oo17 — MarkJae

GOT7 Drabbles and Oneshots

Title: Of Insecurities and Eavesdropping

Pairing: MarkJae

Genre: Fluff (I tried)

Description:One night of free time in the dorm made Youngjae entertain his insecurities.

 

Oh, look! It's me again. LOLOLOL~

Fun fact: This was done way before I even started the previous JackBam chapter. I'm hopeless when it comes to JackBam. OTL

This is short, just 806 words, but I really can't think of any way to prolong this. And I want to be precise. I just hope this satisfies you, suesulong-ssi. Thank you very much for your request. :D

 

Curse words ahead, as usual.

 

 


 

 

 

ah, mark oppa is so handsome ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

so adorable!! :3

waaahh, i wanna take him home lol!

he's perfect!!! <3 <3 <3

 

Youngjae locked his phone and heaved a breath. They were free of schedule that day and he spent almost half of it by reading the fans' comments on Mark's Instagram uploads. He couldn't help but agree with them, of course, who wouldn't? It was a good thing, how much love his boyfriend was recieving from everyone despite his quiet attitude. He doesn't envy Mark, no, it wasn't the reason for his sigh.

 

It was at moments like this that he felt inferior compared to Mark.

 

The fans were right, Mark was perfect. He could rap, his deep voice was lovely to hear. He was the main dancer, soft yet powerful and agile. Whenever Mark somersaulted, it was as if he was weightless, as if he could control the gravity to his will, make it slow motion and it was beautiful. Mark could also sing. Oh, how he could. On the top of it all, Mark was handsome and smart.

 

What was little Youngjae even doing with someone like that?

 

He lied on the futon he shared with Jaebum and stared on the white ceiling for who knows how long, degrading himself, when the door creaked open. He expected it to be the leader so he rolled his body on his side of the mattress automatically. But it was the person who occupied most of his thoughts everyday, the one who had him conscious about himself when he used to not.

 

"Youngjae?" Mark spoke with that deep tonality of his that always stirred things inside Youngjae. Youngjae sat up, tucking away his negative thoughts to keep his expression bright. "Yes, hyung?"

 

The older fidgeted a bit, blinking fast and biting his lower lip, a habit of nervousness. Youngjae titled his head and frowned in confusion. "Is everything okay? Do you need anything?" He asked before standing up. He walked towards Mark so he could reassure the other by holding his hand. Mark squeezed it, trying to extract some courage from Youngjae's warmth.

 

"Youngjae, have you ever thought of dumping me?"

 

It was Youngjae's turn to blink. "Uh, what?"

 

Mark exhaled audibly and pulled Youngjae out. He led them to his and Jackson's room that was currently empty since Jackson was hanging out in the maknaes' room with the others, playing with Coco. He let Youngjae's hand go in favor of climbing up to the double deck he shared with Jackson and Youngjae followed him once he was settled.

 

"Okay," Youngjae drawled uncertainly, anxious. He gazed at Mark who found the wall suddenly interesting. "Why did you asked me that?" 'Don't you know that it was I who should be asking?'

 

"I just--" Mark began playing with his fingers. The movement caught Youngjae's attention and it was distracting, so he took a hold of the hands, both this time, for it to stop. Mark unconsciously pouted, his brows furrowing slightly.

 

"I think I don't deserve you."

 

Wow. Okay. Youngjae hadn't expected that.

 

"Wait, what?"

 

Mark wanted to stomp his foot on the ground childishly but they were sitting so he did it mentally instead. Youngjae was so dense. How could he not notice?

 

Notice just how perfect he was?

 

His voice was flawless, angelic. He only trained for months but he could already dance. He was a genius, a natural talent. And he was effortlessly cute, charming his way to their fans' heart with his adorable awkwardness, charming his was to Mark's heart.

 

What did Mark do to have that?

 

Mark was nothing but a selfish boy who felt like he wasn't worthy of Youngjae but still kept the younger beside him because he loved him too much. He was afraid that if he ever let go, Youngjae would fall for another and it was painful.

 

Mark was a coward.

 

"Don't you see? I'm nothing compared to you. I--"

 

"Don't," Youngjae held up a finger, interrupting Mark. "Don't you dare continue that sentence. How could you tell me such things? Don't you know that it was I that should be saying it? You're--" Then Youngjae paused, an idea popping in his mind.

 

Was Mark's line of thought the same as his?

 

The realization made him laugh. Mark doesn't understand, evident on his expression, but Youngjae doesn't expect him to anyway.

 

"You know what, hyung? Let's just forget about everything. Forget about your insecurities, forget about mine."

 

"Yeah, because what matters is your feelings for each other, you stupid little s." Youngjae and Mark simultaneously turned to Jaebum who was leaning on the open door casually.

 

"So stop thinking too much, you two. You're just adding stress in your lives." Jinyoung quipped as he passed by, not even looking at them. A collection of agreeing hum followed his remark, the sound coming from the living room making the couple realize something.

 

"WERE YOU ALL EAVESDROPPING ON US?!"

 

 

 

 

 

-- End

 

 


 

Okay. That was short. One insecure Youngjae for suesulong-ssi. I just hope it's okay that I also made Mark insecure as a little plot twist?

 

/sighs at the failure that was me