Chapter Twenty One

'Twas only a Dream
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A 5K update! 

 

The smell of fried eggs wafted into her senses as she opens a sleepy eye. The outside world is cloudy with a few dark clouds; the sun nowhere in sight. She feels lazy getting up but the grumble of her stomach made her pull herself. 

The event last night crosses her mind again which made her blush. ‘I had been blushing ever since I became aware of his presence,’ she thought, letting a smile bloom on her lips.

“I already have a boyfriend,” she whispers and giggles after a while.

Her stomach grumbled again from the smell of food. She pats her stomach, “Why do you have to ruin my moment?” she whispers as she finally abandons the comfort of the bed. She slipped on the spare slippers provided for her. When she arrives by the kitchen way, he saw him busy preparing the table. She decided to lean on the far end of the counter where he could least see her.

She watches him place a large bowl at the middle of the table and soon followed by some plates of food. He then grabs two bowls, chopsticks and two spoons. Her stomach grumbled again which made her groan.

He heard her and spotted her from where she is.

“Would you like coffee, milk or orange juice?” he smiles as he moves near the fridge.

“Orange juice please,” she replied, finally entering the dining area.

“So what did you prepare?” she looks at the food laid on the table which makes watery already.

“I made some stir-fried rice with bits of veggies, sunny side-up, some pancakes, a bowl of chicken soup, and instant noodles with bits of chicken, spices and veggies,” he presented.

“So much for a heavy breakfast,” she then occupied the seat on the left.

“You look so frail so I thought of starting your day with these,” he said as he occupies his seat as well.

“Do I really look frail?” she stopped midway as she was about to pick up her chopsticks.

He gave a sheepish nod.

“Oppa, the fact that I look like this doesn’t mean I am frail already,” she smiles, then blushes when she remembers what she had just addressed him.

When they had started the meal, Kris soon stops as he finds it amusing to watch her eat like there’s no tomorrow. Although you could still see the grace in her mannerism, the fact that she had been filling her bowl thrice already made him chuckle.

She spared him a look, swallowing first before speaking, “Do I look weird now?”

“No; I am just wondering how come you don’t gain a few pounds when you eat like that,” he picks up his spoon, “No offense meant,” he added then resumes on his meal.

“My parents were worried as well when they observed my way of eating. They had me checked up for the fear that I may have mild anorexia nervosa. Funny to know that I am completely fine although my metabolism is quite fast than the usual.”

There was silence.

“How did you learn to cook for your own?” she asks, voicing out her suppressed curiosity.

“My Nana taught me the basics when I was still nine; whenever Father and Mother are not around. She would bring me along the kitchen and let me watch her do the cooking and would even ask me to help her. When I finally moved in here three years ago, I took up cooking classes so that would explain why I know how to these,” he replies, smiling fondly at the memory.

“Your future wife is so lucky,” she whispers; admitting the fact that the relationship they are into is still vague and full of uncertainties in the near future.

He got the underlying message of her words even though she tries to whisper it.

“Yes, you are lucky,” he replied, watching her get flushed as she stares at him with wide eyes before resuming on her food.

After clearing all the food in the table, she lets out a small burp which made him smile. ‘Why that is everything she does looks so cute?’ he thought as she down her glass of juice.

“Would you want to stretch a bit to let that metabolism of yours work?” he offers after a few moments of silence.

“What are we going to do?” she asks.

“You are comfortable with me around now; I like that,” he then stands up, “Let’s go up on our studio.”

“Studio? What kind of studio?” she asks, reaching for his laid out hand.

“You will see,” he held her hand, giving it a light squeeze.

“But what about the dishes?” she looks back at the messy table.

“I’ll work on that later, come on now,” then pulls her before she can protest.

He led her outside his unit to the stairs at the far left end of the hallway. “Can’t we use the elevator?” she asks as they move up the stairs.

“It’s just upstairs, besides we only use the elevator if we are from the ground floor,” he replies and soon stops on a door. He types in the code and the door opens with a hiss. He allowed her to go on first as she slowly pushed the door open.

It opens up on a small balcony where another platinum door is situated adjacent to the door where they came from. She took cautious steps forward till she reaches the railings of the said balcony.

Down the seven-step stairs is a wide space, occupying the whole length of the floor building. It was neatly arranged with things properly situated on certain locations of the said floor.

“Let’s get down,” he then holds her hand as he slowly guides her down the steps. She marveled at the place which really looks like a good place to hang out. She slowly retrieves her hand as he finally allows her to explore.

The very first space that she moves into is where the large flat screened TV.

“You have a complete set here even with amplifiers and CD’s,” she noted as she picks up one of the three remote control, wondering which one will turn on if she uses it.

