ooo7 — MarkSon

GOT7 Drabbles and Oneshots

Title: Of Summer and Wishing Well

Pairing/s: MarkSon, JJ Project

Genre: catboy!au, fluff

Description: In which Jackson whished for Mark to change and he did changed, not just the way Jackson wanted it.

 

Totally. Unedited. But I got excited about this so I uploaded anyway.

 

Warning: Curse words ahead. Also, may be redundant and error-full (LOL) so sorry. Will still edit later~

 

 


 

MarkSon2

 

 

'"I wish for him to change."'

 

 

 

It was normal day, as banal as the past few days. Vacation was supposed to be fun, but Mark and Jackson were trapped in the confinements of their dorm room because they were stupid enough to decide to stay in Korea instead of going home like their other dorm mate, Kunpimook."It would be fun!" Jackson said. Good thing their school allows students to stay in the dorms despite the vacation.

Mark could only sigh. Jackson wanted to party. Whereas he was too shy to socialize, parties bore and gross him out, he refused to go on dates while Jackson refused to do activities alone.

They've already watched everything there was to watch, walked around every nearby malls, played every games there was to play, and ate in every restaurants their allowances could take them. Nothing thrilling was happening and out of desperation to find a way to end the staleness in their dorm room, Jackson decided to finally go out. By himself.

"Min texted." Jackson announced, and it was an enough explanation for Mark. The redhead nodded and Jackson left the slowly dozing off Mark on the sofa without another word.

 

 

 

Jackson didn't know what to think of himself as soon as he was standing in front of a wishing well.

"This is bull." He whispered to no one but regardless, fished out coins in his pocket as he thought about Min's earlier message.

There's this wishing well just near our school. I know you won't believe me but my wish came true.

… You wished?

Don't judge, you er.

Jackson released a breath. At least there were just a few passersby, no one he knew that would be a witness to this 'childishness'. He dropped a coin and closed his eyes once it reached the bottom.

'I wish for this summer to be exciting.'

He opened his eyes, and a sudden surge of stupidity attacked him. What if Min was just fooling around? He glanced down to the other coin in his grasp. But then, he already did so why not do it once more, right? 'Be a fool to the fullest!' Besides, he still have another wish. With the said wish in his mind, Jackson tossed the second coin to the center of the well.

 

 

 

 

 

The next day was the same as yesterday. Mark, for the infinite time, released a breath to his cereal. At least Jackson had rented a DVD on his way home the day before, which the younger boy was already preparing.

"Done!"

Mark stood and dumped his used bowl and spoon on the sink before sauntering towards the living room. Jackson sat on his usual spot and Mark settled on the other's right. The movie began and they watched in silence. In the middle of the movie, when the hero first kissed the heroine, Mark was starting to feel weird. He turned to Jackson who was still engrossed in the movie, admiring the fencer's handsome physique for a bit before slapping a hand to his mouth. Did he just made a weird sound? It was mixture of a meow and a whimper and what the hell?

Good thing Jackson was perfectly oblivious. Mark grimaced. His ears ached. Instinctively, he touched it and nearly screamed.

His ears were missing.

His eyes doubled in size. What the ?! Frantically, he roamed his hand around the area, searching for the lost body part but really felt nothing. His heart thud heavily in nervousness. What if his nose was missing too? His hands ran around his face, touching to confirm his humanity until it landed on the top of his hair.

Since when could hair feel?

Wait, this isn't—

"Oh, when did you bought those cat ears headband?"

Everything went black.

 

 

 

 

 

Jackson didn't know what to think as Mark's cat ears that were supposed to be only headbands twitched. Was he dreaming? Did he accidentally went to the future where people can install cat ears and tail and control them with mind? But there were no changes in their surroundings, no high-tech appliances nor were there floating cars on the window. But Mark's pure black tail was swishing behind him in distress and Mark's expression could only be described as horrified.

 

"What the is happening to me?!"

