(4TY) Slightly Open Closet

Love of a CEO

Author's Note: I know. I'm late. I'm sorry. I have no excuses. I was watching "The Maze Runner". That Minho guy is so hot. Ohmyghosh. I need to fan myself. Okay! Now on with the story! 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Taeyeon's POV 

 

I never really liked going out to places. I never really liked going out, in general. I like staying at home and just shut myself from the world. I don't like crowded places, I don't like attention, and I hate it when it is noisy. 

But now, I'm in South California. I'm walking down one of the busiest sidewalks ever. So how did I end up here, you ask? It's all because of a friend. 

Kim Hyoyeon, my stepcousin and best friend. We had decided on Bangkok, at first, but she got a discount on a room for a hotel in San Francisco. Why? Her friend's boyfriend is the CEO. That's why we're here now. 

The first few days of our vacation, I enjoyed myself with Hyoyeon. The first day, she dragged me to a club. The second day, we went shopping. Today, Hyoyeon ditched me to go clubbing again with her other friends.

"Just go take some pretty pictures." she told me as she left. If it was anyone else, they would probably be offended. As for me, I'm a freelance photographer and an artist. If I were to choose, I think I like drawing better. 

I decided to have some quality alone time by going to Starbucks and then heading to the park to take some pictures. I opened the lid of my cup to get a good smell of the coffee.

Everything was going great, at first, until someone accidentally trips behind me, causing me to stumble forward; I spill my coffee all over a girl. She screams when the scorching hot coffee spills all over her. My jaw drops in shock. Crap. I'm in some deep . 

"I'm so sorry!" I apologized. Her bra is now visible through her white blouse, thanks to the liquid. I feel so… Wow... She has a pretty decent size. 

Suddenly, the girl screams again. My eyes widened in surprise. 

"Are you checking me out?! How dare you check me out right after you spilled coffee all over my clothes!" 

I take a step back, frightened. I understand English, but only if they're talking normally. It takes me some time to process what they say too. Right now, my mind can't process anything. Because of this, I'm totally panic-stricken. I couldn't help but think: who's this crazy woman yelling at me in her scary and super fast English? I wish she could stop talking already. She's making it rain with her saliva. 

"Are you crazy?" This snaps me out of my own thoughts. She looks really frustrated. 

"Are you even listening? Oh my gosh! This can't be happening! You…" 

I want to open my mouth to say something, but I can't. I completely frozen. 

"You byuntae!" My eyes widen. Did she just speak Korean? Uh… Wait… Did she just call me a ert in Korean? Well, okay. I can be a ert sometimes. 

"No! You're a erted midget!" My eyes were probably the size of saucers now. 

"Yah! I'm not a erted midget!" 

At first, she looks stunned. Then, she regains her composure. 

"You're Korean?" I gave her a no-duh look. No. I'm not even a human. I'm a pale bird that resembled a Korean woman. No duh! Of course I'm Korean! I was really tempted to say that, but I didn't. 

"Well…" she starts. "Watch where you're going next time!" 

"Yah! You were the one that was just standing there like a mannequin!" 

"Why didn't you just walk pass me like other people then?" She gestured. 

"That's because-" 

Suddenly, a man ran up and snatched the girl's purse away from her. He took off sprinting. 

"Hey!" The girl yelled. 

I looked at the crowd, but most of them didn't even care. Some did look, but did nothing. Wow. What kind of community is this? 

"Yah!" she yelled at me. Why is she yelling at me now? A guy just stole her purse. 

"Give me your money!" 

 

     "W-what?" 

 

     "Stupid," she starts in English, but I understand that word. She returns to Korean again. "It's your fault my shirt is ruined! It's also your fault that my purse was stolen just now!"

 

     "How?!" I inquired. 

 

     "I wouldn't have been a victim if I wasn't standing here yelling at you!" 

 

     "I didn't ask you to stand here and yell at me. Why don't you just call the police? Why do you need my money?" 

 

     "I had $1,000 in my purse." 

 

     "Who brings that much money with them?" she retorted. 

 

     "Apparently me. Now give me $300." 

 

     "Are you crazy?!" 

 

     "I will be if you don't hand it over! I'll have you know that this shirt and that purse is really expensive."

I look at her shirt and I recognize it. Why the heck is she wearing such an expensive shirt then? I sigh.

"Fine," I mumble, "I'll give you $100 because I recognize that shirt is worth a lot. As for the other $200, even though it's not entirely my fault, I feel bad for you, so I will." 

