Chapter Six

'Twas only a Dream
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Young Master, we will be heading for your date,” one of his bodyguards bowed and opens the door for him.

He rolled his eyes and had to silently curse for the randomness of his parents. He has plans already when he gets back to his unit but here comes his first try at dates. He got inside and started typing a message for his friends. In less than a minute, their replies came flooding in.

“Really? Man! Good luck then!” – Xiumin

“Need help?” – Luhan

“Yifannie is dating!:p” – Baekhyun

“Finally!” – Fei

“How does she look like?” – Tao

“Good luck.” – Kyungsoo

He typed his reply and pockets his phone. Later, his phone rings again. He picks up his earphone and received the call.

“Where are you heading?” Luhan asks from the other line.

“Why do you ask?” he replies instead.

“We’ll back you up, idiot,” Luhan hissed.

“Call me idiot and I will shut down my phone,” he replies, chuckling from the urgency of Luhan’s voice.

“Cut that crap! Now tell me,” Luhan insists.

“I’ll just send it to you,” then he ends the call. He turns to his bodyguards and asks about the address before he sends it to Luhan.

When he arrives on the restaurant, he was led to an exclusive room. There he waited for about half an hour for his first date. When his patience cannot stretch furthermore, he stood and left a bill on the table. A lady in blue dress suddenly opens the door and gets inside looking like she ran a mile.

“I’m sorry!” she blurted out, apologizing immediately.

“No need, I don’t have plans anyways to exchange words on a late comer,” then he left the lady gaping at him.

 

“Sir, why are you already leaving? The Young Miss has just arrived,” his bodyguard greeted him as he walks on to the waiting car.

“You know how short my patience right?” he arched an eyebrow and opened the passenger’s door.

As their car moves on the highway, he receives a message from Luhan.

“That girl just ditched your thirty minutes for another blind date. Quite a timer already.” – Luhan

He chuckles at the message and pockets the phone.

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

He was surprised to see his mother waiting for him on his unit.

“You’re early,” his mother arched a perfect brow, putting down the magazine she is reading on the table.

“She was thirty minutes late. You know how I hate waiting,” he replies, moving near her to give her a kiss in the cheek.

“Then I must inform her parents about that attitude,” his mother nods as he settles on the space beside her, leaning on the sofa.

“Mother, do you really have to do this?” he asks, closing his eyes for a while.

“This is just to ensure your future. Is it stressing you much?” she turns to look at him.

“Would you want an honest opinion?” he asks.

“If you insist, then yes,” his mother replies.

“It is not just stressing me, it suffocates me actually.”

 

His statement did not elicit any answer from his mother.

“Do you have someone already?” his mother asks after a while.

“If I have one, would it even matter for father?”

“At least you know what kind of girl qualifies the standard. You know the type the whole clan will approve. Is there something wrong with her?”

“Just a tiny bit of problem actually,” he pulls himself up.

“What is it?”

He just sighs, “Why are you here anyway?’ he asks instead.

His mother didn’t press him furthermore. She knows that once he asks another question, the previous topic is done, a trait he inherited from his father.

“I want to know how it was on your first date, but since you came home earlier, I guess I have to wait for the second one. Would you want me to cook for you before I go home?” she asks.

“No need Mother; you should just rest.”

 

When his Mother had left, he picks up his bag and went to his room to get a good sleep for tomorrow.

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

Fridays were always at his studio. The said studio is the top room of the building designed according to his specifications and of his friends’ hobby as well. The door opens on a small balcony overlooking the whole room, with seven steps down.

It has a mini bar counter with a mini kitchen behind it for Xiumin who loves to make coffees and short meals for them. The cupboards were always

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter