Truth Spoken Out

The Lawyer and the Prosecutor

The whole courtroom was engulfed in awkward silence after Jongin's confession. Even Deokhwa was 'paralyzed' by his bravery and Eunji was shocked. She never thought Jongin liked her. Since her high school days, Eunji always thought she would be single forever due to her tough attitude and not being the wife material. "Jung Deokhwa ssi, I believe that you did and murder girls, specifically ages 15 to 19. You also sold illegal drugs to minors and blackmailed several powerful people. From the attack that you had done just now, I request life imprisonment since South Korea does not allow execution, Your Honor."said Sehun bravely, which gained everyone's attention. After a few minutes of deliberating, the jury handed the envelope which contains their answer to the judge and he declared,"I hereby declare Jung Deokhwa guilty and will be sent to life imprisonment." 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Eunji could not move. Not even an inch. "Was that a stupid decision that I made?"Eunji whispered while tears were falling down. "It's not. Don't feel bad. He deserves it. Wanna go to the pojangmacha across the street? I'm planning to bring Sehun and Hayoung."comforted Jongin. He had been sitting beside Eunji for two hours, comforting her. "Yeah. Sure. And what the hell was that cheesy line? Are you insane?"Eunji snapped. Jongin laughed and said,"Finally, Jung Eunji is back!". They took the elevator down to the lobby and was constantly teased by other people, dubbed as the "Lion and the Sheep" couple. Lion for Eunji due to being very scary and sheep for Jongin because he was so afraid of Eunji. They crossed the street and arrived at the pojangmacha. They saw Sehun and Hayoung had already reserved them seats and both of them were busy flirting with each other. "Stop flirting. It's so gross."Eunji greeted with a smug on her face. "We're NOT flirting!"Sehun and Hayoung denied simultaneously. "Oh puh-lease. You're cheeks are as red as tomato."Jongin said as he poured the soju(beer) into his cup. Eunji put her cup towards Jongin, signaling that she wanted a cup too. "Wanna do a couple shot?"suggested Sehun. They all agreed and did a couple shot. The night gets deeper and one by one, they started getting drunk. Hayoung was drunk after 5 shots of soju, which according to Eunji was very short. Sehun was next after 8 shots. Eunji and Jongin were the only ones left not in a drunken state after 10 shots. After 5 more shots, Eunji was drunk. "Jongin ah, am I stupid not to realize how handsome and kind you are? Am I so cold-hearted that I did not realize your good intentions? I-I think I fell in love with you."Eunji slurred drunkenly. Jongin was taken aback by Eunji's words. He never expect Eunji to be like this. But he also remembered Eunji was drunk, so it was impossible to tell if she was being really sincere with her feelings. Jongin decided not to have any more rounds of soju, and proceed to bring his friends home. He quickly flagged down a cab and asked the driver to go to Sehun's house. There, he requested the driver to wait for a few minutes, prmosing to pay extra cab fare. He pressed the elevator button with much difficulty and fortunately, the elevator was on the ground level. Jongin pushed Sehun and Hayoung and Eunji into the elevator and pressed the '12' button. Soon, the elevator arrived on the 12th floor and Jongin dragged Sehun and Hayoung and Eunji to Sehun's apartment. Being very close to Sehun, Jongin memorised his passcode and opened the door and pushed Sehun and Hayoung inside, not even caring to bring them to the living room. Jongin heaved a sigh and carried Eunji on his back. He rushed downstairs and to his luck, the cab driver was waiting patiently. He gave his address since he did not know Eunji's address to the driver and brought Eunji home with him. "Eunji ah, please tell me you really meant what you say a while ago."thought Jongin.