After I give her the money, she starts walking away. Like a magnet, my eyes are brought down to her . Okay. She has a nice one. I think I like her better; I'm a person. 

"Yah!" 

She had turned her head around and caught me looking at her earlier. I blink and look away. Then, I walk back to the hotel. I'm in no mood to go to the park anymore.

When I walk into the hotel room, I rapidly blink at what I see. Hyoyeon is going at it with a guy I have never seen before on the couch. I quickly close the door. Okay. Maybe I'll go somewhere else.

Deciding I didn't know where to go, I head to the lobby and chilled there. I began to look over all the pictures I took on my camera.

"Why are you alone here?" a feminine voice asks in English. I look up from my camera to see a blonde. Her hair is straight and she has the prettiest blue eyes ever. She's a bit tan. She's also taller than I am.

"Uh…" I try to think of how to reply to everything she says in English. 

"My friend is with her… Boyfriend right now in our hotel room." I say. 

"Oh…" she looks at my camera and smiles. 

"Are you a photographer?" I nod in reply. 

"That's cool. Now I'll ask you one simple question: are you gay?" 

I'm taken aback by how straightforward she is. I give her a curious look. She smiles.

"You're probably a tourist. Is this your first time? You don't seem to know that a lot of people here are openly gay, biual, lesbian…" 

Wow. Really? In Korea, you're basically risking a lot if you come out of the closet. I had one friend in middle school that committed suicide because kids about her liking girls. The teachers didn't do anything. Her parents were disgusted. No one even shed a tear when she died, except for me. I'm not sure about her parents though. Thinking about it made me sad and depressed. That's the reason why I never came out of the closet. 

"So… Are you?" I look up at her. 

"Yes, I am." I replied.

"Wow. My gaydar is on point." She winks at me. Then, she pulls me up seductively. 

"Then would you like to go up into my room? I'm feeling pretty lonely."

I stare at her for a moment. With a stranger? Well… 

"No strings attached, and don't worry. I promise I'm clean." she added. Okay. I guess I could go along. 

"Okay." And she led me up. 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

"Next time you bring a guy over, bring him to your room. That sight scarred me. It's imprinted in my memory." 

Hyoyeon threw a pillow at my head. 

"Shut up. It's not bad to be straight or biual, you know?" 

"Sure, sure." I jumped onto the bed and sighed. I had a tiring day.

"What did you do today?" 

Oh goodness. I begin to rant on what happened today, except for the part of me going into another girl's hotel room. She gave me a look. 

"I mean, don't you think she was a bit temperament?" 

"Well you did spill coffee on her expensive shirt..." 

"Are you siding with her?" 

"Nope." Then she offers me a grin.

"What if she planned the whole scenario?" My jaw drops. That's a possibility. Then that would mean she didn't get robbed and she stole $300 from me. 

"Haha! Don't worry. It's only a what if." 

I groaned. I didn't know what to think anymore. I just had such a long day. 

"Is Yul picking us up tomorrow?" I questioned. Hyoyeon shook her head. 

"Nope. Sooyoung is. You know Yul. She's going to go bother the hell out of poor Sica." 

I snicker. Poor Sica? First of all, Sica is really rich, though she won't admit it. Second of all, she deserves to be irritated.

"Yah. Are you still not over it? She still loves you, you know. That's why she's not budging to Yuri's proposals." I sigh. 

Back when we were in college together, we were a group. Me, Jessica, Sunny, Hyoyeon, Yuri, and Sooyoung, and Seohyun were best friends. The thing is, Jessica and Yuri were open biuals. After they found out, they called our group the gay group, although that's not true. Seohyun is as straight as one can be, and thank goodness everyone knew that.

Jessica and I started dating a few months after we got to know each other. We lasted two years. Then, we broke up because of her.

"You shouldn't be talking. You were the one that wouldn't come out of the closet and made the relationship secret. I would be frustrated if I were her too." 

"Can we just stop talking about it? It was her that ruined the relationship and friendship, not me." I close my eyes and bury my head into the soft pillow.

"…But what if it was a misunderstanding? Has that ever crossed your mind?" 

I didn't answer. It never crossed my mind before, although we broke up three years ago. I rather not think about her. 

"Goodnight." I hear Hyoyeon say. After about half an hour and hearing Hyoyeon snore, I reply back. 

"I miss her."