Donghae

Star
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Love is handing someone a gun and letting them point it to your head, believing that he won’t pull the trigger.”

Donghae was at the brink of insanity. There were so many unanswered questions, so many loose ends to what was going on. Eunhyuk was of no help at all. He had been driving with a straight face and tight – a very firm tight- grip on the steering wheel.

“Hyuk, tell me what’s going on!” Donghae demanded. “I’m going to get out of this car if you don’t tell me!”

Eunhyuk finally, finally loosened his grip on the steering wheel. His face was still expressionless as he drove and concentrated on following Ryeowook’s car. It’s insane. All his life, Donghae would never imagined stalking a dongsaeng.

“Lee Hyukjae.” Donghae warned. “Tell me now.”

“I just want to know where Wook is headed to.”

“He’s going to be mad.”

“He doesn’t have to know.” Eunhyuk shrugged.

Donghae shook his head disapprovingly. He was already involved and as much as he really didn’t, he was kind of curious too. Okay, to be honest, he was very curious with Ryeowook’s whereabouts these past few weeks. Donghae hated how Ryeowook had changed and how he was a complete different person. He had tried to offer the younger one a listening ear and he had did his best to be the elder brother that Ryeowook wanted or needed. He had always mentioned how he was lonely since he was the only son and always wondered what it was like to have a brother. Donghae had always been there, always caring and worrying for Ryeowook and for a while, he and Ryeowook were getting along real fine. But… What went wrong? Ryeowook was rude all of a sudden. He was rude and distant. It was like living with a stranger now, Donghae thought.

They followed Ryeowook through the busy streets and finally, Ryeowook stopped outside a building with loud music that blared through the night. Eunhyuk and Donghae found a parking space not too far from the building and stayed in their car while they watched Ryeowook entering the building with a cap and a mask, hiding his face. He was wearing a thick jacket and before entering the club, he pulled his hood on. So…  Since when did Ryeowook clubbed? But… Donghae thought, Ryeowook didn’t look like he was there to club. Eunhyuk’s eyes followed Ryeowook too and when he disappeared into the building, the both of the members stared silently, both in deep thoughts. Finally, Donghae decided to break the silence.

“Do you have an extra cap?”

____________________________________________________________________________

It was a whole completely different world. Donghae had gone to a club once or twice but he had never really knew what went on behind the scenes. He thought that those private rooms only appeared in movies but boy oh boy, he was wrong.

They followed Ryeowook. Thankfully, Eunhyuk kept a few caps and scarfs in his car. They didn’t want any of their fans to recognize them. When Eunhyuk and Donghae entered the club, there were upbeat music, y ladies, alcohol and drunk people dancing here and there. It was your same old club. Ryeowook slipped through the crowd easily like an expert, having done this many times Donghae guessed and the main dancers struggled to follow him. They couldn’t be too close, not wanting to be found out but at the same time, they knew that if they lost sight of Ryeowook, it would be game over. It was impossible to spot Ryeowook in this messy crowd if they lost sight of him.

Ryeowook headed to a table and was greeted with several guys. Some of the guys were drinking beer while some had woman clinging onto them. A familiar guy passed Ryeowook a drink and Ryeowook grinned and tapped it against the other’s glass before slurping it all down. Ryeowook and his friends chatted for some time before the guys got up leaving the ladies behind and headed towards a door that was guarded by a security. One of the guys held up his hands and did a playful salute and the guard’s eyes travelled over all of them before stepping aside. When the four guys including Ryeowook disappeared, Eunhyuk spun around to his partner in crime, with full of questions in his eyes.

“How are we going to get in?” Eunhyuk crinkled his nose. “Do you think we can get in?”

“Maybe the salute was some kind of secret password. Do you want to try?”

Eunhyuk tilted his head. “We’ll look like fools if it isn’t, Hae.”

“It must be! Come on, I’ll do it. You stay behind.”

Donghae led Eunhyuk towards the security. Now that they were up close with the big security guy, their knees were shaking. He was huge and his lips were menacingly pursed. He eyes were red and dark and his eyebrows raised. He peered down to Eunhyuk and Donghae and waited.

“What do you want?” He grunted.

“Umm…” Donghae then brought up his hand and playfully saluted and even added a wink, just to be cute.

Eunhyuk had a bad feeling about this.

The guard’s eyes travelled all over their bodies and he glared at both of the boys. “ off.”

“Hyuk,” Donghae leaned towards his friend and whispered. “I think we got the wrong password.”

Eunhyuk glared at his friend.  “You think?”

Eunhyuk cleared his throat and turned his attention

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter