ooo2 — JJ Project [Edited]

GOT7 Drabbles and Oneshots

Title: Shadow

Pairing: JJ Project

Genre: vampire!au, , fluff (I guess), slight angst

Description: There's something different about Im Jaebum but then again, Park Jinyoung isn't normal, too.

 

 


 

 JJP1

 

 

The sky was defined by a navy darkness, thin clouds littering it like mist of illusions while the stars did their best to illuminate it. It was a breathtaking view, one that Jinyoung loves to see. He never got tired of it, simply because he believes that no two skies are alike. Every night, he looks up, amethyst eyes glowing at the beauty above just like at that moment. It provides him the serenity he needs. Even without a house of four walls and a roof, he felt at home.

Thirty stories above, on the rooftop of what he called his abode since the day he almost died. 

 

A car hit him, as far as he could remember. The impact was so hard that quite a number of his bones broke, but he couldn't recall the pain. All he knew was that the man who was driving the car kneeled beside him, took his wrist and bit him. He screamed then, his blood felt like on fire. Then everything went black.

The next thing he knew, he was unconscious in an unfamiliar room, bloodied uniform replaced with a teal v-neck shirt under a denim jacket his legs clad in black pants. A cap was on the bedside table which he wore and with wobbly knees, he stood and attempted to walk. He was in a cabin, he realized once he was out. No one was inside aside from him so he continued strolling, until he reached a shopping district after some time without even sweating, which made him confused. Wasn't he supposed to be injured? Ahead him, an appliance store's multiple televisions played and he halted. The news caught his attention.

Lee Jinyoung, a student from Seoul University and son of governor Lee Donghae,

is still mysteriously missing after three days of searching.

The police had concluded that he was murdered—

He ran away. He needed to go home. But one thing stopped him. He caught his reflection on a botique's mirror.

And his eyes were violet.

He wandered the streets of Seoul aimlessly, thinking about how his life that used to be perfect came to this. He was rich, son of a politician, top student with a pleasant visual and all, but now he's got nothing but himself. He sat on a park's bench, head hung low, when he saw a pair of leather shoes walked towards him.

"Lee Jinyoung."

His eyes widened and he immediately lifted gaze. With the aid of his hazy memory, he recognized the green-eyed man in front of him as the one who bit him.

The one who took everything from him.

He felt his body tremble with anger yet he also felt the need to respect this person, though he tried to surpass it.

"Y-You..."

"I'm Ok Taecyeon. I'm sorry if I did this to you." Taecyeon bowed and Jinyoung could feel the sincerity, making his hostility melt away in an instant. He sighed.

"Why though?"

Taecyeon straightened up. "It was an accident. I didn't notice you crossing. You were dying, I could hear your heartbeat slow. So I did the only way for you to survive."

"But what am I? You? Why did you left me?"

Taecyeon combed his raven hair, guilt evident in his face. "I'm a vampire and now, so are you. And actually, I took you home and mended your wounds which took a bit longer to heal because it's really bad. Then I have to leave you because... I'm afraid." Jinyoung's forehead creased. "Afraid?"

"Of how you will react. It's really rare for us to turn people at this century. I know I shouldn't have left you. I'm really sorry."

Jinyoung nodded, accepting the situation and apology because well, he's got no other choice. Even if he did get mad, nothing will ever change.

He won't be able to turn back time.

"What do I do now?"

"I'll help you." No trace of apprehension laced Taecyeon's statement. "I'll give you a new identity. You can still live normally, just with different eye color and... craving."

Jinyoung froze. "You mean..."

"You'll need blood, at least once a month." Jinyoung must've made his fear too obvious that it had Taecyeon chuckling a bit. "Don't worry, you won't have to kill. We usually buy from the blood bank. I will provide for you, so rest assured." With this, he was relieved.

"I will provide you with everything, I promise."

 

Taecyeon was true to his words.

To change his appearance so he would be hard to recognize, his natural chestnut hair was dyed black and changed in style. He also started wearing a dark rimmed eyeglasses whenever he would go out.

That day, Lee Jinyoung died and Park Jinyoung was born.

 

 

 

 

With one of his legs dangling while the other was propped up with his hand on it, he took in the night life of Seoul. Taecyeon bought him a unit in a condominium but he spend most of his time on the rooftop.

He thought that night would be like always, with nothing new, but peculiar movements caught his clear vision. He squinted his eyes and there, a hundred meters ahead, on an dark alleyway, was a poor student being attacked by six thugs. Jinyoung clicked his tongue. He pity the boy, sure. But he shouldn't—

Jinyoung gasped a bit. The student being beaten was no other than Im Jaebum, class president and his seatmate. Bright smiles and stern persona that always made Jinyoung feel weird.

Before he knew it, his feet was already leaping towards the next building and to the next until he was up on another building's rooftop near the action, peering down with glowing narrowed eyes.

"I told you already, my parents ran away!" Jaebum shouted, making his offenders scoff.

"Stop ing around, kid. I know you know where your parents are hiding!"

"You'll never find them!" Jaebum hollered once more, voice beginning to rasp. "Because neither do I know their whereabouts." He whispered bitterly, but Jinyoung's superior hearing caught it. When one of the males threatened to shoot Jaebum, the male closed his eyes, accepting his impending demise. But Jinyoung jumped down in front of Jaebum. 

"What the—"

With inhumane speed, he defeated the enemies with a few punches and kicks.

Too easy. He internally huffed. Then he turned to Jaebum. His hand involuntarily lifting to pat Jaebum's silver hair, whose crinkly orbs were still shut tight. "All done." He assured while questioning his own actions; as if his body has a mind of its own. Why couldn't he help but be gentle with this mortal?

Jaebum opened his eyes and in the darkness, he could only see purple in a beautiful shade. His chest hammered with both anxiousness and awe. The eyes though... it's familiar. The surprisingly cold palm above his head disappeared when the person in front of him took a step back and disappeared. It took Jaebum's mind a full minute to process the events. When he did, his breath hitched.

"What the actual ?!"

 

 

 

 

 

Jaebum had always been fascinated by Park Jinyoung. How he could answer any questions without a fret despite only sleeping in class, how he's good at any sports, how cute he was despite his cold character. Jinyoung talked to no one, preferred being alone than being on the spotlight, earning him the title "Shadow". He was a mystery Jaebum would love to solve one day.

But at that moment, something was off. Because Jaebum realized, as the object of his infatuation was walking towards his seat, that Park Jinyoung had the same eyes as his saviour.

He would know those eyes everywhere, no matter how thick Jinyoung's glasses were. His heart skipped a beat.

 

Jinyoung silently sat on his seat, arms crossed on the desk and his head ready to rest above the limbs when a hand on his shoulder made him pause. Jolts of electricity traveled in his system making him feel strange on the inside.

"Jinyoung-ssi, may I talk to you?"

Of course it's Im ing Jaebum.

Jinyoung faced Jaebum with his usual indifferent facade, even if his heart was beating so hard and fast it might burst, which was abnormal. His heart should be beating at a snail pace-- he was only half alive, after all.

Jaebum has yet removed his hand on his shoulder even after getting his attention.

"With what?"

The room fell silent. It was the first time anyone managed to get a word from Jinyoung that is not a teacher. Jaebum was oblivious but Jinyoung was aware. He wasn't surprised though.

"About yesterday evening."

Jinyoung heard a few classmates gasp and whisper to each other but he doesn't care. His priority was fixed on how he will explain everything to Jaebum, since it would be useless to lie. Jaebum seemed to be too wise to trick. Jinyoung's chair screeched as he stood.

"Follow me."

 

 

 

Jinyoung shut his eyes as the wind caressed his soft ebony locks. Jaebum found himself staring as he leaned with his back on their school's rooftop's railing. Then Jinyoung opened his eyes and gazed at him.