It was the first spoken sentence since Mark woke five minutes ago and Jackson was thankful because he could feel himself turning deaf at the silence. Jackson sighed. They were both beginning to develop it as a mannerism but it was the only act Jackson could do.

"I have no idea!" He replied defensively and Mark rubbed his palms to his face exasperatedly. A few moments of another silence befell them but now for thinking. Jackson tried to remember anything peculiar. Their foods were not yet expired when they ate it, and they ate the usual— junk foods and cereals. No event really stood out in his memories—

There's this wishing well just near our school. I know you won't believe me but my wish came true.

Jackson then recalled his second wish.

"I wish for him to change."

Well .

 

 

 

 

 

Three days have passed by in blur when before, their time seemed to stretch infinitely. Mark was normal— as normal as he could be with those triangular ebony cat ears that contrasted his red hair beautifully and an equally dark tail swaying behind him leisurely. Nothing really changed aside from his appearance, Mark was still the timid and silent hyung Jackson knew. Who still hated parties.

Ugh. When I asked for a change, this is not what I was picturing in my mind. I just want him to accompany me...

And now, they sat in front of the television for another movie, this time horror. Jackson wasn't really fond of the choice but Mark pouted and the rest was history.

It was nearing the end of the movie when they heard their doorknob being turned. Jackson gazed at Mark with questioning and surprised eyes and Mark answered it with a panicking expression, his ears jerking in alarm as a mutual thought ran in their heads; how do they hide the fact that Mark had magically turned into a catboy?

"Run!" Jackson half-yelled-half-whispered, and Mark sprang and sprinted to their shared room just in time for the door to reveal their surprise visitor— err, visitors. Of course. Park Jinyoung. Im Jaebum. Why do they have the spare keys, again?

"Hey, dude!"

Jaebum greeted, plopping down on Mark's place before while Jinyoung went directly to the kitchen. "Where's Mark?" Jinyoung questioned casually as he laid down some foods on the table and Jackson belatedly realized that the boy was even carrying a plastic bag. He shrugged, feigning nonchalance. "In our—"

"Oh, Jinyoungie, Jaebum." Mark's deep voice regarded, to which Jackson instantly whipped his head to Mark's direction because he wasn't supposed to be out. Mark met his eyes and he saw the older wearing one of his beanies, a white embroidered 'Wang' sewn on it. Jackson felt an odd sense of satisfaction.

"Hyung!" Jinyoung exclaimed while Jaebum arched a brow. "We brought foods!"

"Why are you wearing a beanie?" Jaebum asked, eyeing Mark weirdly while Mark maintained his poker face. "Why do you act like a granpa?"

"Fair enough." Was Jaebum's only reply, dropping the topic which both Mark and Jackson were thankful of.

 

 

 

Up, down, up down.

Up and down, the small stress ball went.

Jinyoung just bought it on his and Jaebum's way to Jackson and Mark's dormitory, after the shop owner told him that it was used to alleviate some stress (to which Jaebum snorted a 'sales talk' and covered it up with a fake cough). Jinyoung had squeezed the life out of it up to the half of the new movie they decided to watch, until he decided it was a good decision to throw it on the air and catch it again. The process was repeated a lot of times, and Mark's eyes had been following the movements as soon as he noticed it from his peripheral vision. Jackson noticed too, and observed Mark. Mark's eyes started to change, from a pretty shade of brown into light blue, his irises turning into slits. Jackson tried not to gasp loudly, but beads of sweat began forming on his forehead when he recognized the stare Mark was bestowing the bright ball; predatory.

The good thing was, Mark was seated beside Jackson, the redhead was on the farthest left. Then there was Jaebum before Jinyoung, who was seated on the farthest right. Jackson could stop Mark from diving into Jinyoung to get the ball. With that in mind, Jackson's muscles tensed, on guard as he watched every actions Mark made. But because he forgot Mark was only partially human as of currently and that he was taller, Jackson could only gape, hand raised midway but unable to caught Mark who was already chasing the ball around the room.

