"Knight" in a "Shining Armour"

The Lawyer and the Prosecutor

"'Wanna grab coffee later at Starbucks? I'll tell you how I can know about 'him'. Pick you up at 5~:)<3-Kim Jongin' Wow. Can't belive he got my number. And putting hearts. At least the deal is sweet."Eunji scoffed in disbelief and said while replying to his text, "'Yes. And don't even dare to put hearts on your texts again or I'm gonna put your heart in a coffin and bury it 4m deep.' Send!". "Oh unnie!"said Hayoung. Eunji jumped in surprise and accidentally dropped her phone. She quickly pick it up and lock its screen so that Hayoung would not see the content of the text. "H-hayoung ah! Don't surprise me like that!"scolded Eunji playfully, "Mianhae unnie. A while ago after lunch I checked our team's mailbox. There were letters from clients for me and the others but there was one for you. I mean it's strange that you would receive a letter because you don't have any case. I did bot open it though." Hayoung informed. She then handed a white envelope to Eunji and went back to her desk, hands busy typing on the keyboard. Eunji ripped the envelope open and pull out the paper that was neatly folded inside. The paper read:

17 January 2014

Jung Eunji:

I want you to handle my case. I heard from other people that you are a smart lawyer, just like your mom. I'm not impressed with my lawyer right now, and I think I need you so that I will not go to jail. You know the consequences well if you don't abide to my request, don't you? I know it's too late to change everything, but you're smart, and you know what to do. See you tomorrow at the trial.

Your father client,

Jung Deokhwa

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"He has no shame, does he? He even wrote 'father' on the paper and scratch it out and he doesn't seem like a father. What kind of father would tell his daughter 'you know the consequences well if you don't abide to my request'?!"Eunji complained to Jongin after he had finished reading the letter. "So...Are you going to help him?"asked Jongin. Eunji glared at him and snapped,"Of course not, pabo! And why am I sharing this to you instead of Hayoung?" Jongin then remarked,"It means that you trust me more than Hayoung, since I know that you know about 'him' and she doesn't. See? Use logic." "You told me to come here because you know some stuff about 'him', right?"asked Eunji, curiousity rising, "Right! So, when I was in senior high, my father was a judge and since my career path was law, One night before I go to sleep, I saw my dad talking to my mom about a druglord, which is 'him', and I decided to do a mini secret investigation. Articles about him popped up and of course, I was shock. The next day, the trial occured. 'His' lawyer argued that 'he' has a daughter who is still very young, around 1 years old. When asked about the baby's name, he said Jung Eunji. He pulled out a photograph and it was you when you were young. My father was clearly moved by the baby arguement, and so he declared 'him' not guilty. That's how I came to know about 'him'."Jongin explained. "My illegitimate father used me as a sympathy card. Wow. When was it?"Eunji said, clearly amused. "2008."Jongin replied, "How can the judge be so stupid?! He should've asked for my birthyear! How can I still be 1 years old when I was born in 1993?!"Eunji remarked. "Eunji ah, I have a question. May I...uh...be your... knight in a shining armour?"asked Kai?

*30 minutes later*

"Don't worry Mr Kim. Your arm is in a good condition. It's swollen but it would go down in 3 days. Just take this ointment everyday and your arm will be as good as new!"said the doctor. Earlier, when Jongin confessed to her, saying if he may be her knight in a shining armour, Eunji twisted his left arm and snapped,"Never in a million years, dumba**." "Eunji ah, it's the second time of the day you hit me!"Jongin complained "There, you're my 'knight' in a 'shining armour'." "Where are you going?! Shouldn't you be taking care of me?"asked Jongin, as Eunji was walking out of the room. "I'm going to the cafeteria because I know hospital food . And I'm taking care of you tonight. I said you're my 'knight in a shining armour' because you didn't get angry at me when I hit you. And I'm sorry for that."Eunji replied and pointed at his heart, saying,"You're heart is the shining armour, dummy."