You are everywhere

Tangled Redstrings of Fate

 

I can feel the sunlight poking through my skin. It has a comfortable warmth, but it requires you to get up. I lazily sat on my bed with my feet dangling at the edge. I look out the window. The birds flying, the sun so bright, the leaves of the maple tree beside the house are swaying with the wind. Oh what a wonderful weather. I smiled.

I stood up. Felt the floors so cold. It gives me a fuzzy feeling so I ran to the bathroom and set the tub with warm water. As I took a bath, I daydreamed.

After bathing, I walked to my walk-in closet and choose my outfit for the day. I took the white long sleeve button up shirt, and the charcoal colored Kiton tux, and my Rolex watch. After dressing up, I grabbed my suitcase and picked up my car keys on the fishbowl placed at the coffee table beside my sofa.

I walk to my garage, I get inside of my black Lhamborghini Avantador, which is Nini by the way. Isn’t a cool name? I drove through the city and stopped by at the café nearby my office.

 As I walk in, I can hear the melodious voice of the little owl eyed owner chatting with his beloved employees. He’s so adorable. I went to the counter to order my coffee.

 

“Goodmorning Jongin! Mocha frappe with extra milk and whip cream?” The owl eyed owner inquired flashing a sweet heart shaped smile.

“You know me very well Kyungsoo.” I smiled. “And please give me some bagel and cream cheese, please.”

“My pleasure. Anything more?”

“That’s all.” I said.

“Okay!”

 

I watched him as he shout my order to the barista at the back.

 

“Katie! One mocha frappe for Jong!”

“Got it!” Katie said while flashing a thumb.

 

And he walked to the pastry corner to check the stocks with Ruth, his pastry chef who has the same eyes as him.

 I sat at the table near the counter beside the window so I can watch him conversing with the costumers getting their orders, and at the same time, when I look out the window I can watch the people passing by the pavement. Some rushing to their office, some strolling together with their love one, some are families having a family day.

I remember the day when we first met.

 

“Aiiiiish! What the hell!?” I said as the coffee was poured down on my white shirt.

“I’m sorry! I’m sorry.” The waitress said as she tries to wipe the stain off my shirt.

This is a freakin bad day. It’s my favourite shirt! Why did it have to be the shirt to be baptized with coffee all thanks to this stupid lil’ . I can feel the gaze of the other costumers lingering on my back, but I don’t care. I want justice for my favourite shirt.

 

“Don’t you know how much this cost?! Are you dumb?” I shouted.

“Sir, I’m really sorry.” The waitress nearly cried.

 

I saw her name tag. ‘Katie’. “Katie right?” I asked her with my not so friendly tone, because who the hell would  be friendly when someone spilled coffee on your favourite shirt?

The girl looked at me with a shocked expression. “Yes?”

“Get your manager, the owner..or whatever..”

“Sir, we can just sett-“

I cut her before she finished her sentence.

“Are you deaf!?I freakin said, get your manager here!” I’m fuming with anger as I heared someone behind me…

“Sir, what’s with the commotion?”

I saw an owl eyed boy, not so small but neither tall, with button nose, plump lips, and pale complexion. His voice is still calm even though he’s aware that there’s a scene happening. Oh he’s so lovely that I think I’ll let the waitress to spill more coffee on my shirt more, just to see this guy who has angelic features.

“Sir?”

I snapped out of my appreciation of the guy in front of me.

“Ye-yes?” Why did I freakin stuttered? Can somebody tell me? I’m losing my cool! This can’t be!

He eyed me from head to toe.

“Oh, I can see now. I’m sorry if my employee spilled coffee on you.” Oh his voice is so lovely. “Actually she’s our barista so she’s not that capable of serving. One of our server is on leave that’s why we’re short of servers. I’m sorry sir. We’ll just compensate you.” He flashed me his smile. But this is not fair! How can I say no to his face!? , I’m doomed.

“Okay.” I said still keeping my cool.

“Don’t pay your coffee sir. It’s on ours. And the next time you order, you’ll still get it free. Wait.” He rummaged through the cashier and took out some papers.

“Here sir. This is a gift check. We’ll give it to you free for our compensation. We’re really sorry to bother you.” He said while bowing.

I thought I was drooling while listening to him. I cleared my throat. “No, it’s ok.”

“Thankyou sir.” He again, flashed me with that oh so angelic smile. He looks like a cherub.

“Katie, can you walk sir through the door?”

“A-ah yes boss.”

Katie, the waitress walked to my car. And I just stood there spacing out. I’m still star strucked with what I saw. Is he the manager or the owner? I should’ve gotten his number! But, no. That would be creepy.

“Name…” I unconsciously said.

“Huh?” The waitress inquired.

Oh . Did I said it too loud?! I’m so dumb!

“Uhm. The name of your manager. What’s his name?”

“Sir, actually he’s the owner, and he’s name is Do Kyungsoo.” She said.

And with that, the waitress went back to the café and continued to serve others. I still stood at the pavement beside my car and watched him interact with the costumers.

“Kyung..soo. Do Kyungsoo.” His name rolled out my tongue easily. Like his name is meant to be said by me.

And with that. He became my everything.

 

What a cliché way to meet. But that is one of the best day of my life. Meeting him, who I’ve fallen inlove with.

 

“Here is your order.” Said Kyungsoo.

“Thankyou.” I said as I flashed him a stunning smile. Yes I know. I have a stunning smile.

 

He sat at the chair across mine, I just stared at him while sipping my frappe as he put his hand on his face. He looks outside the window and smiled.

 

“It’s a beautiful day don’t you think?”

“Yes. Beautiful indeed.” Not the weather, but you.

“So, tell me about your day.” He said as he faced me.

“Tell you what? It’s still morning Kyung. Hahaha…” I laughed.

“Still!”

“Okay. I woke up, took a bath, dress up, rode my car to get here, and ordered my coffee and bread to the most exquisite café nearby owned by the most gorgeous boy in the city.” I smirked.

“Player indeed.” He said.

“Just telling the truth.”

“How’s Chanyeol?” I can see pink flushed on his face, and I don’t like it.

“Just like the old. At the office, signing papers. He’s doing a pretty good job actually. Being a CEO for just six months, he’s doing well.” I said.

“And you? How are you?”

“Sitill handsome and manly, as you can see.”

“Aish!” He tried to smack me but I dodged it.

“Manly your face! Said someone who names his car Nini. You airhead! Can you not!?”

I laughed at him. He’s cute scrunched face and knitted eyebrows, too cute for me.

“Why!? It’s cool!”

“No it ain’t.” He argued. “Finish your bread and I’ll still have to check the stocks with Ruth. Okay? Hope you choke on your food.” He said jokingly.

 

While going to my office. I greeted some employees, guests, visitors. When I arrived, my Oh so ed-faced assistant Oh freakin Sehun is still the usual Sehun who is very serious about his work to the point where he doesn’t smile and just buries his face to the paperworks piled on his table. I really am intrigued by how he managed to get his doe-eyed boyfriend Luhan who is the head of the Accounting Management. I was like… What did he see on him? Is poker face that appealing now? He greeted me and recited my schedule for the day as he present me the papers I needed to review and sign.

 

“Meeting with the Board of directors at 9 am.”                   

“Hmm”

“Checking of the new branch at 12pm”

“Ok”

“And Mr. Park wants to meet you at his office now.”

“Now. Really?” I said as I give him my oh so amused face.

“Yes.” He said. “Really.”

“I’ve just arrived and he wants me? Okay”

“And also, before I forgot, I’ll remind you about your business meeting at New York.”

“Ok.”

Sehun bowed and walked out from my office.

 

                                                                                            

 

Ahhh, new day… means, work. I’ve been the CEO of Park Industries for six months. My father handed me the position. So I am here reading papers, signing, and being bored instead of partying, going out with friends, watching movies, eating, jamming. I don’t even have time to date! But it’s okay, My interest is just here, right in front of me.

 

“Good morning Sir!” Oh what a good day to start your work with a greeting from your loved one. He’s voice is like that of an angel, cheery but as a soothing effect. His face has a sharp image because of his eyeliner but if you look closely, he looks like a cute puppy. And his smile. I think I’m gonna be blind.

“Good morning Baekhyun. Can you tell Mr. Kim to go to my office right now? I just have some things to discuss with him.”

“Yes Sir.”

 

He bowed and (he was) nearly outside my office when I called him again.

 

“Uhm, Baek!”

 He turned around to face me

“Yes Sir? Need anything?”

“I have a donut and coffee here. Have it.” I flashed him a smile.

“O-oh no thanks sir..”

“Ok.” I placed the donut and coffee at my table. “It’s chocobutternuut donut, I just want you to know.It’s his favourite. I smirked.

He walked back to my table and claimed the donut and coffee and bowed.

“Thank you sir!”

“You’re welcome.” I smiled.

 

 

After some minutes, Jongin entered my office. He sat on my couch and inspected some magazines piled at the coffee table.

 

“So what do you want from me?” He inquired while looking at the magazine.

“Why so dressed up?” I asked.

He faced me. “Why not? It’s a beautiful day.” He said with a smile.

“Ewe. Is that a smile? Ewe Jongin. You stopped by Kyungsoo’s café? Because I can see the love light shining on you.” I grimaced. He really is a coward. Not confessing his love for five years.

“Said someone who is in love with his secretary. Tsk.”Jongin whispered.

“Did you say something?”

“Nothing!” Jonging smiled.

But I’m sure he said something. Whatever.

“Grow some balls Jongin!” I said.

“I-I ju-just.. It’s not the right time okay?”

“So when? When is the right time? When we’re wrinkly and our hair turned to white?”

 “No. Can you just shut up? By the way, why did you call me? I’m busy you know.”

“Nothing? Just want someone to talk to.”

“You’re dumb.”

“You’re dumber.”

“I’ll go back to my office now, I need to sign some papers.”

“Okay loverboy!”

“Shut up!” He said as he walked out from my office.

 

 

                                                                                       

 

 

I can see the loneliness and joy in Chanyeol’s eyes. He’s really having a hard time coping with his feelings for his secretary. Who wouldn’t? If you’re in love with your secretary who has a girlfriend and you don’t even know if he’s gay or not. It’s certainly hard to handle.

I can feel that it’s not a talk he wants, it’s a talk.He’s hiding something from me, and he doesn’t know that I already know. Whenever I see his troubled face, I want to spill everything to him and comfort him.

And why is he not telling me that? Why is he not telling me that he’s in love with Baekhyun? I needed to observe him for months just to confirm my speculation. Aish!!! You stupid Park Chanyeol. Why did you even call me your cousin-slash-bestfriend if you’ll hide something form me.

But I know he has reasons why he can’t. I’ll just wait for him to tell me, and I’ll just support him without him even knowing.

Kyungsoo..

My poor Kyungsoo, loving someone who is inlove with someone who is not him. Oh! That’s also applicable for me. If Chanyeol is stupid, and Kyungsoo is more stupid, then what am I?

What a small world.

 

 

                                                                                         

 

 

I turned around and looked at the city from my glass wall. I really want my office because I can see the whole city from here. And when the night comes, it becomes magically beautiful. There are lights, many lights. I’m happy with my life. I can buy what I want. I have a nice car, I have friends, I can have everything it’s just... there’s something missing. And it makes me sadder to know who it is, and that he’s near and I can’t have him. He’s the only one I can’t have.

 

I grabbed the remote of the music player and pressed the play button.

 

I know something’s gone awry but I feel like going on
I know I could be wrong but I also could be right

 

From the start. I know this is not right. Many could be hurt. Him, his girlfriend, and myself. And now I chose to just hurt myself. I’ve been keeping this for a long time.

And I feel the earth is turning faster before I saw you there

I feel the sky is spinning lighter before I saw you there
And I see the things are not the same again
Cause you’re here cause you’re there cause you’re everywhere

I didn’t know that it was love. I thought it could just be an infatuation. So I let it be. Until it grows, and grows and grows… I should’ve stopped myself. I know... I should’ve. I didn’t stop. I loved you too much. Too much that it hurts.

Now I know how my times can be still in the way
Hope this could last until we find brighter days
I know how my times can be still in the way
I hoping this could last until we fade away

I know something’s gone awry but I feel like going on
I know I need to say good bye for I’m off for the brand new days with you

What will I do? I’m too captivated by you. You who is loving someone, you who I can’t be with. And if I continue, I know something may happen, and it’s not good. But it’s too late to stop. Too late…

Stupid Park Chanyeol.

And a teardrop falls…

Stupid…

 


 

 

This story is basically made by three authors. 

Me, and my two other freinds, Ge and Katie.

Chapter 1 made by yours truly

Song used in this chapter is You are everywhere by Baby Big Driver