Hit the Lights, Let's go!

Am I Yours?

The members of KARA just got home from an event. Gyuri, Seungyeon and Hara were all exhausted but Youngji was still as active as ever as she is in a chatroom with her fellow Roommate co-stars. Hara was watching Youngji giggle then sigh in exasperation. 

Hara asked Youngji, "What's going on?"

"Jackson is being stubborn again!" Youngji ranted as she furiously typed on her phone.

Hara just shook her head and said, "Does Jackson really see you just as a friend?"

Youngji looked at Hara. "Not you too, unnie," Youngji said.

Hara chuckled and replied, "Just asking. You must know that I was once in a public relationship."

Youngji answered, "Jackson doesn't like me like a girl. Just as a normal sister."

Hara whipered to herself, "That is just what Junhyung-oppa said about me before."

Youngji heard it and said, "What?! Unnie!"

Seungyeon suddenly said, "Don't scare the kid with your heartbreak. Let her love Jackson."

Youngji sighed and said, "Unniedeul, I am not in love with Jackson nor will I ever be."

Gyuri said from the front seat, "Exact words of Hara before she and Junhyung went--"

"Ja, ja, let's not talk about the past now," Hara said to divert the teasing back to Youngji. 

When they arrived at their dorm, they were surprised to see VIXX's Hongbin and Hyuk standing outside the building. What surprised Gyuri, Seungyeon and Hara more is that Hongbin was carrying a boquet of flowers while Hyuk is carrying four lunchboxes.

"What is Hongbin doing here?" Hara asked.

Youngji, the one closest to the VIXX members, shook her head; Hongbin did not inform her about their visit.

"Oppa, what are you doing here?" Youngji asked when the KARA members got off their van.

"Sunbaenim, annyeonghaseyo!" Hyuk greeted lively, as he have always doen when greeting other idols, especially his seniors.

However, Hongbin stared at Youngji for about five seconds and then greeted the other KARA members, "Annyeonghaseyo."

Gyuri, uncomfortable with how Hongbin had just stared at Youngji and also with the fact that he is holding a boquet of flowers, stepped forward and acted as if she is shielding Youngji with her body. "What is it? I am sorry but we are tired and we cannot entertain guests at the moment."

Hongbin said, "We understand. I...I mean we prepared lunchboxes for you, sunbaenim. Hyuk-ah?"  

Hyuk then handed over the lunchboxes and Youngji received them. "Gomapseupnida," the maknae of KARA said to the maknae of VIXX.

Hongbin then continued, "I know you are all tired, but can I talk to Young--"

"No," Gyuri strenly said, "She is tired and will have to go back to the Roommate house in an hour. You may talk to her via text. We have to go in now. Good night."

"Can she at least take the flowers?" Hongbin pleaded.

Gyuri nodded but, seeing Youngji holding the lunchboxes, took the flowers herself. Looking at her other members, Gyuri signaled the four of them to go up. Youngji said a quick goodbye before disappearing into the building.

Hyuk said to Hongbin, "Tough luck, hyung. Taekwoon-hyung was right."

Hongbin sighed and said, "I had to try right?"

 

"Why did you send them away unnie? We could have at least offered a drink," Youngji asked Gyuri as the four of them entered their dorm. 

"We are not ready for a second Hara and it will not be you, Youngji...Not yet," Gyuri said. 

 

~Roommate Chatroom~

Heo Youngji: I'll be going home!

Lee Gookju: Hurry back, Youngji! We were having samgyupsal and lettuce wraps~

Lee Dongwook: She'll finish this all if you don't go back home.

Heo Youngji: Unnie, Oppa, who else is home?

Park Joon: I'm in the house, yo! But other than us three, no one else is here.

Wang Jackson: I'm on my way there, Jjoon-hyung!

Heo Youngji: Oh really? Let's meet at the gate, Jackson.

Wang Jackson: Good. I'm carrying a lot of stuff and you can help me, Youngji.

Heo Youngji: Yah, why are you asking me to carry stuff?

Wang Jackson: You're human, right? You can carry stuff.

Heo Youngji: I'm a girl!

Wang Jackson: Oh right...And you said that Taecyeon-sunbae is more handsome than I am.

Heo Youngji: When will you get over that?!

Jo Seho: Go to your own chatroom, Jackson and Youngji. You're flooding the notifications!

Sunny: I'm enjoying reading this, Seho-oppa. Let them~

Lee Dongwook: Reading them bickering while eating samgyupsal is goo~ But remember, Jackson, Youngji, bicker more and we'll arrange your marriage.

Wang Jackson: Hyung!

Heo Youngji: Oppa!

~End of chat~

 

The chatroom went silent as Youngji and Jackson arrived at the same time in front of the Roommate house. Jackson said to Youngji, "Hey, help me with this."

"Yah!" Youngji said in disbelief since Jackson is asking her to carry just a small box.

Jackson went to her and shoved the box into her hands, "They're your present, babo. Come on let's go in."

Youngji was stunned; Jackson rarely gives her a present. As she was pondering on her thoughts...

"Yah!" Jackson suddenly pulled Youngji from the middle of the street. The suddenness of Jackson's pulling caused Jackson to hug Youngji. A car zoomed past by and Youngji was standing in the middle of the road. 

"Jeongshin charyeot (Get into your senses), Heo Youngji," Jackson said. 

Now, the two were frozen on the spot. Jackson's arms remained around Youngji, not kniwng what to do. Youngji, with her gift on her hand, hugged Jackson back. Youngji said with utmost sincerity, "Thank you, Jackson."

Jackson couldn't reply; his heart was beating too fast and he is sure Youngji can feel it. 

"No public hugging," Seo Kangjun said as he appeared behind the two. 

The two released each other, embarassed. But the same question went into Youngji's mind and Jackson's:

 

Why were their hearts beating fast when they were hugging?