front of the door, I stopped him from opening the door. He looked at me as if asking why I stopped him. Then I looked at him and fixed his tie.

“There.” I smiled.

He just continued to look at me. And I can see something in his eyes, something warm. Then he smiled, and opened the door.

 

As we strutted down the hall, I somehow felt insecure. The ladies wore long dresses hugging their curves perfectly with sharp makeups, some are with short frilly dresses that gives them a young look, and there are men who’s wearing expensive suits with a pair of shiny shoes to the point where you can see your reflection in it and… there’s me. I hid in Mr. Park’s back as the people we pass by, men and women, somehow judge me. I feel small. I pouted. I was surprised when Mr. Park, looked at me then he placed his hand on my waist, and started to walk. I’m sure my face is red as tomato.

We talked to some people who is also business men. I just stood by his side listening to their conversations while holding a glass of champagne.

A lady asked Mr. Park to dance, and he complied. While the lady drags him he looked back at me and mouthed,

 

“I’ll be back. Daughter of CEO Choi.”

 

Ohhh, he needs to dance with her indeed. Mr. Choi is one of our major investors, that’s why. As I watch them dance, I felt something green, envy perhaps, or is it jealousy? The lady, wears black slick dress, with a low cut in front, showing a part of her chest. She’s pretty, actually, and that makes me insecure. I sighed. Now they’re talking, laughing I mean. She whispers something to Mr. Park’s ear and they laugh. Why is her face too close to Mr. Park’s?

I gulped down my champagne and put the glass unto the table beside me.

Their dancing continued, until my phone ringed. I went to the comfort room. I took out my phone. I thought it was a call, but it’s just a text message… from Taeyeon.

 

I opened it and I’m not ready for what I have read.

 

From: Taeyon <3

Let’s break up

 

 

There’s no tears, no lump on my throat. There’s just, questions. Why? How? Did I fail to be a boyfriend? Why did she do this to me? I just stood there for I don’t know how long. I think I consumed too much time that Mr. Park went inside the comfort room.

 

“Hey, why did you leave, and didn’t even tell me where you’d go? He asked.

 

Now that I heard his voice tears started to fall. I looked at him. He rushed to me and cupped my face with his one hand, and his one hand is on my arm.

 

“Y-yah, Baek, why are you crying? Are you hurt?” He asked. I bit my lips as I tried to muffle my cry. I guess I bit too hard that I tasted something metallic.

 

“Hey! Hey stop biting your lips you’re bleeding! It’s ok to cry. Shhhh..” He locked the door of the comfort room and he hugged me. Then I cried. I cried and cried. I clung to his coat and pulled him closer to me. Then he hugged me tighter.

 

“It’s okay. It’s okay I’m here.” He kissed me on my head. He just hugged me and rocked me back and forth as he burry his head on my hair.

 

 

 

 

                                                                                                        free-vector-vector-border-fine-arts_0011

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun’s just standing there for what I’ve known, but now I can’t see him. After the dance with Mr. Choi’s daughter I looked for him. To the food table, to the kitchen, outside the hall and finally the comfort room. I was shocked when I found his in the comfort room and he started to cry. I don’t know what to do because he’s crying and he’s bleeding from too much biting, so I stopped him and just hugged him tight. I comforted him. I breaks me to see him like this. I’m not used to this Baekhyun. I always see happy, jolly Baekhyun so I’m new to this. Seeing Baekhyun crying makes me cry too. So I just let him cry on my chest, I don’t care if he wet my tux, I don’t care. He’s more important.

 

When he calmed down, I sat him on the sink and talked to him.

 

“Baekhyun, look at me.”

He didn’t respond and continued to look on the floor. I lifter his chin with my thumb and index finger for him to face me. I saw his swollen red eyes, and is broke me.

 

“Baek…” I said softly.

 

“She broke up with me.” He said.

 

“Oh.” I should be happy. I should be happy that Taeyeon broke up with her, but seeing him like this, it’s impossible for me to be happy.

 

“Is that so?”

 

“ Yeah” He said. I just looked at him and I was surprised when he hugged me. It was short.

 

“Mr. Park sorry for ruining your suit.” He said.

 

“No it’s okay. It’s you who is more important. Do you wanna go home?” I asked.

 

“Can we?”

 

I bid farewell to some of my colleagues and we headed to my car. We stayed silent. I don’t know what to do. I think I’ll wait for some time before I move? When we arrived at the front of his apartment, I walked him to his door.

 

“So, this is it. Goodbye Mr. Park.” He bid his farewell. ‘

 

“Are you gonna be okay?”  I asked. And he didn’t answer. He just looked down and stared at me. His eyes are misty, red and still puffy. I like his eyes red, but red from the make-up not from crying. So I cupped his face and wiped his tear stained cheeks. I looked in his eyes. I leaned my face unto his and before our lips met, I asked him.

 

“Can I?”

 

The he crashed his lips on me.

 

 

And they both felt right.

 

 

 

 


 

Chapter made by yours truly

Song used in this chapter is Tenerife Sea by Ed Sheeran

Awww, sorry for not updating. *hides*

All three of us are students and we're on our finals so we're really busy. Katie is a senior student so she's busy cause she's graduating and she's taking up time for choosing her university, Thehun_kibum is a freshman archi univ student so she's busy with her final plates, while me a freshman nursing student is busy with two research papers that is due on March 16 and 19. The time given is too short that's why I'm stuggling. Please bare with us. Our summer vacation is coming within two weeks so we're able to finish this story. We're sorry and thankyou. *gives you hugs and kisses*

And again, comments, reviews, upvotes, and subscribers are very much welcome and appreciated. SARANGHAEEEEEEEEEE

P.S. I kennot with EXO's comeback.

I'm on my way to my province and the concert started, I just plugged my phone on my laptop so it'll charge while I'm listening to my live audio stream and guess what, I'M ON THE BUS! Hahahaha, I'm on my laptop and my things are nearly scattered on the place I was sitting and everyone's looking at me cause I really look pathethic and weird. HAHAHA

The things I do for my beloved EXO.

And I'm appy that the comeback song is "Call me baby" not daddy, cuz it's too sensual. HAHAHAHA

Well guys... "WELCOOME TO THE 'CALL ME BABY ERA'