Option

Merry Christmas! (a present for my readers)

You ended up deciding to call Henry and ask him if he was free. After all, he was probably going to go back to Toronto and see his family… damn it, you really hoped you wouldn’t be disturbing him.

 

You anxiously pressed on his name and waited. He picked up after it rang once, his happy voice resounding in a perfect English.

 

“Hello?”

“Henry? Are you free on the 23rd?”

“Ah, it’s you! Yeah, I’m free! Wanna hang out?”

“Y-yeah! That’s exactly why I was calling you, actually!”

“Let’s hang out, then! What do you feel like doing?”

“I’m not sure…”

“It doesn’t need to be complicated.”

“Then… maybe we could just hang out at my apartment and you could bring your violin? I love hearing you play ~”

“Sure, we can do that. You’re still at the same place right? When do you want me to be there?”

“Yeah, I’m still at the same place, and maybe at noon? We could have lunch together, I’ve got plenty of stuff to eat around here.”

“Oh, I’ll bring lunch instead, okay? Save the food for dinner, just in case, okay?”

“All right, sure! What do you plan on bringing?”

“You’ll see! Anyway, I’ll see you then!”

“Okay! See ya!”

 

He hung up, making you throw yourself on your bed in relief. He was free, and he had accepted! You had no idea what he had planned to bring for lunch, nor what you were going to do other than him playing and you listening, but… in any case, you needed to find a present for him now. There was no way you were going to wait without anything for him.

 

*************

 

Henry was on time, as usual. When he knocked at your door, you went to open it, smiling at him, making him come in. When he took his coat off, you chuckled. Oh, he was in his stereotypically Canadian lumberjack shirt, along with simple jeans. You liked that style on him. It was simple, but it was a perfect fit with his personality. He was such a simple, adorable man, and he was so perfect at the same time ugh…

 

“Hiya ~” he said once he was finally done taking his coat off.

“Hey. I hope it wasn’t too much trouble coming here?”

“Nah, don’t worry about that, it was an easy ride. Here, I brought my violin.”

“Niiiice ~”

“And lunch.”

 

He took out a bag, handing it to you. You peeked inside, smiling widely when you saw what it was.

 

“Sushi!”

“Yep ~  Hope you like sushi?”

“I LOVE sushi!”

 

He smiled so much that his eyes somehow disappeared in his cheeks.

 

“Glad you do.”

 

You went to the dining room to eat, sharing the sushi he had brought back and filling your cheeks with delicious food. You chuckled when you saw him looking like a chipmunk.

 

“You’re so cute like this,” you said with a laugh.

“Hmm?”

“Like this, with your cheeks full ~ It reminds me of when you started out, you had mochi cheeks ~ It was adorable ~”

 

He rolled his eyes, finishing his bite before he spoke.

 

“Not that much. I was chubby…”

“But cute.”

“But chubby.”

“Chubby is good.”

“Not for my job…”

 

You pouted.

 

“It’s a shame though, because your chubby mochi cheeks were adorable.”

“Are you saying I’m not adorable anymore?”

“That’s not it at all, idiot…”

 

He laughed.

 

“I’m just teasing you! But I do wonder what you think of my appearance now.”

“Well…”

 

Ugh. You couldn’t really tell him that you were basically in love with all of your biases, right? And that all of them were just such perfect men that you wanted to have them in your life… and in your bed… and uugggh.

 

“You look very handsome,” you ended up saying, judging that it was a good answer that wasn’t too revealing either.

“You really think so?”

“I do. You know I’m not lying.”

“Yeah, I know.”

 

He was smiling, obviously happy. You both kept on eating sushi, finishing all of them, Henry having eaten the rest once you felt full. It was always making you impressed just how much this guy was eating. Sure, he was tall and healthy and he was a young man who needed energy, but damn. He didn’t even look bloated, he just seemed like he had just eaten enough.

“It was delicious ~” he commented once he was done.

“It was. Where did you find these?”

“Oh, it’s a little Japanese take-out restaurant nearby. I thought I’d stop there on the way here.”

“Excellent idea ~ I’m surprised you could find a restaurant with sushi, not kimbap. I mean, it’s the same idea, but sushi…”

“I know what you mean. It just doesn’t taste the same, right?”

“Yeah. It’s a bit different, just enough for me to feel like eating sushi over kimbap at times.”

 

He nodded, making you smile. It was nice to discuss with someone else who wasn’t born in Korea… most Koreans were simply accepting kimbap as a normal dish, while you, being an outsider, weren’t used to all of the Korean dishes yet.

 

“Anyway, you ready for some songs?” he asked with a smile.

“I’m always ready for some of your songs,” you answered.

 

Henry chuckled before he got up, going to get his violin, going in the living room where you followed him. He made sure his violin was tuned before he started playing, starting off with a cover of ‘Lighters’, then playing ‘Fantastic’, before he started playing some of his band’s songs on his violin, his amazing skills making you shiver. He finished after a little while, taking a break, smiling.

 

“How was it?”

“I had shivers during your entire performance. It was a-ma-zing.”

“I’m glad you liked it.”

 

You then somehow ended up in his arms, being hugged by him. You knew he was a very huggy person when he was with you for some reason, but damn, he was quick. You hadn’t really noticed him doing that. Oh well. He was warm and comfy. And full of muscles.

 

“Hey, Henry…”

“Yeah?”

“I’ve got a present for you.”

“You do? That wasn’t necessary!”

“But I wanted to get one for you.”

“All right, then. Since you got one especially for me, I’ll accept it.”

 

You chuckled.

 

“You don’t even know what it is yet.”

“That’s all right, I’m sure you got something cool.”

 

You smiled and got up, going to get the present, bringing it back to him. He unwrapped it like a child – destroying the paper while doing so – and smiled widely once he saw what it was. You had gotten him a Tefal cooking pan, since you knew he was good at cooking, and you knew a good pan was always a good thing to have.

 

“Niiiice! That’s awesome. Thanks,” he said, thanking you some more by kissing your cheek.

 

You blushed at his kiss.

 

“My pleasure. I thought you might appreciate a good pan…”

“I do.”

 

He looked into your eyes, pulling you in his arms a little. You let him do what he wanted to do, blushing some more, looking at him. You opened wide surprised eyes when he suddenly kissed you though.

 

“H-Henry…?” you somehow managed to say, getting cut by his lips pressing against yours a bit more.

 

You wouldn’t complain, but ugh. Damn. He was such a good kisser…

 

“Say… can I be your Christmas present?” he asked, breaking the kiss only once you both needed air.

“Eh?”

“I… I did try finding something good for you. But you did tell me you had gotten yourself your dream camera recently… so…”

 

He started rapping in your ear.

 

You want the finer things I’ll give you anything
And make your heart sing sweet like a violin
There ain’t no questioning you know we got a thing
And with the love so true so it ain’t a sin

Girl oneureun eodiseo bolkka?
Neodo nawa gateulkka?
Ne saenggangman halge

What up girl pyeongsaeng ne bore muldeun haengbogi dwaejulge baby

 

You recognized the lyrics of his song ‘My Everything’ and melted from the inside. You couldn’t help a wide smile. That part was so adorable. And you somehow knew he really meant those lyrics…

 

“1-4-3,” he whispered in your ear.

“2-1-4,” you replied with a smirk.

“Eh? In which language is it 2-1-4?”

“In French.”

“Oh. Right.”

 

You chuckled.

 

“Aren’t you supposed to ‘know’ French?”

“Sort of…”

“Aw, come on. You always brag on shows that you know French. Liar ~”

“I’m not a liar, I just… it’s for my reputation…”

 

You laughed softly and cut him by kissing him.

 

“I know, Henry. 2-1-4.”

“1-4-3.”

“Je t’aime.”

“I love you.”

 

You looked at each other with a little smile before you both spoke at the same time.

 

“Saranghae.”