Aged 13 and 14 Part 1

Fear
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Come and get me!" I taunted, a small smile tugging on my lips. I laughed as Naruto swung at me with his kumdo sword. "Gotta be faster than that." I ducked as the bamboo stick whizzed past my head. "Faster." Naruto growled, and swung once again, but this time feinted and finally connected with my body. "Ow!" I gritted my teeth, and glared at the ridiculous virtual character. "You know, I should decapitate you. Maybe that would make your stupid spiky yellow hair look better!"  I tightened my grip on my sword and advanced towards Naruto. A look of fear crossed face as he backed away from me, his stick held out defensively in front of him. "Yea. That's right. Be afraid. Cause your gonna be in a lot of pain very soon!" In one swift movement, I brought my sword down to his, cleanly breaking it in half. I kicked out, forcing the remaining, splintered stump to clutter to the floor. I pivoted once, and swung at him again. He dodged my attack, and tried retaliate, but I blocked all his kicks and punches. With a scream of triumph, Naruto jumped into the air, a leg extended, ready to kick my head. I frowned at him. "That isn't going to work. I never make the same mistake twice." I side stepped him, and the moment he passed me, I hit the side of his neck hard. He dropped to the floor in a heap. 

Game Over

I took my VirtualGlasses off, and grabbed a bottle of water. As I gulped it down, I turned to L. 

"I love this program, but I can't stand his hair. Can't you change it?" 

L pouted. "Why? I like his hair. It's unique!" 

"Psh. Unique, my ." 

He lightly punched my shoulder. "Yah, stop with the foul language." 

I rolled my eyes, and punched him back, purposely putting a little muscle behind it. He winced, and rubbed his shoulder.

"Your temperament doesn't match your appearance AT ALL."  he grumbled. 

I grinned, and flipped my hair. "Deal with it." 

He sighed, and shook his head. 

I gave him once-over, looking at him head to toe. 

"What?" he asked defensively, crossing his arms over his chest. 

"Maybe you should work out a bit with me. Develop your fighting skills." 

"Mmmmm. Never going to happen." he mumbled. 

"Why?" I glared at him. "You always insist that I practice with Naruto like 3 hours everyday, yet you don't actually any any work yourself?" 

"I created the program for you." he pointed out. 

"Well... yea." I admitted. "But you had most of your work done for you already! You said so yourself. "I had my work cut out for me. Naruto already existed back in the Obsolete Era, when games were played on flat screen televisions and 3-D holographs didn't exist."  Do you not remember saying that to me?" 

"There's no need. Trust me, I'm better than you." he said in an assured tone. 

"You? Better than me? With no practice? Yea right." I scoffed. 

He raised an eyebrow. "Who said I didn't practice? I have to have some way to test out my products, no? And yea. I do work out. Just not with you." 

"Why? Cause your afraid I'll kick your ?" 

"Watch the language! And no. It's because you're no where near as good as me. You want me to fight you? Get better. You gotta match my standards first." 

I looked at him doubtfully. "Yea, okay. Sure." 

"It's the truth!" 

"Mhmm." 

L muttered under his breath. 

"So whatcha working on right now?" I asked, leaning over his shoulder. I squinted at yet another strange contraption laying on his desk... it looked strangely familiar. "My Macbook!" I gasped. "You disassembled my computer?" 

His eyes wide, he shook his head adamantly.

 

"Of course not!" 

I frowned, as his eyes flicked away from mine, avoiding my gaze. 

"You little piece of- ugh. I should have expected it." I pointed a warning finger at him. "You better make something good out of that. Don't ruin it like you did to that iPad. You do realize how hard it was to get my hands on that thing right?" 

"But you enjoy challenges."

"That's besides the point!" 

"Will you forgive me?" he opened up his arms, asking for a hug. 

My anger dissipated, and I sighed, walking into his arms. L wrapped his arms around me tightly, then let go, leaving an arm hanging around my shoulder. 

"So Bae." he looked at me hopefully. 

"What do you want?" I rubbed my hands together, anticipating another challenge. 

"This might sound weird but... can you steal us the things on this list?" He handed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter