Step It Up, Step It Down

Am I Yours?

Youngji was pacing to and fro while waiting for Hongbin's call. As nervous as her were her KARA eonnies; they had a similar scene like this during the JunHara days.

"eonnie what if--" Youngji started but Hara cut her. "As long as you do what you think is right, we will guide and support you all the way," KARA's visual said. 

Suddenly, Youngji's phone rang. Everyone panicked; they were screaming for half aminute before Gyuri calmed everyone down. Youngji answered the call, put it on speaker phone and said, "Yeoboseyo?"

Hongbin answered, "Youngji-yah! Mianhe I just saw your text. So wha--" 

Youngji cut the visual of VIXX. "Is this just a friendly date?" she asked.

Hongbin was silent for a minute before answering, "Yes, it is."

Youngji took a deep breath and explained what she had in mind. After that, Hongbin was silent again for a minute before saying, "Arasso, I'll be there."

Youngji smiled and said, "Gomawo, oppa."

 

The next day Youngji was going to the Roommate house. She got her stuff and went outside her dorm where her manager is waiting. As she got on, Youngji cannot help but feel nervous about this. This is her first date as an idol; many people will say things about it if it goes out. However, Youngji remembered that he promised it would be a secret date and a friendly one. After a few minutes, Youngji went off her car and went a cafe which was shown the first episode of Roommate season 2. Youngji sat on the chair at the second floor. After a few seconds...

"Youngji!"

"Jackson!"

The two maknaes of Roommate greeted each other and hugged each other. They stayed hugging for half a minute before Youngji said, "I have to tell you something."

Jackson released Youngji and they sat across each other. Before Youngji could speak, Jackson asked, "Why here?"

Youngji replied, "Hongbin-oppa asked me out today too. But we will shoot today, so I chose to go out with you."

Jackson just nodded, but deep down he was saying Yeah boy! 

The waiter then arrived and the two ordered their dirnks. After they ordered, Jackson asked, "So you turned Hongbin-sshi  down completely?"

"No," Youngji said, surprising Jackson. The KARA maknae continued, "We'll meet some other day. He said, like you did, that it was a friendly date..."

Jackson's face went totally from smiling to solemn. Youngji notced ths so she brought out cheese. "Remeber this?" Youngji asked, "You got mad at me last time and you liked cheese so..."

"I'm not mad," Jackson said

"I'm your friend, Jackson," Youngji said as she handed to the GOT7 member the cheese, "I can read through you."

Jackson then noticed that Youngji was wearing the necklace that he got her. Jackson smiled and said, "Thank you  for this."

Youngji smiled and said, "No problem."

The two then chatted of what happened between them during the week. The two shared their experience during practice as the year-end festivals are nearing, though Jackson seems to be busier than Youngji. 

"Oh," Jackson said as he remembered something, "Did you practice for your performance later at the Christmas party?"

Youngji nodded and said, "Kureomyo! It's hard that I will have to sing and dance and be in sync with Seho-oppa and trying not to laugh."

Jackson chuckled and said, "Me...I'll just be sitting while Gookju-noona dances, but I wished she danced with me and not with Kangjun-hyung."

Youngji asked Jackson, "You like Gookju-eonnie?"

Jackson answered, "Aren't you watching our show? Of course I like her."

Youngji suddenly stood up and left Jackson. Jackson, surprised by what Youngji did, chased the KARA maknae who was walking towards the Roommate house.

When Jackson caught up with Youngji, he asked, "Hey! Why did you leave so sudden? I had to pay and ra--"

"Why don't you ask Gookju-eonnie on a friendly date then? I'm sure she'll not just stand up and leave," Youngji said irritably as she continued walking towards the Roommate house. 

Jackson caught up to Youngji again, this time holding her hand. "Gookju-noona is different. She's more of a family like Kangjun-hyung. You know it's the three of us, and me with Jjoon-hyung that are really close."

"Then why don't you ask them to go out with you?" Youngji said before leaving Jackson again.

Jackson was getting frustrated at why Youngji was acting that way. He caught up with her and hugged her this time. "I'm closest with you, so I asked you out! What's wrong with you and why are you acting like that?" Jackson asked.

Youngji said nothing as she was taking in what Jackson had just said. She then asked, "What am I to you?"

Jackson made Youngji face him and answered, "You're...You're...You'remy korean best friend."

Youngji nodded and said, "Okay then. Let's go  now to the house."

Youngji moved away from Jackson and walked silently towards the house, making sure that she was ahead of Jackson.

So I am just a best friend...I was right during that interview and with my eonnies. We are not in a some relationship. Youngji thought, making her somewhat sad and down. 

Why is Youngji acting this way? Did I say something? I better ask Gookju-noona later. Jackson thought. However, he'll forget this thought as a surprise awaits for him at the Christmas party of Roommate.

(A/N: Watch the Dec.23 Christmas Special part 2 of Roommate for Jackson's gift from JYP.)