Flashbacks

What's wrong with me?

I want you to stay way from Jenny.....

The same words repeated in Jungkook's head. 

Was it true? Was he the cause of all her pain? 

He tried to shake the thought from his head. 

Ugh, I need a quiet place to think. 

Jungkook walked into the woods and thought deeply.

Should he stay away from Jenny? No, I can't. 

Then what to do..... He couldn't avoid her....

This was so frustrating!!!!!! He wanted to be with her, but at the same time, he didn't want to hurt her.

He had had a long history with her. He could still remember that day....... A faint ghost of a smile played on his lips as he remembered so clearly....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Brrrrring!!!!

"Okay class, you can go to recess!" The teacher said while putting some of her folders away.

Everyone in the 4th grade class had ran out to the playground. Jungkook was the only person without someone to play with. He was the new student, and also looked alot different than now. He had small, framed glasses with tangled shaggy hair that partially covered his eyes.

He walked out slowly to the playground, kicking a few rocks here and there, wondering why where ever he went he had no friends.

Jungkook sat on the bench, and watched the other kids running around, laughing as they chased each other.

'I wished I had a friend like that.' 

Suddenly, out of no where, a girl popped out in front of him.

She had a small face, big brown chocolatey eyes with long lashes, and long straight hair that framed her face perfectly.

'Wow, is she a doll?'

"Hi! My name is Jenny. Let's be friends!" She exclaimed, and took a hold of his hand and dragged him away to the playground. 

"Wait, wha- woah!!!!!" He stumbled after him. 'Well, that was fast. I made a friend in a second.'

She pulled him onto the swings and spinned around so that they were face to face.

"Okay, so whats your name?"

"Oh, my name is Jungkook." He slightly blushed and ducked his head.

"That's a cool name! Jungkook, junkook. Your name means first place nationwide. I like it." The girl smiled brightly, showing all her pearly white teeth.

He smiled a little, then sheepishly rubbed the back of his neck. "Well, I'm nowhere near being a junkook, but I appreciate your complement."

"Come on, lets swing!" Jenny pushed off of the ground and started to swing her legs so that she would go higher and higher.

Jungkook did the same, and swung to the same rhythm as Jenny. They spent the rest of the recess time talking and bonding over similarities.

~~~~~~~~

Jungkook smiled at the memory. Then he remembered the dark night..... He felt his shoulders sag as the flashback happened.

I was so selfish then........

~~~~~~~~

4 years later.........

Jenny walked into the classroom where Jungkook was waiting for her next to her seat. She couldn't help but notice how much he had changed over the years.

Girls giggled when he passed by, and he had a fanclub for him to made by his female fans.

"Hey Jenny!" Jungkook smiled brightly and raised his hand for five. 

She slapped his hand and returned the smile. "Hi."

She sat awkwardly as Jungkook talked about a soccer competition that was coming up.

"Um, earth to Jenny?" Jungkook waved a hand in front of her face. "Did you hear my question?"

"Huh? Sorry, I spaced out. Now what was your question?"

"Can you come to my soccer game? It's this Saturday." Jungkook asked excitedly.

"Of course. What would I be not to come to my best friend's soccer game?" Jenny returned with a smile.

"Okay, see you then."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On Saturday, a few minutes before the game, Jungkook was searching the stands for Jenny.

Where is she?

After the game, he went to her house and started to furiously knock on her door when he realized the FOR SALE sign in the front yard.

He heard a shuffling noise behind him.

He turned around to see Jenny standing there.

"I'm so sorry Jungkook. I didn't know I was moving until today." The moonlight shone on her pretty white face. A light mist started to come down, and turned into pattering rain. 

"My parents let me stay to say bye to you. I have to go now." Jenny turned to leave, with glistening tears running down her face. She couldn't bear to leave Jungkook, but she had to go. 

Jungkook reached forward, and grabbed her hand, spinning her back into his arms. He hugged her, with tears streaming down his face.

They stayed like that for a long time, the rain lightly hitting their faces. 

Finally Jenny pulled away, and gave him one last sad, sweet smile. "Bye Jungkook."

"Bye Jenny." Jungkook watched her walk away until he couldn't see her anymore.

He whispered the last words, " I love you."