"No use of denying it, right?" Jaebum nodded, hypnotized by Jinyoung's velvet tonality.

"What are you?"

"I'm a vampire."

If Jinyoung were to say it the day before yesterday, Jaebum would have laughed but today was different. He believed and will believe everything that would come out of Jinyoung's mouth. "How?"

"Do you know Lee Jinyoung?" Jaebum didn't have to think much. His head bobbed up and down as a response, an action that made Jinyoung think about how good looking Jaebum really is. "Well, he is my past life.

I was hit by a car, the driver turned out to be a blood er, bit me to prevent me from perishing, and now, he's the one sustaining me."

Silence engulfed them. But it was comfortable, Jinyoung noted. He felt at ease with Jaebum, for some reasons unknown.

"But what about your parents?" Jaebum finally inquired, but regretting it the moment hurt flashed on Jinyoung's expression for a second.

"They forgot about me." Jaebum's brows furrowed. "But how? They sent a search party for you—"

"Because I compelled them so." Jinyoung looked ahead with a distant stare. "I commanded them to just stop the search and move on with their lives." He spoke with sadness, making Jaebum's heart clench. Sure Jaebum liked getting emotions from Jinyoung no other had managed to do so but it's negative and he hates it. He exhaled audibly. How does he comfort a lost soul when he too was nursing his own broken one?

"You're lucky your parents loved you." Jaebum found himself saying. "Mine were irresponsible bastards who couldn't pay their debt to a yakuza so they ran off without telling me. They just..." He trailed off, swallowing the sudden lump in his throat. "Disappeared without a care for me. And now, those people are hunting me."

Jinyoung faced Jaebum who was sporting a faraway look, much like what he did earlier. Jaebum had always been smiling and giving to anyone in need, Jinyoung observed before. He thought Jaebum was the same as the person he used to be, life an epitome of flawlessness. But it was nothing like that and Jinyoung found himself preferring this side of Jaebum; the candid him.

Jinyoung ruffled the other's hair. Jaebum's protest died in his throat when Jinyoung smiled, the tiniest lift on the corners of his lips but it's genuine, making Jaebum's heartbeat stutter.

"If you ever need an escape, you're welcome in my house."

Jinyoung was confused. First, Jaebum made him talk more than usual. Second, Jaebum made him feel things he didn't know he was capable of feeling. And now, he was practically offering Jaebum a place to live in. Was it out of sympathy?

No.

It was something deeper. There was something in Jaebum that he couldn't point out. But Jinyoung knew better than to venture that particular thought yet.

Jaebum grinned. "Then I'll do my best not to burden you."

 

 

 

Turns out, Jaebum was on a constant abscond. And for two weeks, Jaebum became a frequent visitor in his unit.

Since the first time Jinyoung saw Jaebum, he knew the human was special. The scent of his blood was the most alluring for Jinyoung and he could never use his telepathic powers on the male. At first, it bothered him. He told Taecyeon about it and received an it's normal for answer. He also asked why he hadn't ached for blood.

 

"Because contrary to people's belief, we are not those rabid beasts they made us to be. They're exaggerated beings." Taecyeon said with an eye roll. "Yes, we find their blood delicious. But we don't necessarily chase after it. We don't just drag people to who knows where and drain them, we're better than that. It's just..." Taecyeon suddenly smirked mischievously.

"Aren't you guys getting closer to each other?"

Jinyoung's forehead knitted. "Yes, but what does that—"

"'Know what, just come back next time."

As the door of Taecyeon's office shut with a click, Jinyoung murmured an  under his breath, and received an I heard that, you piece of ! making him laugh heartily after a long while.

 

 

 

 

 

"Jinyoungie," Jaebum drawled childishly, orbs gleaming from the light of the television which he wasn't really watching. Jinyoung hummed, attention on the food he was preparing for the both of them. "Can you tell me something?" Jinyoung's brows knitted.

"What something?"

"About vampires."

"Ah," Jinyoung turned off the stove. "Well, we, the real-life vampires, are different from those old tales. We do not have hierarchy, no leaders. It's just us and the elders." He took off his apron and poured soup on the bowl.

"We do not die under sunlight but we prefer the night. We also do not hate garlic. We eat human food. We are alive, but barely." Jaebum nodded, already up and sauntering towards the kitchen. Jinyoung prepared the rice.

"Really, the only difference between humans and us is that we have fangs, need blood once in a while, special abilities, immortality, and eye color." Jaebum was already sitting on his usual spot and Jinyoung settled across him once he was done with everything. They started digging in. "Anyway," Jinyoung spoke after swallowing his first bite.

"Why are you curious?"

Jaebum shrugged. "I want to understand you more." Jinyoung tensed for a second before resuming eating, unable to stop the circus in his heart.

 

 

 

It had been a month since Jaebum started going in Jinyoung's condo and slowly, the vampire's space became filled with Jaebum's stuffs until the human had officially became a permanent resident. In their campus, they were always together. They became the talk of the school for a few days until everyone got used to them having their own world. Jaebum was the only one who has the ability to make stoic Shadow Jinyoung laugh.

 

 

 

 

 

Perhaps it's because they haven't been after him for a while that Jaebum had let his guard down. He was assigned to do grocery shopping for both him and Jinyoung that day, a task which he insisted to do always but Jinyoung wanted to do alternately. He peeked inside the plastic bag and smiled whilst shaking his head fondly. It's full of healthy stuffs that he just agreed on eating because it was Jinyoung who's cooking. The Jinyoung, who was so unreachable at first but now within his grasp. Jinyoung, who's not a human anymore but still more authentic than anyone he knew. The Jinyoung he used to like but now, someone he's fallen for so deep.

And tonight, he planned to confess.

By now he knew that Jinyoung was more on a spontaneous than romantic and though Jaebum was the opposite, he wanted to make it memorable yet not overboard.

He knew it might jeopardize their friendly relationship because he was still unsure whether Jinyoung had feelings for him too, but Jaebum was willing to take a risk. And even if Jinyoung rejects him, he would find a way to save their friendship. With that in mind, he made his way out of the shop and walked towards the condominium complex. He was approaching the entrance when he was suddenly pulled away with a hand on his mouth to a dark alleyway not too far from the Jinyoung's building. He dropped the groceries and struggled uselessly before he was tossed harshly, his back colliding on the wall.

"Now, what do we have here."

Jaebum heard a familiar voice, tone dangerous as the person cracked his knuckles noisily. Jaebum gulped, head bowed a little with his eyes roaming around, waiting for an opportunity to escape. 

"Im Jaebum, the payment for his parents' debt." His head shot up, eyes wide. "W-What?" The answer came as a form of a sinister laugh that made chills ran down his spine. "Master said if your parents cannot pay us," The attacker stepped forward and Jaebum made a move back but he was trapped, cornered by the wall and ten persons.

"Then we can take your life instead." As if it was the cue, they started assaulting him mercilessly, leaving him screaming for help.

"It's no use, kid. No one's gonna help you here. Unlike before." The man sneered. Jaebum attempted to look around and indeed, there was no one around. He recalled Jinyoung mentioning something about how the place was peaceful, just several people roaming around. It was why Taecyeon chose this place, and Jaebum never knew it would work to his disadvantage. Hopeless, he clamped his eyes shut and the events for the past month played in his mind, his moments with Jinyoung. Jinyoung's impersonal attitude but his warmness towards Jaebum. Jinyoung's chortles that served as the music of his lonely life despite its rarity. Jinyoung's reactions that only he could elicit and see. Jinyoung's mesmerizing eyes. Jinyoung's everything.

"Jinyoung..." He subconsciously called out as another kick landed on his already battered body. Just then, everything stopped. There were no more impacts on his body. Maybe he already died?

 

 

 

"What's taking Jaebum so long?" Jinyoung questioned to no one in particular as he paced around the living room, waiting for Jaebum and the ingredients of their dinner. His fear was increasing with every minute of no Jaebum because grocery shoppings do not take so long.

Then he heard it. It's barely audible, but even from miles away, he would recognize it.

"Jinyoung..."

Not wasting another second, he sprinted from his unit's parlor to the direction of Jaebum's weak cry, his dread fueling him faster. Arriving at the location, he saw the same people who maimed Jaebum prior and his eyes glinted a bright angry violet. Like before, he defended Jaebum but now, he made sure to crush their bones under his palms and shoes, leaving no survivor in his wake.

"J-Jaebum?" He kneeled beside the unmoving figure, chest heavy at the sight of the mortal he harbored affections to in such a state.

 

 

 

"J-Jaebum?"

Jinyoung?

"Jaebum, p-please." Jinyoung's voice was shaking for tge first time and it sent a pang in Jaebum's chest.

Jinyoung, are you scared?

"Jaebum," By now, Jinyoung sounded like he was sobbing, making tears fall from Jaebum's own closed eyes as he felt his body being hoisted up and encased into a hug. The intense physical pain the action elicited was numbing in an alarming speed. He could feel his soul slipping out of him and with his remaining strength, Jaebum parted his lips.

"I love you, Jinyoung."

 

 

 

"Jaebum, p-please." He rested Jaebum on his lap and embraced him gently, afraid of breaking the male further. Jaebum's faint breathing was hot against his ear and unexpectedly, Jaebum replied to his desperate sob.

"I love you, Jinyoung."

And the dead half of Jinyoung's heart started beating with life.

Jaebum's body was going limp against his hold and despite that fact that Jaebum might hate him in the future, he did the only way for Jaebum to live.

He bared his fangs and penetrated the bruised skin of Jaebum's wrist, his last conversation with Taecyeon reverberating in his head.

 

"What do you mean?!" Jinyoung hissed, body in a bit pain from craving blood, but not just anyone's blood. Most specifically, Im Jaebum's, the boy sleeping on his sofa's blood. Taecyeon chortled form the other line.

"I mean, you and Jaebum, you're soulmates. That's why you only want his blood. That's why you can't read his mind. That's why since the beginning, you feel connected to him."'

 

"You can't die, Jaebum." He murmured as he the crimson liquid clean from Jaebum's milky flesh. He bit on his own wrist and held it above Jaebum's parted lips until a bit of blood dropped inside the boy's mouth.

"You're mine." He uttered, resting his ear on Jaebum's chest and straining for a heartbeat.

 

 

 

"I'm yours."

Jinyoung distanced himself from Jaebum after an hour of hugging the male and his shimmering amethyst eyes met an icy blue pair.

"And you're mine, forever."

 

 

 

 

 

— おわい

 

 


 

I don't even know why I uploaded this but yeah.

This is the effect when GOT7 is in your country.

 

Bye. /dies

 

Edited at 06-23-15 for mistakes and errors. Some details also added and some of the paragraph orders were shuffled to fit my liking more.

 

For clearer understanding, these are the information for the kind of vampire this fic has:

  • The vampires here have varieties of eye color. yes, my precious
  • They are fast, strong, agile, have keen hearing and sight.
  • They are only half dead. Meaning, their heart beats but in a slower rate.
  • They are immortals, or they heal fast.
  • They don't necessarily lust after blood, just needed it at least once a month.
  • They crave their soulmate's blood.
  • I don't know why is that.
  • They eat human food.
  • Jinyoung is good at cooking and violet eyes suits him.
  • Jaebum in blue eyes is handsome, or so my imagination says.

That's all for now, I guess. Sorry if this appears updated. I'll add another chapter once the requested JackBam and MarkJae were done. ^^