ooo8 — 2Jae/JJ Project

GOT7 Drabbles and Oneshots

Title: The Seven Minute Trip

Pairing/s: 2Jae/JJ Project

Genre: Angst, Character death

Description: Before humans die completely, their memories play in their minds like a movie for seven minutes. And it seems like Jaebum was having a trip to Memory Lane.

 

I actually made this with JJP as the main pairing in mind but then, Youngjae happened. This has a (a bit) happy ending though. At least for me. 'Don't know about you. XD

 

 


 

2Jae/JJP1

 

 

It's dark. Too dark. Jaebum could see nothing but the pitch black that taunted him. He tried to move but a searing pain from his chest instantly attacked him, rendering him helpless. He was barely breathing, the task that he had always been doing since the day he was born seemingly difficult now. There were voices around him, voices that were foreign to him, but he couldn't bring himself to care.

There was only one voice he would like to hear, even just for one last time.

 

 

 

First minute.

 

"Jaebummie-hyung?"

Jaebum looked up from his statistics assignment that was getting on his nerves to his boyfriend of two months, Youngjae, who was standing behind him. The younger was sporting a bright smile that made Jaebum's heart thump loudly against his ribcage.

"Yes, Youngjae-ah?"

Youngjae's beam turned sheepish.

"Nothing. I just miss you." Youngjae admitted as he gave Jaebum a backhug that instantly relaxed Jaebum. Jaebum cooed as he held Youngjae's hand that was locked on his chest in place.

"I miss you too. Even if we're together."

 

 

 

Jaebum felt something soft, alien yet welcomed, press on his lips and the next thing he knew, oxygen was being forced inside his lungs.

 

 

 

Third minute.

 

Youngjae's brows were furrowed in concentration, attention solely on his handprints and lectures. It was finals week and Youngjae was hellbent on passing, too determined that he even refused his favorite choco ball Jaebum bought for him. Jaebum pouted a bit at the rejection, trying to come up of a way to get Youngjae's undivided attention.

"Youngjae-ah," The addressed boy hummed in response but for Jaebum, it was not enough. Call him foolish but he was starting to get jealous of papers. He just wanted his lover to look at him.

"Youngjae-ah," He whined, and that finally caught Youngjae's interest. With a raised brow, Youngjae met his eyes.

"What?"

Jaebum extended an arm to Youngjae with a choco ball in between his fingers, offering it to the busy male. It touched Youngjae's lips but before the boy could devour it, Jaebum pulled it back and brought it to his own mouth. He kissed the offending sweet before eating it whole, all the while staring at Youngjae's reddening face. Youngjae huffed.

"Jerk."

Jaebum laughed heartily and it got them kicked out of the library but all in all, Jaebum was contented and happy. He got Youngjae's prized attention, after all.

 

 

 

The ache was not reducing and Jaebum wished it would all just end. He wanted the person yelling out mister, damnit it, please breathe! to stop because he wanted to put the period on everything already. His lungs rejected the air and he rejected the aid wordlessly.

 

 

 

Fifth minute.

 

Youngjae was shaking. Jaebum's heart was breaking.

"I thought you love me." Youngjae bitterly murmured as the first tear fell, followed by the second, third, until Jaebum lost count. Every drop made Jaebum die a little inside.

"But I do! I love you! Whatever she's been telling you were all bull! We never slept together—"

"Stop it! Stop lying!" Youngjae screamed as he threw a polaroid to Jaebum. It hit the older's shoulder before it dropped to the ground, and Jaebum kneeled to retrieve it.

It was a photo of him and a girl he just met on the party Jackson invited him into. He was asleep and his bare torso was on display, while the girl had the blanket covering her s as she posed for the camera. Jaebum couldn't even remember how it happened, but he was sure that nothing ual happened between him and the girl in the picture. And now, how will he explain to Youngjae an event that he himself couldn't fully recall?

"Youngjae..."

Youngjae's fists balled.

"Let's break up."

"No," Jaebum firmly responded, standing and holding Youngjae's shoulder in a vice grip, as if he was a mirage that's going to fade once Jaebum let go. "No!" He repeated, stronger this time as Youngjae struggled to be free.

"Let me go!" Youngjae yelled angrily, petite figure thrashing against Jaebum. "Youngjae, please!" Jaebum begged desperately, hugging Youngjae close to him but Youngjae's decision never faltered.

"I said let go!"

Youngjae managed to push him off and immediately took the chance to sprint away, and Jaebum watched the love of his life run and get hit by a fast vehicle.

 

 

 

Jaebum remembered screaming when Youngjae's body got thrown like a rag doll, remembered dying when Youngjae's heart stopped beating.

Jaebum wished to die. There was nothing waiting for him anyway but sadness, grief, pain, suffering. Youngjae was gone; six feet bellow the ground where Jaebum's heart was buried with him.

"Mister, please! There are people who loves you! People who are going to love you!"

Jaebum scoffed. There's no one. He's gone.

"But I'll always be here."

That voice...

"I know the truth now. I regret everything. If only..." The voice trailed, unable to continue, before sighing. "But nothing's going to change now. And I want you to move on. I'll give you a present; someone who you're compatible with— more compatible than you and me."

But I don't want anyone else—

'"You're only saying that now." The voice chuckled. "I'm your soulmate but he is your destiny. Fate is twisted, but that's life. We adjust."

It was silent for a few seconds, Jaebum absorbing everything said to him and as much as he hate it, he knew that Youngjae was right. Jaebum was left with no choice. Fine. But I'll still love you.

"Of course, I will always have a special spot in your heart."

Jaebum couldn't agree more.

"Good bye, Jaebummie-hyung. I love you."

 

Seventh minute.

 

Jaebum's heart started pumping normally as he inhaled, eyes slowly opening. He was greeted by the sight of his the vast sky, suddenly recalling how he went to the beach because they used to go there together. The blue waters looked so inviting and he slowly walked onto it, and the next thing he knew, he was suffocating.

Jaebum sighed heavily. He looked around, blinking rapidly due to the harsh saltiness of the sea and the sun. Then his eyes landed on the person beside him, a young staff of 119*. There were also people shuffling around them but the male with sparkling eyes was all he could see.

"Thank goodness!"

The boy grinned in relief, the corners of his eyes wrinkling adorably and Jaebum could feel his heart pumping with something different.

Ah, so this was Youngjae's gift.

 

 

 

 

 

— おわり

 

 


 

*I'm not really sure if the emergency number in Korea was 119 but whatever. This is just a fic anyway. XD

I just edited this a bit a while ago but I'll still edit this in the future if I have something better in mind.

This was inspired by that 7-minutes fact and a story in Wattpad I have read years ago (but I could still recall).

 

'Ditched class so I can laze around the dorm and update/read/watch. LOL. Follow my ways if you want to fail in class, okay? XD