Option

Merry Christmas! (a present for my readers)

You ended up deciding to call Junhyung and ask him if he was free. You had serious doubts about this, since Junhyung was known to always be busy even on his days off. When he wasn’t doing stuff for his band, he was doing stuff for himself, usually writing and composing songs at his own house, since he was living separately from the other members of BEAST.

 

You anxiously pressed on his name and waited. He picked up after it rang four times, his voice coming at you from the other side of the line, some music playing in the background. It was only a beat though, so it was probably a song he was making at the moment.

 

“Yeoboseyo?”

“Junhyung-oppa? It’s me.”

“Yeah, I recognized your voice. How are you?”

“I’m good, you?”

“Good too. I’m quite busy though, but that’s all right. It’s been a while since last time, hasn’t it.”

“Yeah, it has. So uh… are you free on the 23rd? I wanted to hang out, if you can…”

“The 23rd’s our day off, I think… but I planned on using it to compose songs.”

“…”

“Yeoboseyo?”

“I’m still there, I’m still there. I was just wondering if I should just give up or try being stubborn…”

“About hanging out? Well we can hang out at my house if you don’t mind, but… I’ll be composing songs anyway. I won’t be much fun.”

“But I’ll be bothering you, right? If I just show up and all…”

“Nah, that’s all right. As long as I can get some work done, it’s good.”

“Are you certain I won’t be bothering you?”

“Absolutely. You can tell me if you ever get way too bored.”

“All right. When do I show up, then?”

“Wait, you’ve got my address?”

“Yeah, you forgot your phone at the studio that time, so I had to ask for it so I could send it back to you.”

“Ooooh. So it was you who sent it back! I did wonder…”

“Anyway, when?”

“Uh… after lunch, I guess? I’ll get more stuff done in the morning, so I’ll be more free to talk to you in the afternoon.”

“All right. One, one thirty in the afternoon it is, then. I’ll see you on the 23rd.”

“Yep, I’ll see you then.”

 

He hung up, making you throw yourself on your bed in a mix of relief and sigh of annoyance. All right. He was a good guy, you knew he was, but damn. He didn’t sound very excited to hang out even if it was in his own house. Yeah, sure, he would be composing songs – on a freakin’ day OFF, ugh – while you would be useless on the side, but still… his passion was overtaking him at times and those times were a tiny bit annoying. He was obviously busy when he had picked up the phone and it had shown a lot… you felt bad for having interrupted him.

 

In any case, you needed to find a present for him now. There was no way you were going to go to his place without anything for him, especially if he was busy and all. You needed something to make him forgive you for interrupting his peaceful day ‘off’.

 

*************

 

You showed up at his place, knocking and ringing for a moment without any answer before you decided to check if he was there in the first place. You grabbed the knob, turned it…

 

… it was unlocked.

 

You peeked inside, frowning.

 

“Junhyung-oppa?”

 

No answer, except for Hyungnim, who was wearing a cute shirt and who made his way towards you with a few barks, calming down soon enough.

 

You went in, closing the door behind you, leaving your boots on the entrance rug. You could hear some noises in a room… you went there, only to find Junhyung composing songs, huge headphones on his ears, blocking all external sounds. You facepalmed.

 

“Junhyung-oppa…”

 

He didn’t seem to hear you, so you smirked, your eyes narrowing. You walked to him slowly and suddenly grabbed his shoulders, making him jump in fear. He was on his feet in less than a second, staring at you, his headphones having fallen on his chair.

 

“You-! Why did you do that?!”

“Because you didn’t lock the door and you didn’t bother coming to open it for me!”

 

He sighed, taking his headphones back, putting them on his desk as you took a peek at his three monitors filled with colored bars placed in a regular pattern.

 

“I’m guessing this is a song you’re working on?”

“Yeah… that’s the beat, that’s the various instruments…”

 

He started showing you what was what before he looked at you, finally understanding that you still had your coat on.

 

“Oh. Maybe you’d, uh. Like taking your coat off.”

“It would be nice, yeah.”

 

He went to the entrance with you as you took your coat off, and he took it to put it with the rest of the winter clothes.

 

“Here. Do you want something to drink?”

“No thanks…”

“All right.”

 

He went back to his song and you followed, sitting nearby, taking Hyungnim in your arms and hugging him. That dog was friendlier than his owner…

 

“Hyungnim, your owner is an idiot,” you whispered to the dog, speaking in English.

“What did you say?” Junhyung asked, turning to look at you.

“Nothing. I was talking to Hyungnim.”

“I feel like there was an insult somewhere in what you say.”

“Even if there were one, you couldn’t prove it.”

“So there was one?”

“Who knows?”

“What are you reproaching me?”

“Well, not looking very enthusiastic to see me would be a good start.”

 

He sighed, looking quite sorry.

 

“Yeah, well… I’m a bit tired, so… sorry for not looking super excited and stuff, I guess…”

“If you were tired, you could’ve just told me and I wouldn’t have come over.”

 

Your eyes narrowed.

 

“Moreover, if you’re tired, why the heck are you composing songs?!”

“Well I-”

“No excuses. If you’re tired, you rest. You’ve got such a pretty red couch in the living room, let’s go there.”

 

You put Hyungnim down before you got up, taking Junhyung’s hand and pulling him towards the couch. Once there, you stared at him.

 

“Oppa, rest.”

“I can’t, I-”

“Oppa!”

 

He sighed, before he simply lay down on the couch, making you smile. You raised a brow though when he had a little pout.

 

“Will you be my pillow?”

 

You chuckled and sat down, letting him rest his head on your lap. You gently started playing with his hair.

 

“Here. Sleep, now, oppa.”

 

*************

 

He had been sleeping for an hour and a half when he woke up, opening sleepy eyes, looking at you, breathing deeply.

 

“… hey.”

“Hey, oppa. Slept well?”

“Yeah… you’re comfy.”

“I’ll take it as a compliment even if it means I’m chubby.”

“I didn’t say that you’re chubby, I said that you’re comfy. I wouldn’t say that to anyone. I’m only telling you because you’re you.”

 

You blushed a little, but you didn’t say anything. He started rapping in a soft voice.

 

I’m a butterfly, I’ll go closely to that blooming flower
And slightly smell the scent
Um… So nice, such a beautiful, oh god
Chocolate, lollipop, the slowly spreading sweetness
But I feel a moment of anxiety, worried that it might disappear

 

You knew that song. You loved it. You chuckled softly, smiling at him.

 

“Who did you sing that for, Junhyung-oppa?”

“Back then, nobody. If I were to sing it now, it would be for you, though.”

“For… me?”

“Yeah. You’re a flower. A beautiful flower. I keep fearing that you’ll just… leave, someday. That you’ll go back to your country. And forget about us. About me.”

“Oppa…”

 

You were deeply touched by his words. You didn’t know if you could let your hopes show up, but… you were pretty certain that there was more to this.

 

“Oppa, do you…?”

“Yeah. You’re in my heart.”

 

If all this hadn’t directly concerned you, you would’ve let out a long ‘d’aaaaawwww’. Junhyung was adorable… and his way of saying things, too. You smiled and touched his cheek softly, tracing his jawline.

 

“You’re a sweet man, Yong Junhyung,” you said with a little chuckle.

“Oh flower, you are sweeter.”

 

Cheater.

 

You slowly leaned forward, glad that you were flexible enough to just press a kiss on his lips, closing your eyes. They were even more kissable than you thought at first when looking at them… ugh, this was a torture even now.

 

You felt him kiss you back, his hand going for the back of your neck, capturing you so you wouldn’t break the kiss. You had to, though, eventually, since you needed to breathe, so you moved back and smiled, looking at him, your eyes reopened. You looked into his beautiful gaze, drowning yourself in those irises.

 

“I brought you a Christmas present, oppa.”

“You did? What is it?”

“I’m not telling. Unwrap it to know what it is.”

“… I’ll do that later, then. Way later. I’m not going to waste this time with you.”

“Says the man who sounded totally unenthusiastic when I arrived…”

“Hey, I was tired.”

“Says the man who was composing songs anyway.”

“Look, I’m sorry, okay?”

 

You chuckled softly.

 

“Yeah. Okay.”

“Saranghae, flower.”

 

You blushed, turning to a deep red.

 

“I love you too, Junhyung-oppa.”