(5YN) Unlucky

Love of a CEO

Author's Note: Well here's the next chapter. All these characters are somehow connected with one another. That's because I'll be too lazy to add new characters. It'll be a lot more chaotic and complicated. Here you go! 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Yoona's POV 

 

"Yoona-ah, can you pass me the bowl please?" 

"Yes unnie!" I replied cheerfully. I passed her the bowl. 

The cake is looking beautiful so far. Sooyoung unnie carefully sprinkles some of the white carved chocolate shavings on the pure white cake. Haha! Don't be deceived! It may look like a fancy white, vanilla cake from the outside, but it's more than that on the inside. 

Inside of the cake, there's chocolate bread that tastes like coffee. There's mint-flavored filling that will create a refreshing breeze when you swallow the cake. Omo! Omo! I'm drooling. 

"Don't drool! I'm already drooling! I might actually drool on the cake, so stop!" Of course, Sooyoung unnie has it worse. She's the real shikshin. She wiped .

Choi Sooyoung and Im Yoona (that's me). We're chefs. Well Sooyoung is. She opened up her own café and hired me after she found out my passion for food. I love looking at food, I love smelling food, I love eating food; I love food. I can't really cook, but I'm great at decorating. That's what I'm in charge of, and I'm proud of it. 

"Can I decorate now?" I asked impatiently. Sooyoung nods and passes me the bowl.

"Fine, but only because if I'm around this cake any longer, I'll eat it all up in one gulp." 

I start laughing at the sight of cartoon Sooyoung sitting down, chubby and having a cake-shaped body because she ate a cake in one bite. 

"I know what you're picturing. Shut up and add some of the chocolate mint shavings too." 

I do as she says. The cake is just beautiful now. I feel like crying. My mouth is being filled up with my own saliva. I swallow. 

"This looks so good. I really want to eat it." I whine. "Who ordered this?"

"Jessica." Sooyoung replies. If I had dog ears, my ears would have perched up. 

"Jessica unnie?" 

I love her! She's like the sister I never had! I met her when I first started to work here. She visited one day and I came to admire her to death. Some people thought, or think I have a girl crush on her, but really, I don't. I do admire and love her to death; she's really beautiful, but I just don't sense the spark. 

"Why did she order it?" She usually only calls in and orders when an important event is coming up. Most of the time, she just walks in and orders, then sits, eats, and chills with us.

"It's my safe haven." she told me when I asked why she came over so often. I didn't really get it until Sooyoung told me she came here whenever their friend would go overboard with trying to court her. 

"I have two shops. This café and a restaurant in the more popular part of the city. She only knows about the restaurant." Was what Sooyoung said when I asked how the girl trying to court Sica unnie hasn't tried looking here. 

"Sica said her little sister is coming back to visit." 

"What? Really?" 

Jessica told me about her sister once. I could tell it was rare when she would talk about her little sister, Krystal. I was told I look like Krystal, so some people mistaken me as a  Hollywood star sometimes. They even mistaken me as Jessica's little sister, since I look like Krystal so much. I don't mind though. 

"That's great! This is a time when sisters start to become each other's backbone." Sooyoung nodded in agreement. 

"I just want to drag Krystal over here and have her sign something and hang it here to attract more people." 

I laughed at her idea. Business was going great, but our café would probably be overwhelmed if we have even more customers. But hey, more money right? 

"It's 4." Sooyoung sadly stated. I look at the clock hung on the wall and sigh. That means my shift is over. I sigh and take off my apron.

"Unlike other people, I love my work." I say. Sooyoung nods. 

"I gotta go pick up my friends from the airport too." Sooyoung says. She also takes off her apron after putting away the cake.

"Okay. See you tomorrow." I wash my hands before grabbing my stuff from my personal locker and leaving. 

"Bye, see you tomorrow!" I yell to my coworkers and Sooyoung. They all reply with a simple but extended "byeeeeeeeee". I feel like a kid when I come here. 

I walk out of the café and head to the library. I have nothing else to do today and I really wanted to finish reading a book I discovered a few days ago. My eyes widened when I see a familiar figure cross a road. 

"Sulli-ah!" She called in sick. Why is she out with a guy then? She turns around and sees me. Her eyes widen and she takes off running with the guy following. 

"Sulli! Wait up!" I shouted. I started running towards her direction after checking the roads. 

Honk! 

I felt something collide against my leg. I lost balance and fell. The hard ground scraped my skin. I checked my arm and saw that a patch of skin was torn and bleeding. It wasn't bad though. 

"Oh my gosh! Are you alright?" 

I stand up and brush myself off. I'm checking my my body for anymore injuries. 

"Yeah I'm fi-," 

"Yah! You could have created a dent in my baby!" 

My jaw drops when I realize she was asking her own car if it was okay. Is she serious? A car is an inanimate object! 

"Yah! You could've killed me!" I argued. I take a good look at the driver. She has long black hair, brown eyes, and a tannish skin tone. She's beautiful, y, in my standard. Too bad she's such a -

"So what?! It's your fault you decided to run towards my car!" 

"Oh ho ho! YOU PIECE OF !" I gestured at the stop sign. 

"THERE'S A DAMN STOP SIGN YOU ! THAT MEANS YOU WERE THE ONE THAT WAS SPEEDING! YOU DIDN'T EVEN STOP!"

          I felt like I was hyperventilating. I've never been this pissed off in my whole entire life. I tried to calm my breathing, but I couldn't when she looked like she didn't give a damn. 

"I don't give a damn." she says. I stand correct. I might as well become a mind reader.

"What the…" I grit my teeth and clench my fists. 

"But to keep us out of court or from you suing me… Be right back." She hops into her car. Soon after, she comes back with a check in hand. 

"I didn't write down a price. Your choice, as long as we don't go to court." 

Punch! 

She falls back against her car and holds her nose. She gives me a "what the hell, I'm going to kill you" look. 

"!" I yell. Then, I stomp away to Seohyun's house since I'm not in a mood to read anymore. (I met her at the library and we became best friends since. Then, I found out that she knows Jessica. Small world.)

My heart burns with rage, although I feel a bit better punching her in the face. I start laughing when I remember her reaction. She was so rude. She doesn't deserve to have any love. I hope she never gets a boyfriend.