Aged 15 and 16

Fear
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Really? You'll let me practice with you?" I bounced on my toes, and wrapped my arms tightly around his waist. "Yes! Finally!" 

L laughed, his face turning pink. He awkwardly patted my head. "You're really that happy?"

I nodded my head vigorously. "You have to teach me a lot, okay?" 

"Like what?"

I considered, straightening myself and tapping a finger on my chin. Honestly though, it was just a show. I knew exactly what it was that I wanted him to teach me; the nunchakus. Who knew two sticks could do so much damage, and also make the wielder look out of this world?

I started whirling my hands around my body, trying to cue L in on what I wanted. 

He looked at me as though I were crazy

I stopped. "Maybe this isn't the best way to express it..."

L snorted. "No offense but you look an extremely confused elephant."

"An elephant? You're comparing me to an elephant?"

He shrugged. "Sorry. First animal that came to mind." 

I rolled my eyes, and decided to give up of showing him what I meant. "Nunchakus! Teach me that!"

He looked at me, a doubtful look on his face. 

"What?" I asked, annoyed. 

"No. It's nothing." He shook his head. "We'll just see what happens in the stimulation."

 

= = = = = 

 

I gripped the foam nunchaku, fuming. "Why won't you let me use the actual weapon? I've been training in all sorts of martial arts for like six or seven years now! I can handle it! It doesn't even have a blade!" 

L smirked. "Trust me, you'll thank me later on. It's harder than you'd think."

I stomped my food on the floor childishly and shook my head. "Give me the real thing. You agreed to teach me for only a day! I need to master this thing before the day is over." 

"Are you sure about this?"

"Yes I'm sure! Now hand it over!" 

L grumbled under his breath, but relented. "Don't say I didn't warn you..."

= = = = =

I gave the nunchaka a spin, gaging its weight. 

"It's heavier than I thought it would be..." I murmured to myself. L overheard me, and snorted. 

"If it were light like foam it wouldn't do much damage would it?" 

I ignored him, and starting swinging the nunchaku round and round around my hands. Getting a little more daring, I started to spin the two sticks around my body, whirling them around gleefully. I increased the speed, faster, faster, so fast that I could hear the metal cut through the air. In fact, it was that whistling sound that made L turn around and see what I was doing. His eyes widened. 

"Suzy! That's really not-" 

Crack

One end of the nunchaku connected with the base of my skull. My vision grew fuzzy, but I could still see the floor nearing and nearing... I squeezed my eyes shut, awaiting the impact. But it never came. A steady pair of arms wrapped around me before I went sprawling. 

 

= = = = =

"Ack..." I groaned. My head pulsed, and an incredible headache muddled any coherent thoughts. I cracked a lid open, and my head jumped a bit seeing an eye peer into my own. I clutched at my head as another nail was driven through my skull. The eye pulled away, and I saw L, lines drawn across his forehead. 

"Don't crinkle your forehead like that," I reprimanded. "You'll get wrinkles." 

L looked at me in disbelief. "You're worried about that? Do you remember what happened just a moment ago?" 

I shrugged. "It doesn't hurt that much." I said nonchalantly. I swung my legs off the bed and nearly tipped over as the world went spinning. L grabbed my hand, swinging it over his shoulder and wrapped an arm around my waist.

"Don't lie." L said softly. "C'mon. Lets go to your room. Rest there." 

= = = = =

In my own bed, I stru

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter