(11TY) Meeting the Jungs

Love of a CEO

Author's Note: I know this chapter might not have much happening here, but this chapter is when most of the characters meet. Not much TaeNy here. A lot of TaengSic, but I promise next TaeNy's POVs will have more TaeNy moments. For now, here you go! 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Taeyeon's POV 

 

"What am I doing here?" I mumbled. Sunny smacked the back of my head. 

"Yah!" I shouted in my ahjumma voice. 

"I said to give it a rest… Let's just ask Sica for help." I frowned at the idea. Crossing my arms, I replied. 

"My parents' optical shop can do well without her help."

"Ah really? Then why are we sitting in her office?" 

I slumped down further on the black leather armchair. My chin tilted downwards and hid under my scarf, covering my nose. 

"Exactly. You need her help." 

"Stupid." I muttered to no one in particular. It was directed at the situation. Sunny turns when someone opens the door.

"Ah, hey Sunny-" I hear a pause.

"-and Taeyeon." I didn't greet her back. Instead, I remained quiet. 

"Ouch." I touched my side where Sunny elbowed me. I wish I could kill her. Too bad I love her too much. Besides, she's the only worker I have that is great with customer service… And the only employee I have. 

Jessica takes a seat in the office chair behind the desk that's in front of us. I shifted uncomfortably. I want to trade seats with Sunny. Jessica is right in front of me while Sunny is off to the side a bit. 

"So what's the visit about?" asked Jessica. I could sense she was uncomfortable, which made it a bit more awkward for me. When I peeked up, I noticed that she was looking at Sunny. 

"Taeyeon here needs your help." She's taken back by surprise. 

"Oh?" She looks at me. 

Gosh Sunny. I tried not to glare at the shorter aegyo queen. You know we don't get along anymore. Why are you putting me on the spotlight? I'm gonna have a talk with her after this. 

"You need my help?" 

To my surprise, her tone doesn't seem confused or surprised. Instead, Jessica seems excited. I stare into her warm brown eyes. After all these years, perhaps does she... I inwardly sighed. Although I'm usually oblivious to feelings, I know Sica. 

"Sunny can you leave us?" I spoke up. This time, both are surprised by my request. 

"Try not to kill her." Sunny mumbles as she stood up and left. Jessica props her elbows on her desk and rests her chin on her palms.

"What's up?" 

"My parents need some help with their shop and I don't have the financial funds or the connections to advertisement." I reply. Jessica nods as if she understands.

"Ah." 

She touches her lips and bites a finger like she always does when contemplating something while sitting in that position. 

"I'll see what I can do. I'd have to talk to mom and dad about-" Jessica paused when I raised my eyebrow. She cleared and sat up. 

"I mean, I'll have to talk to Mr. and Mrs. Kim about this then." 

"When are you free?" She starts clicking on her PC. 

"Uh. I'm free after 3 tomorrow." Jessica replied without taking her eyes off the screen. I take out my phone and call my mom.

"Hi mom." I smiled. 

"Taeyeon-ah! It's been so long!"

"You mean a few hours?" 

"That's still long to me." My smile fades a bit. I feel guilty for not visiting or calling my parents so much. 

"Oh? How's Jessica? Did you talk to her yet?" 

I'm guessing Jessica heard this because she suddenly smiles to herself while staring at the monitor. 

"Yeah. She agreed to help the shop out. In fact, she wants to meet tomorrow."

"Ah! Come! Come! I haven't seen both of you for so long!" 

Jessica finally takes her eyes of the screen and watches me. 

"Okay. Is there anything you want from Seoul?" 

"No, no. Just bring yourself and your girlfriend." 

"She's not my girlfriend." I snapped. Jessica shifts uncomfortable from across me and looks at her monitor again. 

"Oh, yeah. I forgot. Sigh. That's too bad. I really liked her." 

I didn't know what to say. My parents accepted the fact that I like and date girls. I didn't want to disappoint them any more than I may have already done. 

"Dad!" My mom called for her husband. 

"Taetae is coming over tomorrow!" I hear a muffled yet audible reply.

"That's great!" 

After we cleared everything, I hung up. 

"Are they doing well?" Jessica asked. She was referring to their health. 

"Yeah." I replied. I stood up. 

"I'll see you tomorrow." I was about to turn away when Sica jumped up.

"Wait!" I stopped. 

"W-where are we going to meet?" Oh that's right. I mentally smacked myself.

"Soshi Café?" I couldn't think of another place to meet. We used to meet up there all the time when we were close. 

"Ah. Okay. I got it." She gave me a small smile.

"Okay." I walked out of the office and see Sunny flirting with a taller man wearing a business suit. I sighed. Kick! 

"Ah!" Her knees bent forward.

"Let's go shortie." I say. I pulled her ear to drag her away while she continued to swear and curse at me.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

I frowned as I checked the time. Jessica is 20 minutes late. She didn't get into a car accident, right? 

"What's wrong with you? You've been pacing around the room for 10 minutes." Sunny says without looking up from her Nintendo. How does she even notice when she's occupied with that game of hers?

"Jessica is 10 minutes late." I replied. 

"Ohhhhh. Worried much?"

"No." I denied and sat down on the couch next to her. The studio was closed for today since I'll be in Jeonju and Sunny is meeting with that Tiffany girl Sunny keeps talking about. 

"Are you and Sica dating again?" 

I sighed. It's true that I miss her, but I don't think I can love her like before anymore. 

"No." Before Sunny could pester me more about it, I beat her to a question. 

"Why do you hang out with pink gangsters?" 

I was referring to that Tiffany girl. I noticed that every time I see her, she's always wearing pink. Her car is even bright pink. 

"I only hang out with one, and its not like she sells pink ecstasy drugs or anything so calm down."

"She's so loud and annoying though." I continued. 

"And how would you know that?" 

"You don't put your phone on speaker and she still manages to make your phone into her own megaphone."

"Okay. I admit she's loud, but she's really fun. Stop being uptight. You'll never find a girlfriend if you're like that."

"Whatever. I don't need one."

"Sure."

"Oh hey." My eyebrow rose when I see two girls walk into my store. One girl I definitely recognize: Tiffany. The other looks really familiar. 

"Hey this is Krystal Jung. Krystal , say hi to Sunny Lee." 

"Ah. Hey." the girl named Krystal says with a small smile. 

"Krystal Jung right? You're really pretty! I really loved you in the movie 'Destiny's Tomorrow'! It was an amazing movie too!"

"Oh, thank you." 

"Ahem." I coughed. I don't usually into conversations but I need to talk to Sunny before she leaves. 

"Right, this is Kim Taeyeon, the owner of this place." 

"Hi. I'm Krystal Jung. Nice to meet you." 

As I study her face, I realize that she looks a bit like someone I know. I offered a smile. 

"Sorry. Krystal wanted to come along since she was bored at home."

"No. We also need your help too. I heard you're a really good event planner."

"I'm a really good party planner too, Krys." Tiffany says. 

"Shut up, Tiff. You're good at partying and drinking, but not at these types of stuff."

"You and I both know that is not tr-," 

"So would you help?" 

I zoned out of their conversation when my phone buzzes. Oh. Jessica's at Soshi Café.

"Lock up the shop." I order. Then I remember something else. "And when you leave to your hometown, buy me some of that candy they sell at the flea market. My mom loves those." 

Tiffany rolled her eyes when I walked pass her. What's her problem? I shook my head and muttered "pink freak" before exiting. 

Soshi Café was only a block from where my store is. 

When I get there, I have a seat where Jessica is seated. She's sitting in the same booth we always occupied when we were close. She was smiling softly with her phone in her hand as I approached her. 

"I just ordered coffee so can you wait a while?" she asked. I nodded. 

"Oh, Taeyeon-ah. Sica-ah." I heard Sunny. Oh. I forgot she was going to the same café as I am. I should've asked her for a ride. Wait, no. They took Tiffany's car. I would walk 2 miles better than being spotted in that pink car of hers. 

"Sunny-ah." Jessica smiles. Sunny drags Tiffany over to our table. Oh gosh.

"This is Tiffany Hwang, my highschool friend." Tiffany eye-smiled. Oh. She actually has a really pretty eye smile. Wait. Where's Krystal? 

"You told me about her before." Jessica reminisces. I rolled my eyes when I heard Jessica's annoying sweet voice. 

"This is Jessica Jung." Sunny introduced. Tiffany's eyes widened. 

"Jessica Jung-ssi? Jung Soo Yeon-ssi?" 

"Yes." Jessica answered carefully. 

"Jung Soo Jung is your little sister, right?" 

"Yes, that's correct. How did you know?"

Tiffany leans across the table and grasps Jessica's hands. 

"You're so pretty!" Tiffany exclaims. My eyebrows rise in disbelief. Really? Another one of Jessica's admirers?

"I'm going to order coffee." I announce and leave. When I stand in the line, I look up at the ceiling and released an exasperated sigh.

"This is going to be a long trip." 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's Note: I also updated "STAR" too. So Chapter 1 is up for "STAR". Plese check that and my other stories out too. Don't forget tocomment and tell me what you think. Thanks for your support guys!