“This space is for Kyungsoo, Baekhyun and Luhan’s singing cravings. They love to sing and sometimes play games. The game controller is on the drawer down there,” he pointed over the lone drawer below the TV.

“No wonder they really do good when we perform or practice,” she replied with a smile as she finally puts down the remote.

Opposite the said space is a small bar counter with some more equipment behind it. “Who owns that space?” she pointed.

“That is Xiumin’s space,” he gestures her to move on, “He likes to cookand prepares short meals for us as well. We both took up the cooking classes but he is more into beverages, especially coffee making,” he added.

She then moves to the next space adjacent to Xiumin’s where there is a single open shelves filled with rubics cube and a large white single L-shaped leather couch.  “Who owns this space?” she asks, reaching for a cube.

“That is for the pretty boy,” he replied, moving to lean on the couch.

“Luhan?” she asks.

“Yeah. He loves those cubes and collects them. I cannot blame him for he is sure good in solving them,” he added.  The sight of her curious face moving around the studio brought a smile into his face once again.

She then moves opposite Luhan’s space where a table is located. There is also a shelf with four compartments filled books near the lone cabinet on the said space. “I presume this is for Fei?” she smiles at him.

“How did you know?” he arcs an eyebrow.

“Because this is the only space where you will see the color pink,” she chuckles, pointing at the hanging small pink bulletin board on the cabinet.

“She loves to read; sometimes she would pester Luhan who is sleeping on his couch or join Kyungsoo and Baekhyun singing; or if she is really bored, she would disturb Tao who is meditating or practicing his Wushu skills over there,” he pointed the space adjacent to Fei’s.

It looks quite unique for the walls around it are filled with square cushions of different colors, so as the floor. “What are those cushions for?”

“For him not to hurt himself. There’s a trampoline as well underneath one part of the floor, I am not so sure where,” he rubs the back of his neck as they are left with one last space.

“Since you had provided me information about their spaces, I presume that last one to be yours?” she pointed to where his desk is located. There are drawings and other paper pasted on the walls of the said corner. The drum set is located just near his desk with the guitar sitting on the drum set’s chair.

She approaches the said space and observes the drawing stuck on the walls. “Are you into abstract painting?” she asks, turning to look at him.

“It hurts to hear even that one from you,” he replies, letting out a loud sigh.

“Why? What do you mean?” she suddenly became alarmed by his reply.

“Never mind,” he chuckles, trying to assure her.

“You play the drums and the guitar too?” she asks, checking out the cymbals of the drum set, “Or you play because I play these as well?” she asks again, remembering the secret room last night.

“I tried learning them, but I guess it is just not in my blood to play those,” he sighs, remembering his struggles. She let out a laugh, “I can help you learn them again,” moving near him.

“Thank you but no need; I had already quit that one,” he smiles back, pulling her by the waist.

She then notices the grand piano in the middle of the room.

“How about that piano?” she asks, looking up at him.

“That’s the newest additional, just last year. It is for Baekhyun’s new found talent,” he replies, pulling her even closer to hold her.

“You are so lucky to have friends like them,” she mumbles feeling comfortable about him holding her like that.

“Why are you suddenly being emotional? You have friends too, you even have Chanyeol,” he tries to look at her face, but she just burrowed it on his chest.

“I may have friends, but I never had a real friend.”

That surely caught him off guard. For someone like her, it’s impossible to have close friends since she is just so friendly and approachable. He underestimated her popularity for something that will bring her real friends.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t know it,” he whispers, rubbing her back for comfort.

“Chanyeol is another story. He is attached to me for some private reasons which I hope you understand if I will not tell it as of now,” she replies, suddenly feeling sleepy.

“I understand,” he replies, slowly swaying her, “And you sound sleepy,” he chuckles which made her smile.

She parted, yet remains in his hold; just to look up at him, “I once had close friend, but unfortunate circumstances made us part,” she said, slowly reaching up to touch his face.

“Have you had any girlfriend before?” she absent-mindedly asked, voicing out her thoughts.

A handsome smile blooms on his face rendering her weak in the knees, “If you don’t count Fei as a girlfriend and mean the other girlfriend, then no, I never had a real girlfriend.”

Her eyes widened, “You mean … “ she let the phrase hanging.

“Yes, you are my first girlfriend,” he continues her thought. “Why? Am I not your first?” he asks.

A blush colors her cheeks, “You are my first actually.”

“But I am sure that I am one of the countless suitors you had right?” he asks again.

She gave a nod but is only rewarded with a kiss on her forehead.

“Let’s go and let you freshen up so I can send you home,” he parted and pulls her to the exit.

--------------

As much as she insists, he is still determined to send her home so she was left with no choice but to let him do so.

Right a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter