Jung Eunji is Here!

The Lawyer and the Prosecutor

s""Eunji-ah, you've got a new case. Your client is here to meet you."told her best friend and fellow lawyer, Oh Hayoung. Hayoung was 3 years younger than Eunji and she was the complete opposite of Eunji. She's warm, kind, gentle and smart. Romour has it that Sehun harboured a crush on her but she brushed it off like it was nothing. "Sit down please."Eunji greeted her client monotonously without taking her eyes off her Macbook Pro screen. "Don't you think my face is more worth it to stare at than your computer screen?"a husky voice asked. Eunji looked up and said,"Kim Jongdae ssi, I would appreciate it if you would just shut your mouth up before I kick that thing of yours." Jongdae scoffed and said,"I don't think you will do that."

*5 minutes later*

"OUCHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! OH MY GOSH I BEG FOR YOUR MERCY!"cried Jongdae helplessly. Eunji smirked in victory and said,"Good. Now put that down on the chair and start answering whatever questions I ask you. Don't even dare to lie, because I guarantee you, you won't like the results." Jongdae nodded in horror and answered whatever Eunji asked honestly, afraid of getting kicked again. "But I did the crime, yet you did not defend me. It is the same as being a prosecutor!"Jongdae whined. Eunji looked at him in the eye and said,"When you confess you did it, your punishment will be lighter. Or even better, you don't have to go to jail. When you lie, your punishment will be heavier and there's no hope of not being thrown into prison. Which one is better? Truth or lie?". Jongdae shut his mouth up after hearing what Eunji said. "Meet me at the courtroom on the 6th floor tomorrow. 10 a.m. sharp. Don't even dare to be late."told Eunji. Jongdae nodded and ran away like a scared kid. "You are something, unnie."Hayoung complimented. 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"I did s-stabbed the victim, y-your H-honour."Jongdae timidly confessed after Eunji pinched him 5 times. "Well, in that case, Mr KIm, you will be sentenced to jail for 8 months. Trial dismissed."the judge concluded. "8 months are not so bad. Thanks, lawyer Jung."thanked Jongdae. Eunji just smiled a little and walked out of the courtroom. She was busy checking her file for another case she was going to handle when she accidentally bumped into a man in a prosecutor uniform. "Let me help you."a deep voice said. Eunji looked up and saw Jongin busy gathering her scattered files. "Gomapseubnida. I'll get going now."bowed Eunji. "Wait! Your shoelaces!"said Jongin. He bended down and neatly tie Eunji's light pink Converse and asked,"Why are you wearing sneakers to a trial?" "And why did you wear khaki pants to a trial?"asked Eunji back. She then turned back and started walking when Jongin yelled,"Shouldn't you be thanking me for tying your shoelaces?" "That's how I thank people. They point something peculiar from my outfit and I will point out something peculiar from their outfit and smile at them."

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Why is she not here?"whispered Jongin to Sehun. "I don't know. Maybe she's not assigned to this case. And, it's a thing to celebrate. Let's go to the pojangmacha across the street and have chimaek(chicken and beer)."Sehun answered happily. Jongin felt somehow disappointed. The trial did not go smoothly. The lawyer was confused and flustered and the arguement did not match with the current case at all. The judge was confused and had a hard time deciding. The arguement went on, with the prosecution team in lead. "Alright. I declare the defendant-" "Oops. Sorry. Wrong courtroom. Don't worry, the trial is staring again, so your client's fate had not been decided yet."said Eunji when she bursted into the courtroom. "I guess we're not celebrating."sighed Sehun in defeat. Jongin smiled at the sight of Eunji and the trial restarted. "Your Honor, my client was busy polishing her nails in the classroom during lunch break. At the same time, the victim was sitting by the window ledge, smoking. The victim saw my client and was panicking because she thought my client was going to report her to the principal, so she lost her balance and fell. The position she fell clearly shows that she indeed fell."Eunji argued. She then turned towards the victim who was going to give her statement and said,"Also, the victim is 15 years old, and she's in senior high now because she skipped two grades ahead, and is considered a minor, so she is not allowed to change her statement." After 3 rounds of arguement and the deliberation of the jury, the judge declared,"I declare the defendant, innocent".