Jaebum and (most especially) Jinyoung were flabbergasted, whilst Mark started whimpering agitatedly in a cat way when the ball kept getting out of his grasp. The eldest rolled around, eyes wild with a murderous intent, and at last, Jackson's beanie could only protect him for so long until it was removed. There was also 'something' moving under his loose sweatpants, where Jackson knew Mark's tail was. Jackson gulped.

The ball finally rolled under the sofa and Mark stilled in front of them— all of them did. Finally, his eyes returned to its original state as everything he did dawned into him.

"Uhh... I can explain?"

 

 

 

 

 

"This has to be a joke."

Jaebum spoke after Jackson finished his story about the well, his wish, and Mark's transformation. Jinyoung, who decided to sit with Mark on the ground, nodded in agreement making Jackson roll his eyes. "Say that in front of Mark's tail." Jaebum fell into a thoughtful silence. Finally, Mark sighed, ears flattening atop his head as his tail swung slowly, sadly.

"I will understand if you don't want to stay friends with a freak anymore."

Jinyoung's eyes widened, Jaebum's jaw fell a bit and Jackson felt a rush of guilty. "I've never thought of that, hyung. I still want to be friends with you!" Jinyoung said before scratching the back of Mark's ears that had perked in attention. Mark involuntarily purred.

"He's right, I've never thought of that too. But I want to solve this problem." Jaebum added, patting Mark's head softly, reassuringly, while Jackson's head hung low. "I'm sorry."

Mark shook his head, cupping Jackson's cheek soothingly. Jackson found it funny how Mark was supposed to be the one being comforted but it was the older comforting him instead. "It's not your fault. You didn't expected this; no one expected this."

Jackson's mood rose at the words and he smiled at Mark appreciatively, which Mark reciprocated. It was all canines and gums that oddly fitted his new appendages perfectly, the view so captivating and Jackson felt his heartbeat sped up abnormally. Was this how heart attack works?

Looks like being with Mark would shorten his lifespan, especially if the boy continued flashing that smile of his.

"Though this is really all your fault, Wang Jackson."

Two seconds after that, Jackson smugly smirked at Jaebum who was now rubbing his flicked forehead courtesy of Jinyoung.

 

 

 

 

 

After the incident, Jaebum and Jinyoung became tenants in Mark and Jackson's dorm room.

Literally.

As in they've packed some of their clothes and such.

The advantage? Jaebum brought his precious games which he rarely let another soul touch let alone play and Jinyoung cooked them decent foods. Disadvantages? Jaebum always took too long in the shower and Jinyoung became sweeter than possible to Mark, always cooing at the catboy.

For some reasons, it irked Jackson. It made him want to kick Jinyoung to Saturn and it got worse with every day passing, like seriously. It's not hilarious anymore

Jinyoung suddenly pinched Mark's cheeks fondly while they were eating lunch and Jackson wanted to gag. And why does Mark allows it?! He swallowed his food albeit forcibly. Good thing it was the last bite, he could finally excuse himself from witnessing more of the MarkJin moments, as Jaebum would call. He lied on his stomach on his bed, looking at Mark's own bed. That he temporarily shared with Jinyoung (temporarily, Jackson emphasized). Jackson would really be happy once Jinyoung was out of the door—

His thoughts halted.

It was the first time he ever willed for Jinyoung to leave. He used to love it when Jinyoung came, because yey! Finally, food! But ever since Mark's change, Jinyoung got disturbingly more clingy to the male, it triggered something inside Jackson. Something he never dwelt on for the fear of getting hurt.

Yes, Wang Jackson, feared being rejected or left.

He knew he was crushing on his senior roommate from the start, and he always pushed the feelings aside. Mark was kind, greedy, humble, sadist and Jackson liked all of him. But he assumed his infatuation was long gone and was replaced by feelings of friendship— he never knew his romantic feelings got worse until Jinyoung happened. Until everything happened.

Maybe he never knew because he never paid the beatings of his heart much attention, ignoring the symptoms rather than facing them. And the fact that Mark never showed attraction to anyone before reassured him that Mark won't be getting taken anytime soon. But whatever. His silence was now over.

 

 

 

 

 

Every cat loves petting and Mark was no exception. Mark liked it especially when Jinyoung— and sometimes even Jaebum— scratched on his ears. And the fact that Jackson had yet to pet him disappointed him.

Whyyyyy? His mind whined uselessly.

Anyway, back to the petting. His weak spot was the ears, but his favorite was on—

The space beside him on the sofa sank and he felt a familiar warmth sat down.

"Hey, hyung. What are you doing?" Jackson inquired casually, reaching for the remote. He saw Mark shrug from his side and let the question hang unanswered. He began flipping channels without Mark's consent because he was a hundred percent sure Mark wasn't watching anyway (who watches news? News is for grandpas, like Jaebum). He landed on a rerun of Spiderman and threw the remote somewhere on the couch, lost on the numerous pillows they had.

Halfway in the movie, Jackson began paying Mark more attention than Peter Parker, how the television light illuminated his face at the right angles. Before he knew it, his hand lifted, and as if in trance he aimed at the spot behind Mark's ears when he heard the boy purr. Jackson blinked.

He haven't even touched Mark yet.

Then he realized that Jinyoung, being the shadow that he is, was already scratching the junction between Mark's back and his tail— his favorite spot (don't even ask Jackson where Jinyoung came from). The act looked painfully intimate since Jinyoung's hand was practically in Mark's shirt and Jackson's vision just... turned red.

"Stop touching him!"

Time froze.

Mark's and Jinyoung's mouth hang open for a full minute that Jackson grew worried flies might enter it.

"... Jackson?" Mark spoke, ing finally. Jackson spared Mark a glance before his eyes hardened on Jinyoung and with a serious low voice, he muttered firmly, "Don't touch my boyfriend."

Mark's heart throbbed pleasantly at the word, his ears erect and tail moving enthusiastically. Boyfriend... It sent the butterflies in his tummy fluttering their wings, as if he was riding a wild ride.

"B-Boyfriend? Does that mean... hah! I see you've already cracked, ehh?"

"What?" Jackson questioned, suddenly confused while Mark had no idea about what was going on. Instead of properly responding, Jinyoung called for Jaebum.

"Yeah?" The male asked, walking out from the kitchen to them. Jinyoung shocked Mark and Jackson when he held Jaebum's hand lovingly.

"Our plan had worked, they're together now!" Jinyoung exclaimed cheerfully, swinging his and Jaebum's linked hands slightly.

"... Plan?"

"Yep! Operation-Make-Jackson-Jealous!"

Jackson flushed from head to toe and his fist balled.

 

Two minutes of chasing and a perfectly delivered punch later, Jinyoung was whimpering pitifully on the sofa whenever the ice pack was too painful for his right eye while Jaebum was tracing unidentified patterns on his palm as a form of comfort. Jackson was beside Mark who was observing the newly-revealed lovers' antics with an amused stare.

"Hey, Mark-hyung," Mark nibbldd his lower lip childishly before facing Jackson with a bowed head, unable to meet the younger's eyes.

"We could be like them, you know?" Jackson didn't know where this sudden boldness came from but Mark's eyes sparkled as they met his tender gaze then the redhead's tail was drawing shapes and sometimes writing random words on his forearm so he doesn't complain. In fact, he was thankful.

Especially when he got to cuddle Mark to sleep.

 

 

 

 

 

"Jackson?"

"... Hmmn?"

"My cat ears and tail are gone."

"... Yeah?"

"Yeah."

"Then let's sleep some more."

"Okay."

 

 

 

 

 

— End

 

 


 

I don't even know why I made Jinyoung an eomma slash innocent sweetheart here.

Still not contented with this. LOL.

 

Edited a bit, just added some words. Then I've been thinking that since I did not show how Jaebum "helped" Mark solve his problem, Imma make a bonus chapter for that of some sort.

'Will update a chapter later this day.