The Bittersweet Truth

The Lawyer and the Prosecutor

"Jung Deokhwa. I think I know him."Eunji muttered as she opened her Macbook Pro which was sitting on her desk. It was lunch break and she thought it was the best time to investigate further about Jung Deokhwa. "Didn't I mention him on the interview of becoming a lawyer?"asked Eunji to no one in particular.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Flashback*

-1 month before the interview*

"What should I fill in for the 'Father's name' box? I mean like, I had not seen my father since I was a baby. And mom clearly hates talking about him. I better don't ask her and just find the family registration."thought Eunji. Since her mother was not home, she sneaked into her mother's room and search through all her files. "There it is!"Eunji said in victory. 'Jung Deokhwa' was written on the 'Father' box and Eunji just copied it down without thinking twice.

-During the interview-

"Your father is Jung Deokhwa?"asked the interview, surprised. Eunji nodded and asked,"Is there something wrong?". The interviewer seemed hesistant to answer to Eunji's question and instead said in a low voice,"Child, no matter what or who is related to Jung Deokhwa, even if it is your best friend or your cousin, you should NOT talk to them." Eunji was confused and asked,"Why? I mean like, I had never met him in my whole life and my mom is divorced." The interviewer then quickly said,"We'll e-mail you your results. Have a good day!". He pushed Eunji out and quickly called the next interviewee.

*End of flashback*

"J-jung D-deokhwa i-is my i-ilegitimate father?"squeaked Eunji in disbelief. "Mianhae, Eunji ah."a voice said sadly. Eunji turned around and saw Jongin standing. He approached her and took a chair and sat down. "P-please, tell me it's just a nightmare I could wake up from, Jongin ah,"Eunji pleaded as she sobbed. "Why did you lie to me?! Why did you?"Eunji confronted Jongin while crying. "Eunji ah, we never thought Jung Deokhwa's case is coming up again. Your life will be in danger if you work on his case. Even though your mom divorced him, he has a picture of you. And we keep the fact that Jung Deokhwa is your father away from you is because you are living so happily right now we cannot bear to take away that happiness and replace it with the fact that a ruthless druglord is your father. We did this because we care about you."Jongin explained to Eunji. He pulled Eunji into a tight embrace. 

*5 minutes later*

"Here's the icepack."Eunji said and threw the icepack to Jongin. His cheeks were swollen because Eunji slapped him. "Life lesson: NEVER hug Jung Eunji under any circumstances. Even in a tsunami."Jongin thought. "When is the trial going to happen?"asked Eunji after taking a sip of her Frapuccino. "Tomorrow 10 am, on the 6th-. Wait, don't tell me you're gonna go there and beat up your fath-uh, Jung Deokhwa!"Jongin said in panic. "Don't worry, I'm not gonna do this. I just want to see him sent away in justice. Jongin ah, can you do me a favor?"asked Eunji. Jongin's heart beat shot up from 80 to 120. Eunji never called him 'Jongin ah'. Never. Not even once. "S-sure. What do you want?"replied Jongin. "Tomorrow, I need you to convince the judge to sent Jung Deokhwa to jail. At any cost. If you can't, I'm gonna put my pride aside, get on my knees and beg." Jongin nodded and looked at the clock. "It's 1 now, I better call. Duty calls."he said.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hi readers! I'm so sorry if this chapter is too short, but don't worry, next chapter will be interesting! And cheesiness will definitely be present! Thank you so much for supproting me! I have the whole story planned out well already so no worries! Thank you once again lovely readers! 

P.S: Can't wait for EXO's comeback! :):):)