Eunhyuk

Star
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eunhyuk

“Wear your heart on your skin in this life.”

The rain poured and the wind blew hard against Eunhyuk. The dancer took a glimpse across the empty road and dashed across, entering the small café, the warmth in the small shop enveloping him. Eunhyuk ruffled his hair and shook the water out and reminded himself of his dog, Choco and smiled.  He walked past a few customers and their eyes grew huge at the sight of a celebrity. They asked for pictures and autographs and Eunhyuk politely told them that he would be out in another hour or so. He had an important meeting to attend to anyway. Eunhyuk walked towards the back of the café and into a private room.

“Sorry I’m late, guys.” Eunhyuk greeted.

The members of Super Junior brushed it off, most of them having just arrived too thanks to the bad weather and heavy traffic. s started a conversation of their work and he pitched in an idea once in a while. They were teammates after all but the one who was most excited about this was Heechul. He was spatting here and there excited over the whole “Frozen” stage. They were planning for the future performances.

The members enjoyed planning for performances. Usually, SM did all the planning but they were allowed to plan the stage for Super Shows thankfully. Each and every one in Super Junior had different ideas and concepts they wanted to carry out and Eunhyuk and Shindong’s job was to combine these different opinions and turn it into one smooth concert. This time, all the members of Super Junior were in a café – Yesung’s café to be more direct- hidden at in a private room, discussing what they wanted to do for their next concert. They couldn’t change the whole concert completely but they could change bits and pieces and give the fans something not too different and not too similar to what they had done previously in each country.

“I thought I was the only person who was late.” Eunhyuk said as he realized that someone else was missing. “Wookie isn’t coming?”

“He’s running a little late.” Donghae replied a little gloomily. “I tried waking him up earlier but he cursed at me and told me that he wanted to sleep.”

“Wookie cursed at you?” Heechul laughed, giving Donghae a disbelieving look. “I should have been there. I’d pay good money to see that.”

“He really did!”

“, he really did?” Heechul tilted his head. “That doesn’t sound like him.”

Donghae shrugged. “You’re always away in the mornings so you have no idea how torturous it is to have to wake him up for schedules. I get cursed at almost every freaking day.”

“I don’t bother trying anymore if it’s not urgent.”

. It must be major then, Eunhyuk thought. Donghae loved everyone and especially his dongsaengs. But if he gave up and stopped bothering meant that something was seriously off. Donghae doesn’t just let go. Ryeowook must have hurt his feelings deeply or something. Speaking of the devil, Ryeowook finally appeared, walking into the room like a boss. His face was extremely haggard, his lips purple and his cheekbones sharp. Eunhyuk realized then that he had not seen the magnae up close for a really long time. Ryeowook never joined them for dinner or lunch or anything. Ryeowook only went for group meetings if it was compulsory.

“Hey.” He quietly greeted us and took a seat next to Sungmin.

A waitress popped her head into the room and asked him if he wanted to order anything but he shook his head, not even bothering to look at her. He was texting on the phone and from where Eunhyuk was seating, he could see how Ryeowook kept sighing, as if he was tired or annoyed with something.  

“Can we quickly get this over and done with?” Ryeowook asked, his voice irritated. “I’m going off after this to meet Hiro.”

Ahhh. Eunhyuk have heard that name a couple of times now. Ryeowook always had to go off quick to meet his friend. Kyuhyun told him that Hiro was Ryeowook’s old friend and that he didn’t look like Ryeowook’s type of normal friends from the university. Kyuhyun described this guy to look a little bit menacing at first, a few tattoos on his arms and he just… Well… He looked like he was one of Kangin’s gangster friends. Not Ryeowook’s.

“How has he been?” Kyuhyun suddenly questioned with an intense stare at Ryeowook.

“You don’t even know him.” Ryeowook grunted.

Geez. Someone must have woken up on the wrong side of the bed. The members looked across each other, already feeling the odd atmosphere between the magnaes and so they tried to keep to themselves rather than make the situation worse. Kyuhyun was about to spit a sharp comment judging from how his eyes flared up but Leeteuk cleared his voice, obviously stopping him. He finally continued talking about the concert and started planning here and there for the changes for our next concert. While the members gave suggestion one by one, Eunhyuk turned when he heard someone cursing softly. It was Ryeowook and he was holding onto his noise. He tilted his head up and pinched the bridge of his nose and placed the napkin over his nose.

“Nosebleed again?” Kangin asked.

Ryeowook nodded but did not say anything else. It was pretty normal nowadays. Eunhyuk didn’t know why but Ryeowook always had nosebleed attacks like this whenever they met up for photo shoots or group activity. Donghae, who was living in the same apartment with Ryeowook, sometimes told the others too about Ryeowook’s nosebleed and how there would be tissues covered with blood everywhere in the house. Donghae hated that.

“You should really get it checked, Wook ah.” Leeteuk worriedly suggested. “It’s been going on for some time now hasn’t it?”

“It’s fine.” Ryeowook waved his hands.

And that was when the members saw it. Right on his wrist. There was something on his wrist, the skin red and glowing, as if taunting the members. As if a sign or a symbol that represented Ryeowook’s sudden odd behaviour. It was something nobody would expect seeing. Sungmin who was next to him, grabbed his wrist with his wide shocked eyes. He studied the drawing on the wrists, his eyes not even blinking once.  

“What is this???”

“Is that… Is that a tattoo?” Henry, the youngest, questioned.

Ryeowook rolled his eyes. “Yes it is.”

The skin around the swirly thick lines were still red and swollen so Ryeowook must have just gotten the tattoo. There was so many things that laid unsaid between the members.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter