oo1o — MarkJae

GOT7 Drabbles and Oneshots

Title: Unlabeled

Pairing: MarkJae

Genre: Fluff, highschool!au, a little bit of humor (just squint your eyes)

Description: They have something yet they're nothing. Mark's desperate for answers and Youngjae is adorable.

Warning/s: Curse words and mentions of ual activities (though not detailed, aww).

 

Song used was Some by Jungigo and Soyou. I apologize if this took an eternity (a.k.a 1 month and 9 days, not that I calculated it or anything). A lot had happened in my life, such as dropping out of school, getting hospitalized, lazing around, etc. So I'm really, really, sorry, kimminah89-ssi. If there's anything you would like to change in the story, feel free to notify me and I'll change it according to your taste. ^^

This was just born last night so it's unedited (like every single one of my stories /gets bricked). Please be considerate regarding every errors.

 

I'm not contented with this so.

 

I might change everything later on. LOL.

 


 


 

MarkJae1

 

 

There had always been something different from the start.

Ever since their hands touched for a sly yet friendly handshake, there was a spark peculiarity, new yet welcomed.

Mark— who was known as a silent type and mysterious among his acquaintances, someone who dislike flings— doesn't even know how everything came to be. All he could recall were the various evasive lights, the heavy bass, a mop of beautiful raven hair and a pretty mole below the right eye— it was where all escalated.

Oh, there was also a kiss. With a lot of tongues. Then they were and when Mark woke up, Choi Youngjae was beside him.

Choi Youngjae.

The boy, who was two years younger, that he had met through Im Jaebum, his classmate and roommate.

The boy he had been secretly liking after two weeks of knowing.

The boy who had been giving him signals that he might or might not be misinterpreting.

At that moment, Mark panicked. Would their friendship change?

Did he lose the boy he liked?

He weighted down his options: run or confess. He would be a total jerk if he choose the first choice. Confess? So that Youngjae won't feel used (since Mark knew that the younger was a , and was just too intoxicated that he allowed Mark to take advantage on him)? But how would he accept it and move on if Youngjae rejects him?

At that moment though, as he stared at how perfect the sunlight illuminated Youngjae's face, his single-lidded eyes blinking innocently, Mark realized that making Youngjae feel better was more important. His swollen lips parted, the words of love ready to be voiced out when Youngjae smiled.

And acted like it never happened.

Mark was conflicted if it was a good thing or not. On one hand, he was relieved that nothing was damaged in their relationship. On the other, he was disappointed because if things had coursed for the better, then maybe he and Youngjae were an item now.

Initially, Mark had settled that yes, it was for the best that Youngjae acted as he was before that night (of passion, as Mark would always thought after shut up). But now, as he looked at how comfortable Youngjae and Kunpimook were across him, whispering things and laughing on inside jokes that made Mark feel like they were on their own universe, he wished he should have just stayed in his dorm room and never attended Jackson's birthday party in a club (illegally, of course) at all.

Because that feeling of something different when they first met worsen after that night (of passion, yeah).

Whenever there were only the two of them, Youngjae's talkative nature would tone down, as if he didn't know what to say to Mark when he was usually full of tales. He would turn shy and would blush at the smallest skin contact with the older, the tiniest hint of a crush (or Mark could also be misunderstanding this part).

Within their group, Youngjae would talk to all of them, share stories with his high pitch voice everyone admires and chortle loudly. But his eyes held a glint of something whenever their gazes would meet fleetingly, and it darkens every time Jinyoung's head would rest on his lap. It was as if Youngjae was warning him, wordlessly saying he's off limits and it was confusing.

 

These days, it feels like you’re mine, it seems like you’re mine but not

It feels like I’m yours, it seems like I’m yours but not

 

Mark wouldn't say it was unfair on his part though.

Because he was the same.

Whenever Youngjae was near but his attention was on someone else, Mark would link his pinkie on Youngjae's. And Mark knew that Youngjae knew if him squeezing the finger back wasn't any indication.

Those were all before.

Now, Youngjae would be sharing anything and everything with Mark even if it was only the two of them. Youngjae even started sitting beside him that Jinyoung had lost his chances of ever doing skinships with Mark (except when Youngjae was not around).

And Mark's frustration doubled because just what are we? There weren't any verbal assurances as to what they really were and it was driving him to insanity. The late night and early morning messages, the chaste pecks that never failed to surprise him, the holding hands at the mist unexpected times. What do they mean? Or rather...

Do they mean anything?

 

... I’m confused, don’t be aloof

It feels like we’re lovers, it seems like we’re lovers but not

Whenever you see me, you act so vague to me

 

"Mark-hyung!"

Youngjae's cheerful voice filled his senses and a smile automatically formed on his face. But he had decided.

Today, I confront him.

 

I want a clear sign but I forget all about it when I see your smile

 

"Is there something wrong, hyung?" Youngjae questioned, confused as to why Mark's smile faded to be replaced with knitted brows and an albeit gaping mouth.

"I... Youngjae, are you— I mean... uhh..."

"Hyung?"

"... Never mind."

Mark closed his eyes.

That was the problem; his resolve always crumbled whenever he was face to face with Youngjae.

But there has never been a problem solved through cowardice, right?

So with a deep breath, he opened his eyes and caught Youngjae staring at him— particularly, on his lips. His insides went into frenzy, especially when their eyes made a contact and Youngjae's pale complexion reddened beautifully.

"Y-Youngjae—"

"Youngjae-ah!"

No. . No. Not now. Not now, please—

"Oh, hey Mark!"

With great effort, Mark summoned a very wide and a very fake grin. "Hey, Jackson." He acknowledged, glaring as discreetly as possible to the most oblivious boy in the world who, of course, didn't noticed. Jackson even slung an arm around Youngjae's shoulder.

"So, this Saturday, are you free?" Jackson asked Youngjae as if Mark doesn't exist in front of them. It infuriated Mark more.

No, er. He's not free. He's Youngjae and he's mine.

"Why, hyung?"

"I wanted to ask you out since—"

Mark cleared his throat, interrupting Jackson.

you Wang, youyouyou—

The duo turned to him and unable to find anything to say, he opted to exit. He didn't want to be there once Youngjae decided to accept Jackson's invitation.

"I just remembered that I still have classes. See you guys later." He muttered without looking at them in the eyes. He had already turned around when a hand on his wrist prevented him from taking a step further. He didn't look back though, due to childishness. If he wants Wang, so be it.

"Sorry, Jackson-hyung. But I don't think Mark-hyung would like that, and I don't like upsetting my boyfriend."

Mark blinked.

Jackson blinked.

What.

"WHAT?!"

 

 

 

Youngjae was well aware of his alcohol tolerance so he was still pretty much sober when he was watching Mark move on the dance floor. However, he wasn't aware that the alcohol would be able to give him the courage to stand and lumber his way towards the handsome redhead.

He had always wanted to do this; to be this near, back to chest, with Mark Tuan. He knew that the usually timid male had let go and drank more than he could handle, hence the shameless y dancing and grinding with Youngjae.

But everything had long turned into a lovely confusion.

Youngjae was almost carrying Mark on his back when he guided them to their table after the older complained about not liking the song. He had practically collapsed as soon as Youngjae set him down on the cushioned chair. Youngjae sighed, eyes dropping when he heard Mark groan something.

"What?"

"Youngjae..."

"Yes, hyung?"

"I..."

"You?"

"I... I l-like you."

Mark stammered, head lolling to his left. He looked so serene, unlike Youngjae who felt like his blood stopped circulating for a second before it all rushed back to his heart, creating fast heavy thuds.

"... You what?" He breathed out, suddenly alert. He grabbed the nearest phone beside him, which happened to be Yugyeom's.

"Hey!" Yugyeom protested, mumbling something about Temple Run but Youngjae ignored it in favor of opening the video recorder.

"Hyung, can you repeat that? Please repeat it," He begged, almost desperately, as he focused the camera on Mark's face. The quality was poor due to his shaking hands and dark because of the place, but their voices were audible enough.

"Please." 

"I like you,"

Mark managed without stuttering this time. "I really do."

Youngjae's breath hitched, mixed emotions coursing through that he didn't know what to feel anymore. Happiness? Relief? Overwhelming happiness? Overwhelming relief? Super duper ultra mega overwhelming ha— You get the point.

"Am I your boyfriend now?"

Mark jolted up, as if ten cups of black coffee took effect on him. "No, of course not!" He indignantly answered before falling limp once more. Youngjae gaped, dumbfounded at the somewhat rejection.

"W-What?"

"No boyfriend. Husband."

"... What?"

"Youngjae. Husband. Mine."

 

 

 

 

Youngjae clicked the stop button with a red face, but it couldn't compete with the shade of Mark's the moment the mortifying clip had stopped.

"So... we're— I... really..." Mark spoke after a few moments, not knowing how to put together the proper words.

"... Yeah."

 

Don’t give excuses...

 

"This is... embarrassing. What the heck. I'm not even sober—"

"Well, you are now." Youngjae chimed in gently, with an expression just as soft. It made Mark feel warm. He wished Youngjae would look at him that way, fond, for a very, very, long time. He exhaled before smiling his most charming smile.

 

... but hurry and tell me,

 

"Choi Youngjae, I really do like you. Will you go out with me?"

Youngjae's visage lit up and he smiled in an almost relieved manner. Was he afraid that sober Mark would change his answer?

Then Youngjae kissed his forehead and Mark's eyes automatically shut as he savored the pleasant sensation it gave. Youngjae murmured his answer against the delicate skin.

"Of course, Mark-hyung. I like you too."

 

 

 

 

 

— End

 

 


 

I don't know what to do with life anymore. /le flies to Neptune

 

Edited at 031015. LOL.