We're Moving Out

The Forgotten Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The alarm rang and a hand stretch out from underneath the blanket and switches it off. Hyejin groans as she tossed over her bed. “Another day of school,” she thought in her mind. The weather has turned chilly. Hyejin shivers as she put on her robe, got out from her bed and head to the bathroom to clean up. 

 

~Hyejin's POV~

Hi. My name is Lee Hyejin. I’m 17 years old. I’m in my second year in high school. My blood type is A. I’m quite the shy and quiet girl in school. So I don’t really mix with a lot of students and I rarely had any friends. That is until I met this guy, Kyuhyun. I heard he's quite smart. He even won the grand prize in a Math Olympiad.

Anyways, we both met since freshmen. We became friends and then, our friendship turned into a relationship. Yep, that’s right. He became my boyfriend. People were surprised that I had a boyfriend.

 

Hyejin came out from the bathroom and put on her clean uniform. She enters the dining room. Her mother greeted her with a bowl of rice and lots of dishes. "Eat up while they’re hot, dear," said Mrs Lee. "Jalmukesumneda!" Hyejin said and ate her meal. In a few minutes, her younger sister, Hyerin, came and join the family for breakfast. "Good morning, Hyerin," Mrs Lee greet. "What’s for breakfast, omma?" asked Hyerin. "The usual. Rice with my home cooked meal," said Mrs Lee. Hyejin finishes up her meal first because she can't wait to get to school.

When she got to the gates, Kyuhyun was there and she will approach him. "Hey there, Hyejin." The two will always walk to class together, sit together for lunch, go to the same cram school and sometimes, they go to the library to study. They were never apart from each other, except for going home. 

However, one morning, Hyejin found boxes stacked up. "Omma?" Hyejin called. "Yes, dear?" Mrs Lee answered. "What’s with all the boxes stacked around the living room?" asked Hyejin. 

"Oh! We’re moving out," said Mr Lee. "Moving out? To a new house?" asked Hyejin. "No, dear. We’re moving out of the country. We're going to New York." 

"I'm going to work at the same company but it will be over there," said Mr Lee. Hyejin felt dumbfounded when she heard the news about moving out. "We're moving to another country? I haven't completed high school yet." 

"I know, dear. But your father made an agreement with the company to work there by next year. We have to pack up early. After your exams, we will leave. Your father has bought a nice big house to live in," Mrs Lee explain to her daughter. "That way, we won't have to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter