Ryeowook

Star
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Light that blunt and forget the funk.”

Ryeowook took a long puff and blew out another puff of smoke letting it surround himself and the room. The smoke captivated him. The grey and black cloud mesmerized him. Maybe it was weird but Ryeowook swore with every puff he took and blew out, he felt himself getting lighter. It was as if his problems, his worries, his insecurities faded in the clouds, giving him peace. Ryeowook loved the feeling. He absolutely loved it.

The past few weeks had been torture for him, emotionally. Ryeowook was starting to even feel sorry for his pathetic self. He got rejected straight in the face by the CEO of his company when he asked if he could have a solo album. No. That was the answer. The CEO did not even waited a second or even gave it any thought. He gave a straight no and like a fool, Ryeowook walked away, frustrated and heartbroken. Before he became a singer, people had always commented on how amazing his voice was, how angelic and beautiful it sounded. He liked it too to say the truth. His voice was a piece of art, he thought. Not until he decided to pursue his dream of being a singer. His voice ended up to be common. It was beautiful but not what the entertainment industry needed. But Ryeowook still had his hopes up. He watched Kyuhyun, his best friend’s, dream came true. Kyuhyun became a solo singer, a successful solo singer and boy, was he ever so dumb to think that he could actually achieve the same damn thing.

Ryeowook chuckled to himself, rolling the velvet stick around his fingers. That was all over, he guessed. He was getting over it and it was actually a lot easier than he thought it would be. Had it not been for an old friend, Ryeowook wondered what misery he would still be in right about now. Smoking probably didn’t suit his image at all but Ryeowook figured he didn’t care. Not when he was enjoying how it felt, how he felt different and in control of what was going on when he drew in the hot smoke. Smoking, he found out, was not only about breathing in and out. No, it was more than that. Smoking required one to know how to control his lungs, how to breathe properly. Ryeowook the hot smoke and took a deep breathe. That, ladies and gentleman, was how you smoked. As the smoke entered his lungs, Ryeowook felt his blood rushing through his veins, his head light and his body tingly. 

A knock came on the door and in came a familiar face. He took one look at what was going on in the room and his expression changed horribly. He slammed the door behind him shut, coughing and waving his hands all over.

“What are you doing!?” Sungmin asked, coughing.

Sungmin walked over to the windows and drew the curtains and pushed open the windows. Ryeowook cringed at the sunlight blaring into his room all of a sudden and glared at his hyung.

“When did you start this?!” Sungmin asked pointing to the boxes on the floor. “What the Ryeowook?!”

“It’s fun.” Ryeowook smiled innocently. “You should try it, hyung.”

“And get myself killed? No thanks.”

“Right.” Ryeowook scoffed. “You’ve got a fiancé to look after for the rest of your life, I forget.”

Once done, Ryeowook threw the cigarette away and sat on his bed, crossed-legged. Sungmin was looking at him like he had lost his mind while he patiently waited for his hyung to say something.

“Where… Why…. How… When?” Sungmin tried to pull himself together then took a deep breathe. “How did this happen, Wookie? When did you started smoking?”

“Just recently.” Ryeowook answered honestly. “I like it.”

“But it’s bad for you.”

Ryeowook shrugged. “The others do it too.”

“Used to do it.” Sungmin corrected him and held up the boxes. “Pus they don’t smoke two boxes a day.”

Ryeowook rolled his eyes. “Are you here for something or do you just want to collect my cigarette boxes?”

“I…. Yeah. I actually came up to ask if you wanted to join us for lunch. Eunhyuk, Kyu and I are eating out and Donghae’s joining us right after his schedule. Do you want to?”

“No thanks, I’m meeting a friend soon. Thanks anyway.”

Sungmin nodded as he looked down at the boxes disapprovingly. He sat next to Ryeowook on

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter