Option

Merry Christmas! (a present for my readers)

You ended up deciding to call Kevin and ask him if he was free. You had doubts, since he was probably already back in the US with his mom to see his family, or he would be relaxing on the 23rd and he wouldn’t feel like hanging out… but you would still try, just in case. Kevin was super nice after all, so you had your hopes up still.

 

You anxiously pressed on his name and waited. He picked up after it rang once, his adorably happy and pretty voice coming at you from the other side of the line.

 

“Hello?”

“Kevin? Are you free on the 23rd?”

“Ah, it’s you! How have you been?”

“I’ve been good, you?”

“Same here, but super busy…”

“… does that mean you’re busy on the 23rd?”

“Sort of? I need to practice singing and stuff. You know, so that my voice doesn’t get rusty.”

Your voice can get rusty? That’s surprising… you have such a beautiful voice…”

 

He laughed, making your heart melt. You could feel his joy even from the other side of a freakin’ phone line and it was making you happy too.

 

“Of course my voice can get rusty!”

“Don’t laugh at that, I’m just surprised because your voice is always so beautiful…”

“That’s all right, that’s all right! Anyway, why did you ask? Did you want to hang out or something?”

“Actually, yeah… but if you’re busy…”

“Well we can still hang out if you don’t mind being with me and listening to me singing for the most part.”

“Won’t I bother you?”

“Of course not! I’d love to have company while I do that.”

“All right then! Where and when? And by when I mean, the time, not the date.”

“Uh… At noon at the dorm? You know where it is right?”

“Yeah, I do. Noon, then. Do I eat before?”

“Nope, I’ll have food ready here.”

“All right! I’ll be there at noon on the 23rd, then. See ya then, Kevin!”

“Yep, see ya!”

 

He hung up, making you throw yourself on your bed in relief. He was busy, but he had still accepted hanging out – or, well, hanging in, technically, since you’d be inside – with you anyway! And you’d get a bonus out of that since you would get to listen to him singing. His voice was so perfect, you couldn’t say no to that.

 

In any case, you needed to find a present for him now. There was no way you were going to go without anything for him.

 

*************

 

You showed up at noon like you had said you’d do, smiling when you saw that Kevin was waiting for you downstairs. He made you come in and smiled back at you.

 

“Hey. Hope it wasn’t too much trouble coming here?”

“Nope, it was easy. People did look at me weirdly though… they seem to think I’m a sasaeng…”

“Let them think what they want. I may be an idol and stuff, I still have the right to have friends.”

 

He took your hand – ugh, his long fingers were so -worthy that it wasn’t even funny – and brought you to the dorm, where you greeted… nobody. They were all out, it seemed.

 

“Most of them went to finish shopping for Christmas. I’m done, so I stayed behind to practice.”

“You’re such a workaholic…”

“Not really, I just love singing and I like knowing my voice is in good shape.”

“Pfft. Workaholic.”

 

He laughed and brought you to the dining room, where he had already prepared plenty of food for lunch. You your lips, sitting.

 

“Looks delicious! Did you make all of these by yourself?”

“Sure did. I’ve been practicing quite a lot.”

“Well it seems like it paid off, because this looks very good.”

“Thanks. I hope you’ll like it.”

 

He sat too and you both started eating. It was absolutely stunningly good. You hadn’t managed to find any freakin’ flaw to this guy and it was making you frustrated. He could do everything… he could even be a better girl than you were and dance girls’ dances better than you would ever be able to do.

 

You finished eating before going to the living room, in which he had plugged his phone, filled with music. He would obviously be singing on his own songs, but he also had other songs to sing on just because he liked them.

 

“I want to choose a song,” you said suddenly.

 

He raised a brow, but chuckled and nodded, handing you the phone.

 

“Here.”

 

You started going through them, finally finding what you were looking for. You pressed on the title and hid the screen before Kevin would be able to see which song you had chosen. It started though, sounding at first like ‘Silent Night’, but Kevin smiled. That wasn’t ‘Silent Night’. It was no Christmas song. It was a song he had sung with his first band, XING, and the title of the song was ‘In your hands’.

 

Kevin started singing at the same time as his younger self, eyes half-closed, concentrated. You melted from the inside while listening to him. You were having such an obvious eargasm.

 

Where are you? I miss you
I can’t get you out of my mind
I never imagined I’d be here all by myself


I’ll always be waiting
Girl you are the only one for me
‘Cause baby
You make my life complete…

 

You closed your eyes, listening to him, rocking from side to side. He had such a perfect voice. The song finished too quickly for your taste. You would’ve put it on repeat but you were pretty sure Kevin would like singing something else, so you grabbed the phone again to choose another song.

 

“Here! This one.”

 

It was another one of XING’s songs, ‘My Girl’. Kevin’s English version of course. His voice was making you happy, so you had obviously chosen the version that contained his voice the most. It was an old song though, just like the previous one, so the lyrics were very far in his memory. He stumbled a few times, not remembering them perfectly, but you forgave him because he was perfect.

 

You kept on choosing songs for him until he chuckled and took his phone back.

 

“My turn to choose a song.”

 

He started choosing his songs himself, singing them to you, until he smirked a little – oh gawd, Kevin Woo smirking, that practically made your disappear – and chose to start singing ‘Neverland’ to you, holding your hands.

 

He didn’t seem to care much about which were his usual parts, and he was just singing the song to you when he could. He wasn’t rapping though, so when there was the rap part, he simply squeezed your fingers softly. And when the song finished, he started singing a… ballad version of ‘Neverland’? Repeating the chorus in a much ier, slower way…

 

Will you come along? (The not too far away fantasy)
In this world filled with imagination
There is no end- Never end- This is Neverland

 

You looked into his eyes, and could only see sincerity. He… that was really his way of telling you something, right?

 

“I know I’m not the manliest man in existence… nor a much popular idol. But ever since I’ve seen you for the first time, I couldn’t stop thinking about you.”

 

He was so sweet… you blushed as he leaned towards you, pressing his forehead against yours.

 

“Because I love you. I don’t know what you think of me, but I’m pretty sure you don’t hate me, so… do you want to be my only one?”

 

You blushed a bit more and leaned the rest of the way towards him, kissing him tenderly. His lips were so soft and sweet tasting… a bit like honey.

 

“I do. But at one condition…”

“Say it.”

“Please accept this and wear it at least once,” you said with a chuckle as you pulled out a box.

 

He took the box with curious eyes and started unwrapping it, smiling when he saw what was inside.

 

“A fluffy puppy winter hat?”

“I want you to wear it at least once,” you said with a little pout.

“Of course I will. This is cute ~”

“Then I accept being ‘your only one’.”

 

He smiled happily and kissed you.

 

“I love you.”

“I love you too, Kevin Woo.”