Journey to Recovery: Relaxation

Star
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“It’s cold outside.”

Cold. Freezing. Everything felt iced, frozen. Body quivering, eyes dry, fingers numb. The wind blowing only made it worst and Ryeowook hugged himself tighter. He squeezed his eyes, cold air escaping his lips. Weak, so weak. Ryeowook’s legs gave way and he dropped onto the frozen hard floor. It hurt. Everything hurt so badly.

“Wookie hyung? Are… Are you all right?”

Ryeowook took a deep breath and slit his eyes open forcefully. The lights in his room made him groan and he blinked thrice, trying to get used to the brightness. He gave up halfway and covered his eyes with his arms, his lips frowning.

“Lights…” Ryeowook muttered.

Thankfully, whoever it was understood what he meant and he heard the clicking sound of the switch and Ryeowook finally removed his arms from his eyes. The room was dark but Ryeowook caught a glimpse of his magnae at the side of the bed, looking down at him with huge curious eyes.

“Hyung, are you feeling better? You were thrashing around in your sleep.” Henry questioned and then picked up a towel from the side table and dabbed it on Ryeowook’s face. “And you’re sweating so badly despite the AC at the lowest temperature.”

Ryeowook’s throat tightened as he struggled to form words to speak. His body was not cooperating with him, his mind felt so jumbled up that he wanted to scream and begged for everything to just stop. Ryeowook could only groan as he felt his chest tightened and his body trembling.

“Are… Are you alright?” Henry asked, looking more concerned. “Do you need something, hyung?”

Ryeowook felt Henry touching his shoulder and without realizing, he shoved the magnae’s hand roughly away. He wanted to apologize at the boy with shocked eyes but his lips wouldn’t listen, instead, he ended up cursing out loud. Ryeowook pushed himself off the mattress and staggered out of his bed. He wasn’t hurt but he didn’t know why he was limping. Walking itself felt so freaking hard to do. By the time he made his way to the other side of his room, he was already breathless.

“Hyung, what… Do… Do you need any help?”

Ryeowook shook his head but that only made his vision blurry and he had to stop moving because the room was suddenly spinning. Once Ryeowook gained his vision back, he continued his way to his pile of giraffe soft toys. Ryeowook started picking one by one and his fingers shook as he ped the giraffe’s body.

“Where….. Where is it?”

Frustrated, Ryeowook shoved the soft toy aside and picked another one, rummaging through it’s body. Sweat was dribbling down his nose and his cheeks and he was getting ing pissed off. Ryeowook wiped away his sweat and continued his search, his brain aching more every second that passed. His fingers became too sweaty and shaky that he failed to the zipper and cursed out loud.

“WHERE THE ARE THEY!?”

“Do… Do…. Do you mean the … the drugs, hyung?”

Ryeowook froze. His grip on the soft toys tighten and he spun around, eyes red and nose flaring. Henry stepped back, surprised by the sudden reaction. Ryeowook flung the giraffe away and started making his way towards Henry.

Ryeowook glared at him. “You took them?!”

“I…. I….. Yes.”

“WHERE DID YOU PUT THEM? GIVE THEM TO ME!!”

“N… No.” Henry stepped back. “Hyung, we got rid of them.”

“WHAT?”

Ryeowook screeched and flung towards Henry, grabbing him by his throat. Henry, surprised from Ryeowook’s sudden behaviour, fell backwards onto the ground and Ryeowook took the opportunity to straddle Henry and brought both his hands around Henry’s throat, pressing tight. Henry started coughing, feeling his throat getting choked while he struggled to push Ryeowook off him.

“H… Hyun… Hyung… St… Stop!”

“GIVE THEM BACK! GIVE THEM BACK YOU IDIOT!”

Ryeowook continued screaming as he pressed onto Henry’s tight mercilessly. Ryeowook could hear Henry begging, he could see the magnae turning paler than usual and his lips turning from pink to purple, but nothing was making any sense. Ryeowook’s head was throbbing, his chest felt too tight to breathe normally and the room was starting to spin again.

“YAH KIM RYEOWOOK!”

The next thing Ryeowook knew was that he was flying. He was flying across the room and into a wall. He crashed violently into the wall before sliding down to his feet. Ryeowook giggled at how it must have loo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter