(Side Story)

Let's Play Fair!

 S i d e S t o r y # 0 1: "L o v e L e t t e r"

Second year, section A.

Youngji sat under the tree near the school's football field. It was a bright afternoon, and she decided that one good way to spend the time was by writing a special letter for an equally special someone.

Dear Mark Tuan...

Youngji bit her lip as she tried thinking of what to write next. She carefully adjusted her pink pad paper on her lap so that she could write better. She turned to look at the fields, and there she saw the person she was writing the letter for.

Mark Tuan was playing football with his friends, his newfound friends to be exact. He had a warm smile on his face as he ran after the soccer ball.

Since the day you came to our school, my life started to become more worthwhile. You inspire me to go to school everyday, to study harder, and to do my best in everything.

Youngji sighed after writing the first few sentences, "What should I put next?" it was her first time doing a love letter for a guy. And because she was doing something like that, Youngji was sure she was already falling deeply for Mark.

I am one of the crowd. Even though we are classmates, I know you don't even know my name. We always see each other in school, but you just pass me by like the wind...

Youngji took a quick glance at Mark again, still playing soccer in the fields with his friends.

I am not special. Compared to you, I'm just like a small stone in a really wide road. While you're like a precious gemstone in a sea of rocks. That's how special you are to me.

"Ah, wouldn't this be too cheesy?" Youngji hummed under her breath as she tried to think of what to write next.

Mark, your presence is enough to make me weak. I know that might sound too clichè, but it's true. Every time I see you, I try to avert my eyes away from you. I don't want you to see me looking at you; that would be embarrassing.

Youngji was already feeling her heart beat faster.

Your smile is so precious. You are so friendly, and welcoming, and kind, and... and all of the other nice adjectives you can think of. I die every time I see you smile. And I want you to keep that smile forever.

"Hey! Over here!" Youngji heard Mark's voice. She quickly turned to look and saw Mark calling out to one of his friends. He was already sweating, and his uniform was already dirty. But he still looks good.

I admire you for being 'perfect'. You're very smart, you're athletic, and you're very talented. I am quite surprised to see someone like you to exist. No wonder there are lots of girls crushing on you right now... including me.

"Including me," Youngji let the words slip out of bitterly.

Mark Tuan was too popular to like someone like her, she thought to herself. She held her pen tighter, asking herself why she kept on liking someone who will never like her back.

Youngji sighed, "Why do I love torturing myself?"

With a disappointed look on her face, Youngji stood up, placed her letter inside her bag, before walking to leave.

Unbeknownst to her, someone from the field was watching her all along.

"Hey, Jackson, what are you looking at?" Mark asked before kicking the ball towards him, "You're looking at a tree?" he snickered.

"Huh?" Jackson gave him a confused look, "No, it's nothing. Let's just continue with the game," he responded, before kicking the ball towards the goal. He started running towards it, but he stopped for a moment to look back where he was looking a while ago.

Jackson saw Youngji slowly walking away, until she disappeared from his sight.

___

 

Hi guys! I am currently saving up KP to have this story advertised. But yeah, I know it's impossible for me to do this alone. So, I've decided to do something for you guys in exchange of KP. I'd be willing to do posters and background requests for your stories in exchange of 10 KP. Yes, you read that right. I'll do poster + banner for 10 KP. Just send in the details thru PM, and when I finish your request, please send 10 KP to me as payment. I am very grateful for you guys for reading and supporting this fic of mine, and when this gets advertised, we can all spread the same love we have for Jackji to the other readers. ;) Thank you very much!