(2K) Making It Happen

Love of a CEO

Author's Note: So... I haven't been in a comedic mood lately, so sorry if this chapter . I guess I'm still not over the whole SNSD OT9 thing. I'm glad Sica still has a lot of support though. Here's the second chapter. 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Krystal's POV

 

     "It's Jessica." 

 

     I froze and sit up in my bed. I looked at my bedmate and noticed she's still sleeping. She's even snoring and sounding like a pig. 

 

"Jessica Alba?!" 

 

The line went dead silent for a while. I heard a loud slapping sound. Okay. What's that all about? Not too long after, the voice spoke up again. 

"No. It's Jessica Jung, your older sister."

 

     I looked at the caller ID, and it did in fact say 'Jessica Jung' on the screen. I blinked and rubbed my eyes, but the name didn't disappear. It was as apparent as ever. I pressed the phone back on my ear. 

 

     "Hello?" she asked. Whoa. Her voice sounds so sweet now. Back then, her voice used to sound too high and squeaky. It was plain annoying. I cleared my throat before replying.

 

     "What do you want?" 

 

     I cursed myself. I wasn't supposed to say that, but it came out that way anyways. I could hear her grind her teeth. I mentally scold myself. I seriously screwed up. 

 

     "Nothing. Forget it." she replied. 

 

     "Wait!" I yelled. My partner started to stir in her sleep, but then she was back to snoring. I sighed in relief.

 

     "Yes?" Jessica answered. Why is her voice so damn sweet while mine is pretty deep? I coughed and shook my head. 

 

     "How are you?" I actually managed to sound nice this time. Even if I can't see her, I could definitely tell she's surprised. I'm surprised too. 

 

     "Well, um, I'm fine... I'm great, I guess... Uh, how are you?" Her voice filled my ear. I smiled to myself, then shook my head again. 

 

     "Yeah, well, uh I'm fine too." 

 

     "Oh, well then that's good."

 

     We were in a moment of awkward silence for a good, I'm pretty sure, two minutes. I decided to break the awkwardness. 

 

     "So why'd you call?" I'm pretty damn curious as to what she'll say next now. 

 

     "Oh, um, I was wondering if..." she trailed off and paused. I waited anxiously for her to continue. 

 

    "Well, um, if you want to come to South Korea and visit me?" 

 

     I blinked a few times in confusion and shock. If I was drinking water, I would have spit it out and choked. The random invitation was really surprising. I cleared my throat. 

 

     "Uh, okay, I'll check my schedule." I replied. 

 

     "Your... Schedule?" Oh great. She thought I would be irresponsible and unorganized. For her information, I also have a life. 

 

     "Yeah." I said with a hint of irritation in my voice. I heard her softly laugh in the background. Wow. Even her laugh is as sweet as her voice. 

 

     "No," she denies, "I wasn't underestimating you or anything. I just realized that... Well, that I don't know what you do for a living." 

 

     "Oh." Was all I could muster up.

 

     "I'm an actress." I replied. 

 

     When I was 12, I went to visit family in California with my parents. Jessica didn't come because she wanted to spend time with one of her friends before they moved. We went to an Arts Museum, and that's when I realized I wanted to become an artist.

 

     I begged my parents for us to stay there when I found a really good arts school, but they thought I was too young and wanted me to grow up in Korea for a little longer. My mom's sister finally offered to raise me for a bit, and with a lot of persuading, arguing, and reluctance, they agreed to let me stay with my aunt and uncle. 

 

     When I turned 14, my parents moved back to California and I moved back in with them. I was told Jessica was accepted into a university, so I didn't really care much about her. When I turned 16, I was scouted to star in a tea commercial when I was shopping with my parents. 

 

     When I turned 18, I rented an apartment with the money I made in my new modeling career. My parents moved back to South Korea, and I found myself turning to acting. I became well-known for my roles in some movies and television series. The thing is, I never got to attend the arts university I wanted so badly to go to. I still do want to go there, till this day, but my schedule won't allow it. I would probably be a college dropout in a few days at this rate. Now, I'm 20 and live in my own house.

 

     "Oh?" I could sense the surprise in her tone. I'm actually surprised she hasn't heard about me, not that I really mention her when they interview me and stuff. 

 

     "What do you do for a living?" I asked her. Okay. So I didn't know either. I didn't bother finding out. 

 

     "I'm a fashion designer." For a lazy person like her, I'm pretty surprised.

 

     "How's that going?" I asked. 

 

    "Pretty well." I could tell she took pride in her work. 

 

     "Okay, well I'll call you back in the morning and tell you if I can go or not." 

 

     "... You're going to come immediately if you're allowed to?" she questions. I paused. 

 

     "Uh... Yeah, I guess." 

 

     We stayed silent for a while, until she clears . 

 

     "Um, okay. Goodnight." I smiled and chuckle softly. 

 

     "Goodnight." 

 

     After we hung up, I turned to look at the girl laying beside me. She would have to leave after she wakes up. Hopefully she doesn't grow attached or tell anyone we had . I laid back down and slowly drifted off to sleep. 

 

     When I woke up in the morning, I looked to my side to see the girl was gone. I smirked to myself. Good. It is a one-time thing. 

 

     "Krystal! Wake up!" Great. My manager is here. I groan and pulled the sheets over my head. 

 

     "Krystal!" I could tell she's standing right in front of me now. 

 

     "You have an interview in two hours! Get up!" 

 

     I sighed and rolled over. She pulled the blanket off my head. Thank goodness I put on clothes after my wild night last night. 

 

     "Calm down Tiff." I replied. She sat on my bed and sighed. 

 

     "Sorry. I didn't have breakfast this morning." she admitted. I laughed. Tiffany was always grumpy and pushy when she didn't have her meals on time. 

 

     "I'll get ready, just go eat something downstairs first." 

 

     I laughed when she sprinted down the stairs. 

 

     After I got ready, I walked downstairs to see Tiffany wolfing down rice, eggs, and bacon. 

 

     "You're gonna get fat." I told her. She glares at me in a playful manner.

 

     "So? I work out."

 

    I shook my head and sit right beside her on a stool in the bar. There's a plate of food in front of me. I dig up and ask her something. 

 

     "Um, can I take a vacation?" 

 

     The Korean-American pauses, her fork mid-way from . Her eyebrows knit together in confusion.

 

     "Come on, unnie! We could go visit family in Korea for a while! We both need the break!" 

 

     She thinks about it for a minute, then, to my surprise, nods and continues eating. 

 

     "I'll talk to them about it." she replies. I scream. 

 

     "Really?!" She nodded again. 

 

     "Thank you so much!" I yelled. I really wanted to take a vacation, and I also wanted to visit my parents in Korea. 

 

I come to wonder how Jessica will look like now. When we were little, Jessica would always stuff herself with food until she didn't feel good. A brief image of her pops up in my mind. I laughed. I imagine an oversized, chubby Jessi with beer in one hand and a bucket of chicken in the other. I snickered.

 

"What's up with you?" Tiffany asked with food in . 

 

"Hehehe. Nothing, just excited." 

 

I ignore the pointed looks she's giving me and fall into my own thoughts. Actually, I can't wait to see Jessica.