Drama Class

A Second Chance

Sorry for not updating! I just have finals next week, soooooo.....I'll get in as many chapters as possible! Also, my other story (EXO fic) is still in progress. Hopefully today I'll get it done and uploaded! Anyways, here's the new chapter! 

 

Jackson walked out of the songwriting class, the feeling of relief washing over him like warm water in the shower.

 

"I didn't think that class would ever end," he said, sighing in exasperation. He blew a bubble in his mouth as he took out his schedule and looked at his next period: Drama.

 

He sighed. Jackson really liked watching movies and TV shows, but he never thought of being in one of them. He wasn't a big fan of becoming an actor. But then he thought, Maybe it won't be as bad as I'm making it out to be. Who knows? Maybe I'll find something I like about drama.

 

"Jackson hyung!" He heard someone call his name, then turned around to see Yeo Bin pushing through the crowd of confused students.

 

"Yeo Bin? What're you doing here?" He asked, then he realized something—Youngji wasn't next to Yeo Bin. "Where's your sister?" He asked, urgency in his voice. Yeo Bin sighed. "Noona was way too excited for our next class, so she just left me behind."

 

"What's your next class?" Jackson asked, as Yeo Bin scratched his head for a moment. Then, he said, "Drama."

 

Jackson looked down at his own schedule, and saw that he also had Drama next period. "Well, buddy, you're in luck! My next class is also Drama!" He said, then he led Yeo Bin to Room 412, the drama classroom.

 

As they were walking, he saw Youngji by the door. He put on his brightest smile and waved. "Hey, Heo Youngji!" He said, as she looked up and her eyes widened.

 

"N-no way! You have drama, too?" She asked in shock, as he nodded. "Weird, huh? Anyways—" he pulled Yeo Bin to him, "—I believe this belongs to you." Yeo Bin grinned sheepishly, "Hey, noona…"

 

Youngji sighed out of relief, as she pulled Yeo Bin to her and hugged him. "No matter how much I'm going crazy, don’t ever leave my side, got that?" Yeo Bin pulled away and nodded, "Yeah. I got that."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As Youngji opened the door to the drama classroom, the scent of cinnamon overcame her as she sighed in content. "I've forgotten how much I loved this class!" She said, as the boys followed her inside.

 

They too were overcome with the scent of cinnamon. Jackson's mouth gaped open at all the props and sets scattered in the corners of the room. "This place is really…really cool!" He smiled excitedly, as Youngji bit her lip and looked at him.

 

Then, something strange happened.

 

Everything was like a blur—except for Jackson. He was looking around the room with the expression of an idiot. Youngji looked at him with a…longing look? It must've been because she craved for some kind of comfort after she witnessed the earlier incident of the protesters. She could feel her cheeks heat up and a tear stream down her cheek. Youngji wanted to just curl up into her sister's arms and cry. She wanted to go home, to her room. She wanted to just put on her headphones and blast EXO or SHINee until she got bored of it.

 

She wished that she was never reborn.

 

"Youngji? Heo Youngji? Hey, Youngji!" Jackson waved his hand in front of the dazed girl. He finally took her shoulders and shook her vigorously. "Earth to Youngji!"

 

Youngji finally came to her senses. "Huh? Oh, sorry, did you say something?" She asked, as Jackson sighed and said, "The bell rang. Class is about to start." And sure enough, the students were assembling on the floor as the teacher walked to the board. Jackson and Youngji sat down where they were standing, as Yeo Bin shuffled over to sit next to Youngji.

 

The teacher turned and wrote her name on the board: 'Mrs. Bae'.

 

"Hello, everyone! Welcome to Drama, where any story can be brought to life! My name is Mrs. Bae Jong Ok, and I was formerly a TV actress from way back, when your parents were young. I decided to retire from acting and start over as a teacher, which was one of the best decisions I've made! I look forward to teaching this class this year!" She smiled brightly, as all the students applauded.

 

Youngji was really excited to be taking this class, especially because she heard they'd be doing a really cool musical this year.

 

"Okay, now let's do a little 'get to know each other' thing before we get into anything else. Is that alright with you guys?" She asked, as everyone answered, "Yes, ma'am!"

 

"Wonderful! Let's start with…you!" She pointed to a girl in the front, who stood up and faced the class. Youngji recognized her instantly: Im Jin Ah.

 

"Hello! My name is Im Jin Ah, and I really like dancing and singing. In fact, the reason why I joined Drama is because I want to do musical theatre! I look forward to working on that with everyone!" She bowed and everyone applauded, especially some of the boys. In fact, Youngji turned to Yeo Bin, and his cheeks were tinted pink. She shook her head, Lovestruck babo, she thought.

 

"Great to hear that! Alright, now you!" She pointed to the boy next to her, who stood up and faced the class. Youngji recognized him, too: Gu Yeon Seok. He joined because he wanted to pursue his dreams as an actor. Everyone applauded, and the process went on like that, until it was Jackson's turn.

 

"Sup? I'm Jackson Wang! And...there's no reason to why I joined Drama, really. Just wanted to try it." He grinned, as everyone clapped for him.

 

Mrs. Bae smiled. "Well, I hope you'll have a blast in this class, Mr. Wang!" Jackson bowed his head, then sat down. "Okay, now...the lovely lady next to him!" Mrs. Bae pointed to Youngji, who stood up and introduced herself.

 

"My name is Heo Youngji, and I joined Drama because I want to pursue musical theatre! I look forward to being in the school musical with everyone!" She bowed and sat down, while everyone clapped for her.

 

"Love the enthusiasm there, Miss Heo!" Mrs. Bae grinned. "Alright, and finally, the young man next to her!"

 

Yeo Bin stood up, "I'm Heo Yeo Bin, and I joined because my sister wanted to. We have a bond that is unbreakable!" He did a thumbs up as the class started to crack up, leading Youngji to pull on his arm, signaling him to sit down. So this is what it feels like to be embarrassed by a sibling, she thought, Hara unnie didn't embarrass me much...

 

Yeo Bin bowed and sat down, as Mrs. Bae chuckled and said, "Well, aren't you cute?" Yeo Bin blushed and put on a sheepish grin.

 

"Alright! Now that we all know each other, I will now go over what we're going to do this year!" Mrs. Bae turned and wrote on the white board, THE SCHOOL PLAYS.

 

"I will now take suggestions for what plays we want to do this year, starting with...Miss Im!" She pointed to Jin Ah, who suggested Phantom of the Opera. Yeon Seok suggested Frozen, because he wanted to be Kristoff. Yeo Bin, being an ex-angel, heard about many musicals from the dead, so he suggested Wicked. It was based off The Wizard of Oz, which was, and still is, very famous.

 

"Hmm," Mrs. Bae took the idea into consideration, "That would be a very interesting show to put on!" She wrote it down on the board, then asked Youngji what she wanted to do.

 

"Um…I was thinking everyone can write an original play. After everyone turns theirs in, they will be put to a vote. The winner gets to be the play we put on." She suggested.

 

Mrs. Bae looked at her quizzically, then wrote the idea on the board.

 

"I'll think about that idea for sure!" She smiled widely, then asked Jackson what his suggestion was. He just shrugged and said, "I agree with Youngji." Youngji blushed, which earned her a raised eyebrow from her brother.

 

She shook her head when she caught his eye, "It's nothing, really. You don't need to be concerned about everything, you know," she said.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After drama class, Jackson had Dance. Unfortunately, Youngji and Yeo Bin had Art, so he wouldn't know anyone in his next class.

 

But he thought wrong.

 

When he walked into the classroom, he recognized one student  from his first class: the kid with the really long name. He was standing in the corner, typing something on his phone. Jackson didn't know whether or not to approach him, seeing that he'd feel most comfortable with him.

 

However, he didn't need to make a decision, because the kid approached him first.

 

"Hey! Jackson, right?" The kid smiled, then held his hand out for a handshake. "Don't know if you recognize me, but my name's BamBam. We have Songwriting first period."

 

He shakes his hand and claps him on the back. "BamBam! Wassup, bro? Hey, let's get along, okay?" He does everything he can to make it seem like they're close. Luckily, BamBam's cool enough to laugh and joke around with Jackson, even though they've just met.

 

LUNCH

 

Jackson and BamBam were practically inseparable ever since they met in Dance. As they walked to the cafeteria, they talked about their hometowns.

 

Jackson was really interested in how BamBam described Thailand. He thought it was one of the best places in the world. He listened to BamBam's mouthwatering descriptions of authentic Pad Thai, the mangoes you get from street stands, plus lots of other stuff that sounded really good.

 

When they reached the cafeteria, Jackson was in the middle of talking about being on the Hong Kong fencing team. "Wow…you were on a national team?" BamBam asked, his mouth gaping open. Jackson nodded, feeling pretty cool. Then BamBam asked, "Then why did you come to Korea?"

 

Jackson heaved a sigh, "I got a scholarship to go to any school in Korea. Dad suggested a performing arts school, because he wanted me to try something different than fencing and martial arts. If I don't like it here, I can transfer anytime I want. I took the offer, and now here I am!"

 

BamBam was intrigued by Jackson's story. He wished he was like him, so he offered to buy him some bread. Jackson rejected the offer, "Naw, man. I don't wanna have that kind of relationship." He playfully punched him lightly. He's so cool! BamBam thought.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Youngji and Yeo Bin found a table to sit at. It was empty—devoid of any trace of high-schooler. They silently took out their matching lunches: the leftovers from their dinner at Jade Dragon. Not that they were complaining, of course—the food was delicious.

 

"So," Yeo Bin said suddenly, "who is this Seo Kang Joon guy?" The name made Youngji almost choke. She started coughing violently, as Yeo Bin gave her some water.

 

When she was okay, Yeo Bin said, "I'm so sorry, noona! I didn't know you'd do that!" Youngji waved her hand dismissively, "No, it's okay, I'll tell you about him. He is the most egotistical, mean, stupid—" She stopped when—speak of the devil—the big ball of ego just walked in.

 

Seo. Kang. Joon.