Kyuhyun

Star
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Sometimes, the people we love the most makes the worst decision.”

“Is he lip-synching???”

Lip-synching was actually normal for idols especially when they had to perform one song after another for three straight hours. But…. Lip-synching for a solo performance? Lip-synching for a ballad song? Lip synching when you are not even dancing? Kyuhyun could not believe what he had just heard. Did he missed out something or …. ?

He knew it. The moment when his best friend told him about that stupid rejection, he knew that it would create a big impact on the little guy. But honestly, Kyuhyun expected him to just do what he always did when he was depressed which was ask him out to drink almost every night. But now that Kyuhyun thought back about it… His best friend hadn’t even called him once for a drink after that day. Not only that but… Kyuhyun realized that Ryeowook had also just stopped talking to him altogether.

Kyuhyun completely understood why though. Ryeowook must have been hurt. His ego and pride must have been crushed and it must have been embarrassing for him. Kyuhyun and Ryeowook were same-age friends but … Kyuhyun was doing better, a lot better than Ryeowook was and so it must have bugged Ryeowook. Kyuhyun felt bad but he didn’t know what to do. If he could do something, anything about this, he really would. Kyuhyun monitored his best friend’s performance through the little screen backstage and shook his head. Ryeowook never lip-synch. Even if that kid was dying, he would never lip-synch for his life. So…. Why was he doing it right now? Kyuhyun remembered only exchanging a few words with Ryeowook ever since that day. With his solo activities, he was barely home and hung out with the other members. Ryeowook took the next flight to Japan and arrived a day later than Kyuhyun and everyone had their own hotel room. Even while they did a full-dress rehearsal, Ryeowook was never there with him. Ryeowook clung onto the members and only talked to Kyuhyun when necessary.

Kyuhyun felt partly responsible for everything. Ever since he debuted as a solo, yes, Kyuhyun felt blessed and overjoyed for all the great success but also, he had his worries and guilt too. Of course, he felt bad towards s. He knew even if they were proud of him, that there was a slight hint of jealousy and even dare he say it, betrayal. He knew that although the members were happy for him, some of them must be thinking why it was him and not them. But… That’s just the way how life works. At one point, you’re up in life and at another, you’re not. Kyuhyun knew then that he would have to seat and talk with Ryeowook tonight. Maybe he could get Ryeowook really drunk and get Ryeowook to pour his problems out. That always helped. Yes, Kyuhyun thought, he knew what he’d have to do.

_________________________________________________________________________

Right after Super Show, everyone was famished after singing and dancing for almost three hours. The Super Junior members decided to split since some of them wanted Korean food while some wanted to try different types of food. Kyuhyun really wanted ramen and the thought of those mouth-watering warm noodles made him really excited but he stopped himself from following the others when he heard that Ryeowook wanted to join the other group and ate something else. He sighed internally and decided to just follow the other group since he wanted to spend time with his best friend. He ended up going to a famous restaurant in Japan with Ryeowook, Sungmin, Henry, Zhou Mi and Donghae while the rest went on their search for a Korean restaurant.

Kyuhyun wasn’t surprised when Ryeowook planted himself at the other end of the table, far away from him when they found a seat. Ryeowook entertained himself by chatting with Sungmin and Henry while Kyuhyun had to listen to Donghae and Zhou Mi talking about god knows what stuff. Not that he didn’t enjoy being with his other members but Kyuhyun really was the type of person who was not good at multitasking and when he had something in mind, he tended to go for that one thing only. And right now… All he really wanted was to talk to Ryeowook.

“How’s SICS going, hyung?” Henry suddenly asked Ryeowook.

Taking this opportunity, Kyuhyun leaped right into the conversation. “You never call me anymore, Ryeonggu.”

 “It’s going fine, Henry ah. I’m really enjoying filming.” Ryeowook answered while he smeared the red sauce onto his dish. “And you’re not on the charts anymore, Kyu. How do you expect me to call you?”

“Who knows.” Kyuhyun shrugged. “Maybe I should come down and join you one day.”

Ryeowook kind of scoffed and never returned his gaze to Kyuhyun. He started a conversation with Sungmin telling him how delicious his dish was and Kyuhyun was long forgotten. Well… Kyuhyun figured that he really needed to talk to his best friend. Kyuhyun didn’t want Ryeowook to feel embarrassed or let his pride ruin their friendship. He’d just knock on Ryeowook’s door later that night and tell him that he needed a drinking buddy. Ryeowook couldn’t say no.

______________________________________________________________________________

They spent about an hour eating and finally decided to head out, wanting to get back to their hotel and get some sleep after a really long day. While they made their way out of the restaurant, the members walked ahead and left Ryeowook and Kyuhyun behind and both of them awkwardly walked next to each other, not saying anything. Ryeowook took out his phone and begun texting, purposely walking slowly behind Kyuhyun.

“Hey, watch out!”

Kyuhyun spun around when he heard a loud ooff and saw that Ryeowook was on the floor, looking dazed.

“Hey, sorry there. Are you alright?”

Ryeowook snapped out of his daze and narrowed his eyes, looking like he about to shout at the person who bumped into him. Kyuhyun knew that this wouldn’t go well since although his best friend was petite and small, he was pretty dangerous when he was mad. And Ryeowook hated, hated it when someone bumped into him and made him fall.

“Watch where you’re going, stupid.” Ryeowook snapped. “You’re lucky I’m not some old man or something. I could have been hurt.”

Ryeowook stood up and brushed his jeans. The guy that bumped him raised his brows and then tilted his head. “Yah, Kim Ryeowook, is that you??!”

Ryeowook who was brushing his jeans, paused and looked up to the guy who had walked into him. He tilted his head in confusion and asked, “Umm…. Yeah. Do I… Do I know you?”

“Yah, it’s me!” The guy gave Ryeowook a light punch on his shoulders. “Hiro!”

“Hiro?” Ryeowook repeated and like lightning, his eyes completely brightened. “OH! Hiro!”

Ryeowook jumped and pounced onto his friend, hugging the guy who Kyuhyun assumed was Hiro as tight as he could. Kyuhyun stood in between them awkwardly, not knowing if he should leave Ryeowook alone or just wait until Ryeowook introduces him to his friend. An

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter