Option

Merry Christmas! (a present for my readers)

You ended up deciding to call Jonghyun – JR from NU’EST – and ask him if he was free. This was awkward, because you hadn’t known about him for long, and you were mostly a fan of his growling voice when he rapped. Okay, you also loved his smile and you definitely thought of him as a mix between Donghae from Super Junior, Dongwoon from BEAST and Amber from f(x), but you were not going to tell him that.

 

You anxiously pressed on his name and waited. He picked up after it rang three times, a hoarse y animalistic growl coming at you from the other side of the line.

 

“Yeoboseyo?”

“Jonghyun? It’s me. Are you free on the 23rd?”

“Ah, it’s you, noona. I think I’m probably free, yeah… why?”

“Could you make sure you are, please? I wanted to see you before Christmas. You know… to have a little Christmas celebration together.”

 

You heard him rummage through his stuff on his side of the phone. He was probably checking his schedule. As a leader, he was much busier than your other biases…

 

“All right, yeah, I’m free. So you wanted to hang out?”

“Yeah, if that doesn’t bother you.”

“It doesn’t. What did you want to do?”

“Nothing too complicated, I guess? Just… hang out, you know.”

“Maybe we could go in town and walk together until we’re cold, and then we could go warm up somewhere?”

“Sure! We can come at my apartment if anything.”

“Good. When do you want to meet?”

“At one in the afternoon? After lunch.”

“That’s good for me. Where do we meet?”

“At that nearby park? Same spot where we usually hang out?”

“That’s fine with me. I’ll see you then, noona.”

“Yep ~ See ya ~”

 

He hung up, making you throw yourself on your bed in relief. Ugh, that had been a bit awkward. You didn’t know him as much as the others, but it had been love at first sight when you had seen him… damn, you felt pathetic. At least you would get to walk in the snow… with him… possibly hand in hand? Nah, you didn’t dare hope for that. But uuuugh, that reminded you of ‘Hello’… and how he had kissed the girl in the MV… and how he ING LOOKED LIKE A GOOD KISSER UGH.

 

You sighed.

 

In any case, you needed to find a present for him now. There was no way you were going to go without anything for him... right?

 

*************

 

Oh my ing God he’s back to his dark hair.

 

That was the first thought that went through your mind as you walked towards him with a smile. You could clearly remember how handsome he looked with his blonde hair, but damn, you liked his dark hair a lot more. You hadn’t seen him in person for a while, only seeing him through videos and photos, but you hadn’t really registered that the videos were recent and that he had darker hair now. You liked it when it was a bit longer, ‘Face’ style, but… meh. Oh well. He looked adorable anyway.

 

He seemed completely lost in his thoughts though, looking like a lost puppy. That was even more adorable. How could he look so perfect even when he was completely zoned out?

 

“Jonghyun?”

 

He blinked a few times and looked around after hearing his name, smiling when he saw you. Ugh how could his smile be so hot…

 

“Annyeonghaseyo, noona.”

 

WHY WAS HIS VOICE SO PERFECT. He had said TWO words so far and you were melting from the inside because of his voice already. Uuuugh.

 

“Hey ~”

 

He suddenly smiled a lot more, walking closer to you.

 

“How have you been? It’s been a while.”

“I’ve been good! What about you?”

“Good too. Busy, but good. I’m glad I managed to get a real day off today.”

 

You nodded, forcing yourself to stop looking at his lips. Damn it.

 

“That’s cool. Ready to go walk?”

“Sure am. Let’s go.”

 

You started walking, not really going anywhere. You just felt like hanging out and discussing, after all.

 

“How are things going?” you asked him, looking at him, swallowing with difficulty when your eyes got attracted to his lips once again.

“They’re going great. We’re working on songs a lot so we can prepare our next comeback.”

“That’s so cool.”

“Yeah, and we’re also rehearsing a lot for the stages during the holidays.”

“It’s a lot of work, isn’t it…”

“It is, but it’s fun. Very tiring though. We end up fooling around pretty often, so it’s okay. It’s much more fun like this.”

 

You chuckled softly, opening wide eyes when you suddenly tripped on an ice patch and felt yourself lose your balance. You closed your eyes, ready to hit the ground… but instead, you found yourself pressed in a fluffy coat with strong arms around you.

 

“Gwaenchanhayo?” he asked with a deep growl in your ear, making you shiver.

“Y-yeah, I’m all right…”

 

You reopened your eyes, your heart racing, both because you had almost fallen and because you were in his arms, nose in his coat, and his coat smelled like him, and it was wonderful. You had no idea what he smelled like exactly, but damn. He smelled good…

 

You felt your cheeks turning to a bright red.

 

“Jonghyun…”

“Can you stand up on your own?”

“I’m not a baby…”

“You won’t fall if I let go of you?”

“Jonghyun, I’m all right.”

 

He chuckled and slowly let go of you, taking your hand in his, his fingers sliding between yours, making you shiver again.

 

“Here. Like this, you won’t fall. I’ll prevent you from losing your balance.”

 

You nodded softly.

 

“Thanks, Jonghyun.”

 

You kept on walking like this, by his side, hand in hand. Your heart was beating so fast that you were afraid it would burst out of your chest. You could feel Jonghyun squeezing your fingers softly at times as he was talking, and often it was an unconscious reaction to what you two were saying.

 

“This feels like ‘Yeoboseyo’,” you ended up saying, blushing.

“It sort of does, now that you mention it… it’s snowing a lot.”

“Yeah…”

 

He had a little smile.

 

“Are you imagining things, noona?”

“Th-things?”

“Yeah, things. Like the kiss.”

 

You turned bright red and hid in your scarf.

 

“A… a bit…”

“We didn’t know each other back then.”

“I know…”

“I’m glad. Otherwise I would have totally refused to do the kiss scene.”

 

You looked at him with wide eyes. Wait… what?

 

“You…”

“I would’ve refused to do the kiss scene. Because I would’ve tried going out with you and, well… kissing an actress for a MV is not the best way to do that.”

 

He was hidden in his scarf too, now. He wasn’t blushing, but… he did seem very shy…

 

“Y-you’re serious about this, aren’t you…?”

“Of course I am, noona! Geez…”

 

You laughed softly, squeezing his fingers. Was that his way to tell you that he had feelings for you?

 

“But, Jonghyun… I’m a bit of a dumb person. I’ll need a bit of clarification, since, well… I’m not really sure of what you mean ~”

“… you’re kidding me aren’t you.”

“No, I’m not kidding you. I need you to explain it to me better.”

 

He had a little chuckle before he looked around. You were near the water, some couples were walking here and there… but nobody else. No sasaeng. Nobody with a camera nearby. Nobody had noticed the two of you thanks to the snow. Good.

 

He made you stop walking, gently putting a hand on your waist, pulling you towards him. And then, his lips touched yours and you both closed your eyes. You snuggled in his arms, savoring the kiss. , the MV wasn’t lying… he was such a good kisser…

 

“Is it easier to understand now, noona?” he whispered in the kiss before he captured your lips again.

“Hmm…”

 

You kept on kissing for a little while, only stopping once you needed air. You knew you were going to be addicted to his lips… you already were.

 

“Noona… saranghae,” he said in your ear in a low voice, making you shiver.

“I love you too, Jonghyun,” you replied before you went for his lips once more.

 

When you broke the kiss once more, you pouted a bit.

 

“I… I tried finding you a present… but I couldn’t find anything good enough… so… maybe you can just tell me what you’d like… and I’ll get it for you?”

 

He chuckled a little, hugging you tighter.

 

“Sure, there’s something I’ve wanted for a while now…”

“What is it?”

“You. Please be my Christmas present, noona.”

 

You couldn’t help but smile.

 

“Sure. I’ll be your Christmas present. Merry Christmas, Jonghyun.”

“To you too, noona.”